PDA

View Full Version : "Prediction" videos should go mainstream...

burns
01-11-2012, 11:29 AM
This is my first post on this forum, though I've been "lurking" for awhile, and I've been an RP supporter since 07'. I've been donating, volunteering, and sharing "viral" videos with everyone I know in that time. Without a doubt, the most effective propaganda (not using that term as a negative) in winning "converts" from the mainstream GOP, DNC, Independents, and non-voters have been the "prediction" videos, which showcase how Dr. Paul has been right on foreign policy and economics for decades. Have you folks had similar experiences?

There are plenty of independent videos on this subject matter, so why aren't we airing similar things on TV?

I don't mean to diminish the existing ads put out by the campaign, and perhaps I'm missing something that has already been made, of which I am not aware (if so, perhaps my post should be deleted). After all, I don't watch TV. That being said, it seems to me that what we need to do, to get the attention of mainstream voters, is PROVE to them how Dr. Paul has been right on these issues for a very long time, and we should position him as an "oracle" of sorts in the political arena. I'm referring to the recession, the economy in general, increases in the prices of gold and other commodities, and foreign policy debacles.

The biggest challenge we face with Dr. Paul is perceived credibility. Of course, this isn't a problem with we true blue supporters, but for mainstream folks, that are apt to follow the mainstream media lead of seeing Dr. Paul as too radical and "out of touch". As they say, "the proof is in the pudding", so shouldn't we prove how accurate Dr. Paul has been over the years?

iamse7en
01-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Thank you. I agree. Spread it far and wide! My dad is a typical necon who watches FOX News all day long. He's always been hostile towards RP. I sent this video to him, and he called me up to say how amazing he thought it was, and how it changed his views on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Between this and the re-uploads on other accounts, it has nearly 350K views and it was only uploaded a week ago. Spread the original though for view counts.

I do wish it included the excerpt from his 2001 speech mentioning the real estate bubble and it bursting (because sadly people still don't know about this prediction either), but I also kinda like how this is all just from that one speech. Talks about a major economic downturn, how Americans will be poorer in 10 years, though.