PDA

View Full Version : Mish: What If We Could Turn Back the Hands of Time and Make One Simple Change?

Lucille
01-11-2012, 11:14 AM
What If We Could Turn Back the Hands of Time and Make One Simple Change?
http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2012/01/what-if-we-could-turn-back-hands-of.html

What if we could turn back the clock to the year 2000 and elect a different president for 8 years? What if we elected Ron Paul?

There would be no Fed and we would have sound money.
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac would have been dismantled.
The big three rating agencies (Moody's, Fitch, and S&P) would not be officially government recognized and rating agencies in general would have been paid on the basis of how well they do their job, not on volume generated by being "officially recognized".
There would have been no housing bubble (or one much smaller).
Ron Paul certainly would not have signed the Medicare bill Bush signed or the Healthcare bill Obama signed..
The US would not have wasted over a trillion dollars in Iraq.
The US would not have had troops stationed in Saudi Arabia and since that was Bin Laden's biggest gripe, there may not have been a 911 attack in the first place.
Davis Bacon and prevailing wage laws would have been scrapped lowering costs to cities and states to provide services.
Cities and states would not be in such bad financial position.
Ron Paul would have ended collective bargaining of public unions
The public union pension crisis would not be as big.
We would actually have smaller government instead of lip service from other Republicans on providing smaller government
People would have lower taxes and more of their own money to spend.
The insane war on drugs would be over and our prisons would not be overflowing at enormous expense to taxpayers
The US would be defending its borders instead of being the world's policeman

I can go on and on. It's amazing how much attention has been focused on things Ron Paul did not even say, instead of things he has consistently stood for. He is the only Republican candidate (actually the only candidate from any party) that has a high level of consistency on critical issues.
[...]
President Obama and Mitt Romney are Nearly One and the Same

Interesting, Judge Napolitano makes the same suggestion that I have made several times: President Obama and Mitt Romney are Nearly One and the Same!

Except on fringe issues there is no practical difference between Obama and Mitt Romney. The health care act Obama crammed down everyone's throat was based on ideas Romney put in place as governor.

Moreover, there is little difference between George Bush and President Obama on wars, on trade, on sanctions, on tariffs, on bailouts, on banks, on drugs, on education, on jobs, and on spending.There is a difference on abortion (a fringe issue), and on public unions.
[...]
Fake Conservatives

Ron Paul is the true constitutional conservative. Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney, and Rick Santorum are fakes. I will not vote for Mitt Romney if nominated, nor Rick Santorum.. Nor will I vote for Newt Gingrich. What did Gingrich accomplish as Speaker of the House?

I would vote for Ron Paul or Jon Huntsman if nominated. Otherwise, if Republicans keep nominating fake conservatives and war-mongers that pay lip service to small government, I will keep writing in Ron Paul as I did in the last two presidential elections.

Some may say writing in Ron Paul will only serve to reelect President Obama. I say so what?

In spite of all the talk (and a few differences on social issues), there is no practical difference on major economic matters, foreign policy, war-mongering, or big government between the Republican candidates (except Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman), and President Obama.

Good piece except for the fact that Huntsman is a warmonger, and also supports the indefinite detention of American citizens, and also supports bailouts.

belian78
01-11-2012, 03:08 PM
If I could go back in time and make one change, it would be to stop the Rothschild line at it's conception.

aGameOfThrones
01-11-2012, 03:11 PM
If I could go back in time and make one change, it would be to stop the Rothschild line at it's conception.

You're going to have to make a list a little bit longer.

belian78
01-11-2012, 03:13 PM
You're going to have to make a list a little bit longer.
Well, the thread title did say 'one change'. I was merely going for one change with the most effect. LOL