PDA

View Full Version : Huntsman ad style false flag currently happening via twitter

Joe3113
01-11-2012, 10:46 AM
For those who haven't yet noticed, there appears to be a Psy-Op going on against Ron Paul right now. Someone (presumably from another campaign or elsewhere) is hacking into celebrities twitter accounts and tweeting out endorsements of Ron Paul. These tweets are soon deleted but have already been re-tweeted etc. They're trying to make it appear as if a tech-savvy Ron Paul supporter is doing it. This is most likely a false-flag attack similar to that of the Huntsman ad. Expect more.

The purpose, of course, is to make us look bad. A series of irritated celebrities will be coming out saying they were hacked. Their millions of followers, who are mostly young people (our target demographic), won't be happy. Clearly a psy-op to cause alienation and pin the annoyance on us imho.

EDIT: So far there are 3 confirmed hacks w/ deletions:

- Nicole Scherzinger of the PussyCat Dolls
Ref: http://www.gossipcop.com/nicole-scherzinger-ron-paul-endorsement-support-twitter-president-2012-republican/

- The Band "No Doubt" (Gwen Stefani)
Ref: http://reason.com/blog/2012/01/11/celebrities-for-ron-paul-juliette-lewis

- The Band "Rise Against"
Ref: https://twitter.com/#!/riseagainst/status/157146627293974528

Example of backlash here:

- h ttp://www.theblaze.com/stories/x-factor-judge-tweets-endorsement-of-ron-paul-then-deletes-it/
- h ttp://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughPaulSpam/comments/oc547/paultards_hack_no_doubts_twitter/
- h ttp://www.generation-lost.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1639&p=38378

There are others that have tweeted support but deleting the hack tweets won't take place until they log in and realise, of course.

EDIT2: Maybe that tweet that went out against Huntsman, from the RonPaul account, was us being hacked. Remember that one?

EDIT3: IMO someone needs to contact the campaign to make a pre-emptive statement on this, before the media goes crazy with it. I'd do it but can't. I'm here in Australia.

davidhperry
01-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Can you give us an example of what's going on?

Muwahid
01-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Anyone committed to break the law and hack twitter, has a strong agenda, and is knowledgeable enough to know this will hurt Dr. Paul. Only way someone would do this and be a Paul supporter at the same time is if Ron is being blacked out and losing big time, hacking to protest, but this isn't the case, he's winning, doing fine, media attention is fine albeit bias. This does seem suspicious.

But remember, the internet is full of trolls, what about lulzsec, or anonymous just messing around? Wouldn't be surprised. I don't think it's other campaigns because that could literally land someone in prison, imagine what kind of gaffe that would be for a campaign.

JuicyG
01-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Interesting. If it`s really true we should warn media channels about it to prevent this.

parocks
01-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Can you give us an example of what's going on?

No Doubt?
Rise Against?
Nicole S of Pussycat Dolls?

See other threads on this.

mosquitobite
01-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Interesting. If it`s really true we should warn media channels about it to prevent this.

Why is it only Dr Paul gets judged by his bad supporters? Do you know how many crazy Santorum supporters I could find if I wanted to dig?!?

sailingaway
01-11-2012, 10:51 AM
For those who haven't yet noticed, there appears to be a Psy-Op going on against Ron Paul right now. Someone (presumably in another campaign or an intelligence agency) is hacking into celebrities twitter accounts and tweeting out endorsements of Ron Paul. These tweets are soon deleted but have already been re-tweeted etc. They're trying to make it appear as if a tech-savvy Ron Paul supporter is doing it. This is most likely a false-flag attack similar to that of the Huntsman ad. Expect more.

The purpose, of course, is to make us look bad. A series of irritated celebrities will be coming out saying they were hacked. Their millions of followers, who are mostly young people (our target demographic), won't be happy. Clearly a psy-op to cause alienation and pin the annoyance on us.

that is so slimy after that fake 'manchurian candidate' video. I'm willing to believe it is Huntsman, but the one really slimy person I know to be in the race is Gingrich, who is in a pickle if he goes after Ron publicly, since he would have to admit he isn't punching down in SC. Part of me wonders if Gingrich who spent a TON on internet services, isn't in this, somehow.

The Goat
01-11-2012, 10:52 AM
This is going to be obvious attack by someone else. no one could believe that they are be doing a good service by hacking and spreading lies.

specsaregood
01-11-2012, 10:53 AM
that is so slimy after that fake 'manchurian candidate' video. I'm willing to believe it is Huntsman, but the one really slimy person I know to be in the race is Gingrich, who is in a pickle if he goes after Ron publicly, since he would have to admit he isn't punching down in SC. Part of me wonders if Gingrich who spent a TON on internet services, isn't in this, somehow.

Now, now. Let's remember that the twitter founder/CEO is good friends with Obama and has been to the WH on a few occassions.

Of course if you accept that hunstman is really a DNC troll candidate, it makes sense all around.

randomname
01-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Would it make sense if the campaign does some damage control, contacts whoever manages the twitter feeds for these artists & explains situation?

Joe3113
01-11-2012, 10:54 AM
So far I know of Nicole Scherzinger and the band No Doubt. Articles like this are coming out ...

http://www.gossipcop.com/nicole-scherzinger-ron-paul-endorsement-support-twitter-president-2012-republican/

These celebrities will be calling press conferences saying they didn't tweet this. I predict this will, of course, be widely reported. Like the Huntsman ad.

hillertexas
01-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Now, now. Let's remember that the twitter founder/CEO is good friends with Obama and has been to the WH on a few occassions.

Of course if you accept that hunstman is really a DNC troll candidate, it makes sense all around.

That's exactly right. Let's not forget that Obama is already engaged in this game.

PastaRocket848
01-11-2012, 10:55 AM
is there any evidence to support any of this? what would lead you to believe it's an "intelligence agency" behind this? is there a basis for that, or are we just coming up with something here?

davidhperry
01-11-2012, 10:56 AM
No Doubt?
Rise Against?
Nicole S of Pussycat Dolls?

See other threads on this.

Thanks. I made the connection about 10 seconds after I posted this. :)

Exponent
01-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Don't forget that a large number of individuals who are not candidates also have a very heavy stake in the outcome of the election. I wouldn't be surprised that if this, the Manchurian candidate video, excessive robocalling, et cetera are in indeed attacks aimed at Paul, that it isn't (always) a particular candidate's campaign that is behind them.

Muwahid
01-11-2012, 10:57 AM
is there any evidence to support any of this? what would lead you to believe it's an "intelligence agency" behind this? is there a basis for that, or are we just coming up with something here?

No evidence, but it is quite evident they have been hacked. Question is, who and why. But what's for sure is simple -- the media will have a field day with this if they can. I stay away from the conspiracies of intelligence agencies messing with twitter, or twitter themselves sabotaging the credibility and safety of their own company. But there's plenty of young hackers out there who love to make headlines, might be another opportunity for em.

swissaustrian
01-11-2012, 10:59 AM
"We definitely need SOPA to stop this" random presstitute, sometimes in the near future

PastaRocket848
01-11-2012, 10:59 AM
so, no one has even come out and said they didn't tweet it yet, and somehow we presume they didn't do it, it's an "intelligence agency" hacking their twitter and posting under their names? they haven't even stated they didn't make the tweet yet! there is absolutely no basis i can find whatsoever for this speculation, beyond someone finding it unlikely that several celebrities would endorse our campaign. not exactly a smoking gun.

EaSy
01-11-2012, 11:00 AM
It clearly says something about twitter's password security.

mosquitobite
01-11-2012, 11:00 AM
What we need is for the campaign to contact these bands, tell them they are not a part of it, but if they'd like to meet Ron to see if they might want to get on board...it helped Kelly Clarkson... ;)

Muwahid
01-11-2012, 11:01 AM
so, no one has even come out and said they didn't tweet it yet, and somehow we presume they didn't do it, it's an "intelligence agency" hacking their twitter and posting under their names? they haven't even stated they didn't make the tweet yet! there is absolutely no basis i can find whatsoever for this speculation, beyond someone finding it unlikely that several celebrities would endorse our campaign. not exactly a smoking gun.

Multiple celebs, very similar or the same tweets, which were all later deleted! What else could it be?

Joe3113
01-11-2012, 11:07 AM

Surely you people aren't still in denial about how far the establishment will go to protect their oligarchy?

slamhead
01-11-2012, 11:08 AM
I say this in jest not conspiracy but is probably their publishers trying to get some media attention and sell more albums.

unknown
01-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Would it make sense if the campaign does some damage control, contacts whoever manages the twitter feeds for these artists & explains situation?

We dont want to get into a situation where we are being drawn in to apologize for every act by some anonymous clown.

Is it illegal? The campaign may want to make some kind of statement encouraging prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. May serve as a deterrent.

matt0611
01-11-2012, 11:09 AM
How do you "hack" people's twitter? I never understood that...

Ugh, I'm sure the media will go crazy with this though. God damn it, can we catch a break for once? :(

Joe3113
01-11-2012, 11:10 AM
I say this in jest not conspiracy but is probably their publishers trying to get some media attention and sell more albums.

I'd be willing to believe this were it not for the fact that it has happened to multiple celebs.

matt0611
01-11-2012, 11:12 AM
I'd be willing to believe this were it not for the fact that it has happened to multiple celebs.

Rise Against just tweeted that they were hack and that they do not support Ron Paul.

Joe3113
01-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Rise Against just tweeted that they were hack and that they do not support Ron Paul.

I've added that to the OP.

The campaign needs to come out NOW and make an announcement, before this gets to the media.

Joe3113
01-11-2012, 11:20 AM
I gotta go to bed. 4am here in Australia. Hopefully this doesn't get out of control.

Joe3113
01-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Example of backlash here: http://www.generation-lost.com/forum...t=1639&p=38378

pauladin
01-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Man these false flag attacks against us suck because damage mitigation is very difficult.

PastaRocket848
01-11-2012, 11:25 AM
ok. now it's confirmed it's a hack. the campaign has to release a statement and we need to find out who is behind it. if it turns out to be another campaign or the RNC, it could be spun into a positive.

roderik
01-11-2012, 11:26 AM
I don't see any evidence of this.
Maybe the No Doubt account got hacked, but Scherzinger even put her endorsement out on her Facebook page.
Sooo, any evidence?

mport1
01-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Maybe the No Doubt account got hacked, but Scherzinger even put her endorsement out on her Facebook page.
Sooo, any evidence?

We were hacked. As you would all assume, We DO NOT support Ron Paul.
https://twitter.com/#!/riseagainst/status/157146627293974528

archangel689
01-11-2012, 11:35 AM

Ugh, I'm sure the media will go crazy with this though. God damn it, can we catch a break for once? :(

Dictionary attack looking for celbs with weak passwords, obviously. I'd be really nice if we could get the logs and figure out who is doing it

mport1
01-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Can somebody please contact the campaign about this so Ron Paul isn't caught off guard by the MSM when they go after him on this?

He seems is never aware of these dumb little things (as he shouldn't need to be). However, it makes him look a bit weak when asked about it and he doesn't have a strong prepared response.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Jon Huntsman + Chinese Hackers. Just sayin'

Paulistinian
01-11-2012, 11:46 AM
It's probably 4chan.

PastaRocket848
01-11-2012, 11:47 AM
you can buy twitter password off of 0-day sites. it's not rocket science, and doesn't require any special knowledge. it's basically either you just pay for it or use brute force. it could be anyone, some guy in his basement thinking he's helping us, or something more organized. either way, it's bad.

steph3n
01-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Orenbus noted last night in a looong thread, Interscope records is the record label of these groups, and possibly something fishy there!

vechorik
01-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Blaze hinting at this already
‘X Factor’ Judge Tweets Endorsement of Ron Paul — Then Deletes It

h ttp://www.theblaze.com/stories/x-factor-judge-tweets-endorsement-of-ron-paul-then-deletes-it/

steph3n
01-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Sooo, any evidence?

Same password to both, too many people do it...

vechorik
01-11-2012, 11:55 AM
OP is right -- Blaze article already appeared

Lafayette
01-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Same record label perhaps? Looking for boost in sales me thinks!

steph3n
01-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Same record label perhaps? Looking for boost in sales me thinks!

Yes all interscope, possibly rogue media PR intern type with access to their twitters as well.

slamhead
01-11-2012, 11:58 AM
All these artist are under the same record label INTERSCOPE. Does Interscope handle all three twitter accounts and do the publicity? Most these artist don't do their own twitter I would assume.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-11-2012, 12:02 PM
there appears to be a Psy-Op going on against Ron Paul right now. Someone (presumably in....an intelligence agency) is hacking into celebrities twitter accounts and tweeting out endorsements of Ron Paul.

:rolleyes:

steph3n
01-11-2012, 12:03 PM
:rolleyes:

someone, that is not a RP supporter, and even dumb enough to link to the wrong page to donate.

S.Shorland
01-11-2012, 12:05 PM
The campaign should not make any comment at all.OTHERWISE there is no end to it.The Ron paul campaign is not responsible for millions of occurences every day.Let the press make themselves look ridiculous and partisan.That helps us (as well as being the truth).

teacherone
01-11-2012, 12:07 PM
hmmmm---

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/01/juliette-lewis-rooting-for-ron-paul-110481.html

http://images.politico.com/global/2012/01/120111_lewis_paul_ap_328.jpg(Photo Credit: AP)Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul’s celebrity fan club — which already includesVince Vaughn (http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/01/juliette-lewis-rooting-for-ron-paul-110481.html) and Kelly Clarkson (http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/01/ron-paul-touts-kelly-clarkson-endorsement-109439.html) — has a new member: actress Juliette Lewis.Lewis, best known for her roles in “Cape Fear” and “Natural Born Killers,” tweeted (https://twitter.com/#!/JulietteLewis/status/156939815995187200) on Tuesday, “Let me be clear I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN or a Democrat even.But I like #RonPaul (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23RonPaul)#PresidentPaul (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23PresidentPaul). He is anti DefenseAct and 4ConstitutionRights.”The actress also praised Paul on her Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/OfficialJulietteLewis#!/OfficialJulietteLewis/posts/10150506536481552) earlier this month, writing, " ...[I] believe in preserving the constitution and basic human rights which are slowly being dismantled with last couple presidents and then some... Ron Paul is the only one I've seen, for the ending war, less government and preserving OUR rights. I like that. ALOT.”

jkob
01-11-2012, 12:08 PM
The campaign should not make any comment at all.OTHERWISE there is no end to it.The Ron paul campaign is not responsible for millions of occurences every day.Let the press make themselves look ridiculous and partisan.That helps us (as well as being the truth).

This. Unless it becomes a story there is no reason to give anymore attention to this than there already is.

RDM
01-11-2012, 12:09 PM

Didn't someone trace back the "newsletters" back to a Gingrich connection?

V3n
01-11-2012, 12:10 PM
I would not count Juliette Lewis as one of those being hacked. She came out in favor of Ron Paul at least a month ago.

Joe3113
01-11-2012, 12:10 PM
I would not count Juliette Lewis as one of those being hacked. She came out in favor of Ron Paul at least a month ago.

Yeah, this is not a hack.

Immortal Technique
01-11-2012, 12:14 PM

using BruteForce, google it any child with an ip connection can do it, its amazing the lack of security social media accounts have, scary to be honest.If twitter wanted they can track who does it unless they are behind a very protect wall of proxies and or on a foreign server.

parocks
01-11-2012, 12:15 PM

We've had a ton of real musicians supporting us. It's not realistic to just assume support is the result of hacking. Not saying it is or isn't hacking, just that we do have a lot of rock stars supporting us.

slamhead
01-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Same password to both, too many people do it...

Yes all interscope, possibly rogue media PR intern type with access to their twitters as well.

And if it was a hack job it is possible the same publicist at Interscope has access to the twitter and facebook accounts of these artist.

vechorik
01-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Did this post at the Blaze come from here? Not cool.

"Her account was hacked along with several other celeb types with the same message. Keep up the good work Blaze… I’m sure you can figure out a way to blame this on Paul too."