PDA

View Full Version : Did Dr. Paul, while practicing as a physician, counsel women out of abortions? Ad idea

brendan.orourke
01-11-2012, 09:53 AM
I had the idea of an ad yesterday. It initially started as just finding someone who was delivered by Dr. Paul and who is now an adult to stump for Dr. Paul...I think that would be cool enough.

But what if we could find somebody who was considering an abortion, Dr. Paul was able to convince them to carry the baby to term whom he then delivered, and we could get in contact with the parents and the child. Wouldn't that blow some evangelicals and the 50+ crowd away?

That could be incredibly powerful. Even if the child was put up for adoption, they have a life and are able to speak about it!

There's 4,000 of them out there, we've got to be able to find one!

Sola_Fide
01-11-2012, 10:15 AM
I fully support this idea! It would be awesome in SC and going forward.

Tyler_Durden
01-11-2012, 10:17 AM
I fully support this idea! It would be awesome in SC and going forward.

The grassroots or campaign need to go to Lake Jackson for testimonials. I was there for New Years, literally staying a mile away from Dr. Paul's house. I ran into alot of people who know him, know of him, were former patients, knew people he delivered, etc.

tangowhiskeykilo
01-11-2012, 11:10 AM
I love this idea. Big bump.

brendan.orourke
01-11-2012, 11:17 AM
"Ron Paul delivered my life, now he wants to deliver your liberty"

mosquitobite
01-11-2012, 11:19 AM
"Ron Paul delivered my life, now he wants to deliver your liberty"

It would be better to have older women who now have teenagers and above who say "Ron Paul counseled me out of having an abortion - and I now have my son, X (or daughter) and my life is 100X better because of his wise words.

mbburch
01-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Wow, brilliant idea. Would be a great ad for South Carolina in particular!

luctor-et-emergo
01-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Targeted marketing,
The campaign needs to get out more women voting (for Dr. Paul). (as could be seen from polling)

So I think this could be a brilliant move, especially the child thanking Dr. Paul for his or her life, that's a very powerful message in my opinion.

(edit whoops, there are also ladies on this world.

nobody's_hero
01-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ron Paul polled more favorable with women than men in New Hampshire (CNN exit polling data). So much for the "gender gap". I really agree with what others have said here that the "compassion" ad likely played a significant role in that.

I think socially conservative women do not support abortion, HOWEVER, they want a candidate who takes the matter seriously enough to avoid looking at it as a typical political issue but rather a more personal one. In other words, show sincere compassion rather than making an effort to buy votes with no intention of following up on the issue.

We should really elaborate on Ron Paul's career as an obstetrician, and boom, we get support.

Sola_Fide
01-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Bump.

We can REALLY cut in to Santorum's and Gingrich's support and totally flank Mitt Romney if we did an ad like this.

I hope the campaign is reading this thread.

tangowhiskeykilo
01-11-2012, 11:48 AM
I think this would really help with the 45up crowd.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-11-2012, 11:50 AM
NH had the Compassion for all ad

SC can get an Appreciation for Life ad

brendan.orourke
01-11-2012, 02:38 PM
We need these votes, or else Santorum is going to do very well in the South.

evilfunnystuff
01-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Sounds like a job for Rev Pac if they are up to it.

JohnM
01-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ron Paul polled more favorable with women than men in New Hampshire (CNN exit polling data). So much for the "gender gap".

According to exit polls from CNN, Fox, and MSNBC, Dr. Paul got 25% of the male vote and 20% of the female vote.

nobody's_hero
01-11-2012, 04:35 PM
According to exit polls from CNN, Fox, and MSNBC, Dr. Paul got 25% of the male vote and 20% of the female vote.

oh, I might have misread that, then. Nonetheless, the gap closed from that seen in Iowa, or am I wrong on that too? I was so excited/smashed last night I don't really recall the details.

Agorism
01-11-2012, 04:36 PM
really bad idea...
really bad idea...
really bad idea...
really bad idea...
really bad idea...

Sola_Fide
01-11-2012, 04:38 PM
really bad idea...
really bad idea...
really bad idea...
really bad idea...
really bad idea...

LoL....Why?

brendan.orourke
01-11-2012, 10:01 PM
really bad idea...
really bad idea...
really bad idea...
really bad idea...
really bad idea...porque?

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-11-2012, 10:10 PM
We need these votes, or else Santorum is going to do very well in the South.

This ^ With Santorum secured out of the way, we can at least keep 3rd and top tier status secure.

mosquitobite
01-11-2012, 10:13 PM
really bad idea...
really bad idea...
really bad idea...
really bad idea...
really bad idea...

I get why, because it might deter some of his more liberal voters, but why would someone talking about their son or daughter being the biggest blessing in their life a BAD thing?

Santorum is beating Dr Paul in S Carolina, fyi

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-11-2012, 10:37 PM
I get why, because it might deter some of his more liberal voters, but why would someone talking about their son or daughter being the biggest blessing in their life a BAD thing?

It has to be made from the angle that he encourages an appreciation for life. I would use those words exactly. If he is called Pro Life in the video, it not only will turn off social liberals that could be used against us in other states, but be somewhat of a misrepresentation as well because he is for states rights. Getting social liberals in SC isn't our problem though. It's getting the religious conservatives which is why I support addressing this in a way that is neutral enough to be effective at tugging at the heart of every voter.

That's why if this appeals to both, it can be very beneficial. Who can have a problem with someone appreciating life?

01-11-2012, 10:39 PM

The campaign can target the ads, and besides, we would likely gain more among social conservatives than we would lose among liberals and pro-choice libertarians. Don't forget that we ran pro-life ads/fliers/mailers in Iowa and still got a lot of the left/moderates.

Agorism
01-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Worst idea ever.

HigherVision
01-11-2012, 10:41 PM
I think it would be a decent idea to run a pro-life ad in these socially conservative places, pointing out the competitors' inconsistencies with the issue. It's already known that he's against abortion, so if liberals don't like that they probably don't like him already if that's their main issue.

Legend1104
01-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Worst idea ever.

Wrong, that title goes to the segway.