PDA

View Full Version : Raw Vote Analysis: After first two contests who is where?

UtahApocalypse
01-11-2012, 09:38 AM
After performing an initial analysis of actual votes it has become clear this is a two person race. With the first caucus and primary now behind us over 300k votes have been cast for the GOP nomination. Looking at these real votes a few things are now certain. First off the obvious; Mitt Romney is running in first place with just over 35% of the total votes and first place finishes in both elections.

Beyond first place though the numbers get much more interesting. Looking at the real votes total everything is not as the media would make it to be. Based on the actual votes Romney is followed by Paul, Santorum, Huntsman, Gingrich and lastly Perry. The biggest surprise here is that Ron Paul is in second place with 23% of total votes and a full 8% ahead of Rick Santorum in third. In interesting point though is only Romney and Paul have come in the top three in both races so far.

Another factor to look at is that New Hampshire where Ron Paul took second place accounts for 67% of the total votes. Rick Santorum's second place finish in Iowa was only 33% of the vote total. Not that the votes of someone in one state or the other are more valuable but a second place in New Hampshire took much more votes than than in Iowa.

Currently the GOP nomination race is that of Romney, and the Anti-Romney. Based on the analysis of the first two races it appears that Ron Paul, and not one of the other media darlings is consistently able to compete against Romney. Also looking at the numbers it looks like Gingrich, Huntsman, and Perry need to drop out at this time and support Ron Paul as they are splitting the Anti-Romney vote and have not finished in the top three in either race.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/Utah4RonPaul/Ron%20Paul%20-%202012/VotePercentPie2.png

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/Utah4RonPaul/Ron%20Paul%20-%202012/VoteTotal2.jpg

(I am thinking of making this into a yahoo article so any advice would be appreciated)

Slobodan
01-11-2012, 09:40 AM
where on Yahoo?

UtahApocalypse
01-11-2012, 09:59 AM
where on Yahoo?

as a Yahoo contributer. I have submitted an article so if it gets picked up I will link it here.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Vermin Supreme got more votes in New Hampshire than Jon Hunstman got in Iowa. lol.

IDefendThePlatform
01-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Looks great I'd suggest putting names on the pie chart. Looking forward to sharing this.

UtahApocalypse
01-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Looks great I'd suggest putting names on the pie chart. Looking forward to sharing this.

It was done with google so not any quick way to do that.

here is a tweet that carries the same message very condensed:

https://twitter.com/#!/UtahApoc/status/157131530777542656

Tyler_Durden
01-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Perry/Huntsman need to GTFO the way.

ILUVRP
01-11-2012, 10:28 AM
i still think that the person that thinks the closest to ron paul is huntsman , of all the people running i love ron paul , next in order is-- huntsman, then i hate the rest.

if you add paul/huntsman votes , they out number romney in nh .

i would love to see huntsman drop out , ron paul would get more than 95% of his votes .

limequat
01-11-2012, 10:32 AM
i still think that the person that thinks the closest to ron paul is huntsman , of all the people running i love ron paul , next in order is-- huntsman, then i hate the rest.

if you add paul/huntsman votes , they out number romney in nh .

i would love to see huntsman drop out , ron paul would get more than 95% of his votes .

Not true. A lot of his supporters are flat-out democrats. In SC, they go to Newt. These are the people that don't care about left/right so much as maintaining the status quo.

RockEnds
01-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Vermin Supreme got more votes in New Hampshire than Jon Hunstman got in Iowa. lol.

Vermin Supreme is a better candidate than Jon Huntsman. Huntsman directly attacked Iowa voters. Not a winning strategy with or without a boot on one's head.

UtahApocalypse
01-11-2012, 04:25 PM
bump