PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from overseas

luctor-et-emergo
01-11-2012, 03:30 AM
Good day to all you liberty supporters,

I'm an individual from the Netherlands, that tiny 'liberal' country next to Germany. (Dutch citizen, non-US)
I have been a keen follower of Dr. Paul since 07' but I've never done more then reading books/following news/youtube.

I just had to join this forum, to join the discussion a little.

I'd like to keep this short, so maybe if you have question for me you could ask it here.

PS: Congrats with the victory!

ronpaulitician
01-11-2012, 03:35 AM
Dank je wel! Als ze straks marijuana illegaal maken daar, kun je altijd hier heen komen ;)

luctor-et-emergo
01-11-2012, 11:20 AM
To set things straight;
[They already did about 40 years ago, they only 'legalized' taxing 'authorized dealers' at 52%.]

But if Paul gets president, I'd have to move anyways. I'm pretty sure I'd regret it later if I didn't emigrate, and besides I already have family in the US.

I hope I can be of any benefit to the cause of liberty, I believe very much in this cause. Dr. Paul's literature helped me figure out some of the moral/humanitarian issues with free markets and I'm very thankful for that. Also I was born in a country where abortion is legal (and has been for a long time) up to 24 weeks, it took some time for me to see how this is morally incorrect. But the thing that caught my greatest respect was the notion that freedom brings people together. Over the past years I have become an advocate for liberty among my friends, my family and others I meet and talk to. I have to conclude, that even though most Europeans are totally comfortable with the government running their lives. When you explain the true meaning of liberty and educate them on the ineffectiveness of government intervention. They almost always change their minds! (except women on the abortion issue)

PursuePeace
01-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Welcome! :) Glad you're here.