PDA

View Full Version : From Los Angeles, California

alucard13mmfmj
01-11-2012, 02:32 AM
Hello hello. First time posting on Ron Paul Forums. I have taken a liking to Ron Paul after I heard him on Alex Jones (randomly while youtubing) a few months ago. I am Chinese-American and I am an independent. After reading up on other candidates and being dissapointed leadership of Obama, I will vote for Ron Paul in California. Ron Pauls going to take my voting virginity @_@, I hope it won't be too rough. I might even join the republican or libertarian party in the future or stay indepedent.

It is quite strange. Most of my family and fellow Chinese-Americans are mainly independents (who usually vote democrats) or democrats. There are hardly any Asian/Chinese-Americans who are republicans and even less libertarians in California. I suppose you can say that many Asian-Americans fall under the army of minorities that make up a large part of the democrats. A lot of them see republicans are racist, bible thumper, and for corporations and that democrats helps poor people and look out for the little guys.

I listen to chinese radio when in traffic. They do talk about the GOP primaries.. but they largely ignore Ron Paul. They do the usual pumping of Romney. So there is a huge struggle against not only english based main stream media... but chinese, spanish and etc as well. I think it will be bad if we don't have support in these minority communities to represent Ron Paul.

At any rate, I am "Ron Paul or No One" for 2012. Any Chinese-Americans, especially in California, for Ron Paul? We should work together to get Ron Paul's message out to the communities!

angrydragon
01-11-2012, 02:40 AM
I'm part Chinese and voting for Ron in CA. Remember you need to register as a Republican to vote in the gop primary.

ryanmkeisling
01-11-2012, 02:43 AM
Welcome to the forums! :)