PDA

View Full Version : PERRY IS NEXT (SC)?

Unknown.User
01-11-2012, 12:22 AM

bluesc
01-11-2012, 12:24 AM
After the embarrasing finishes in IA and NH, I doubt it. He was relying on his "grassroots level activities" (backed by Texas lobbyists campaigning for him and millions in ads) in IA and he was dominated by Ron and Santorum.

FA.Hayek
01-11-2012, 12:24 AM
i know the redstate people are dying for perry to do well there and get a bounceback surge to become the anti-romney.. it's going to be interesting to see how it all unfolds

coffeewithgames
01-11-2012, 12:26 AM
The best thing about this...MAYBE...is that he will be attacking Mitt.

Karsten
01-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Hunstman and Santorum were bottom-tier candidates who were pushed by the media at the last moment. Perry was a former frontrunner who got embarassed by Ron Paul in a debate and now he is a joke. The media will push Santorum and Gingrich in SC, for sure. Perry has already been exposed as a joke and he's not a threat to us.

Blue
01-11-2012, 12:27 AM
I don't see it happening after his dismal finishes in Iowa and New Hampshire. Also his debate performances make him look like a recent graduate of the third grade.

IterTemporis
01-11-2012, 12:28 AM
He's polling at 5%.. 5th. Didn't we eventually see the effect that RP's grassroots had in Iowa in the polls?

Do not forget that he wants to put troops in Iraq.

RPsupporterAtHeart
01-11-2012, 12:28 AM
The only downsides to Perry that people might get turned off on is how he speaks, thinks and how much he knows about anything.

Duckman
01-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Perry is only in the race because he still has money to spend. But he looks like a clown the longer he stays in with such dismal results.

Unknown.User
01-11-2012, 12:53 AM

seapilot
01-11-2012, 12:59 AM
I think Perry could win SC. All he has to do is promise people free drinks if he wins after the polls close.

rockandrollsouls
01-11-2012, 01:00 AM
he's got the money and he's been hoarding it. may have been his strategy all along. 15 mil is nothing to sneeze at. We have, maybe, 4 mil on hand...

Unknown.User
01-11-2012, 01:06 AM

mport1
01-11-2012, 01:11 AM
I'm not sure iif they decided who they will surge yet. They may try for newt and the ricks and just see what sticks best.

Feeding the Abscess
01-11-2012, 01:18 AM
The best thing about this...MAYBE...is that he will be attacking Mitt.

He already is, and he's attacking capitalism while he does it. Effectively, he's painting the anti-Mitt as something that conservatives equate with Obama.

vf2012
01-11-2012, 01:25 AM
Perry's drop in the polls in SC has been dramatic since a high of 36 percent in August. (now at 5 percent)
However, with all these media inflated surges it seems that anything is possible (though Perry may be a tough sell if the reason he went from 35 percent to 5 percent in four to five months are his various snafoos.) Perry may be unvetted, but if most SC voters think he is an idiot, it may not matter.
Also note, how Frothy's finish in Iowa suddenly surged him in the SC polls. Does Ron Paul's second place finish in NH do the same for him in SC? I think it will boost Ron Paul at least a few percent from increased interest.

HOLLYWOOD
01-11-2012, 01:25 AM
Turn on FOX News...BOOM 3rd establishment wall.

Rick Perry probably received about an hours worth of coverage out of the past 24. The Texas executioner only received 0.7% of the vote in the New Hampshire Primary.

Perry says it's a little low on results. :rolleyes:

Perry didn't mention anything about how he was forced to leave Texas and head to South Carolina to campaign, after a horrible Iowa Caucus. His handlers ensure he becomes a distraction and a dilution to the Liberty campaign. "Don't let Paul campaign gain more traction... he's some money for you SuperPACs"

SCGOP chairman Chad Connelly's job is to do the exact same thing.

Student Of Paulism
01-11-2012, 01:26 AM
Perry will be the new blocker for Paul down in SC :rolleyes: It is predictable as all hell with what he have seen lately, so expect the msm to pump this tool to high heaven until SC hits. I am sure he is being told and forced to stay in so none of his support will go to Ron. It is just laughable what their obvious tactics always are. Ron has some decent time to make a case down in SC, but it's gonna be tough. It's pretty much Romney country down there, and too many GOP insiders in the SC State Party support him, so its gonna be an uphill battle :-/ I say, shoot for third place, its really the only sensible outcome right now.

happyphilter
01-11-2012, 01:28 AM
I'm actually more concerned about Santorum in SC than Perry.

tsetsefly
01-11-2012, 01:39 AM
I will say this expect anything from the media, but you would think they would want to pump up Santorum after his Iowa finish...

It will be tough and the campaign needs money!

vf2012
01-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Well Perry has gone from 36 percent in the polls to 5 percent. They can bring a shipwreck like Santorum to the surface but can they stop a sinking ship?

TheNewYorker
01-11-2012, 01:44 AM
Perry doesn't come across to me as evil, just dumb. He needs to drop out now and endorse his fellow Texan.

Unknown.User
01-11-2012, 01:49 AM

affa
01-11-2012, 02:16 AM
I don't think even the media can pull off a Perry rebound.

Not after the drunken speech, the 'oops', and then wanting us to send more troops to Iraq... and an embarrassing finish in both Iowa and New Hampshire doesn't help either.

Gingrich might have had legs if he didn't blow himself up over the past two weeks.

Santorum is truly unelectable, but may be the only real alternative to Paul and Romney at this point... which is downright hilarious, since he's the worst of the bunch.

The media tried to deflate Ron Paul. They failed.

We're winning this.

Dsylexic
01-11-2012, 02:17 AM
we should attack frothy. romney will take care of gingrich. if we pull santorum down and even end up close 4th(very close by a 1% or so),we will have done well. perry will try to hit romney and grinch and santorum all together.and best of luck of him.he is doing our job

Unknown.User
01-11-2012, 02:20 AM

KingRobbStark
01-11-2012, 02:23 AM
The establishment is running out of people to prop up. If things keep going at this rate, then they will have no choice, but to bring Cain back. lol

JJ2
01-11-2012, 02:29 AM
Perry doesn't come across to me as evil, just dumb. He needs to drop out now and endorse his fellow Texan.

This. If anybody would, it would be Perry.

He agrees with Paul on domestic policy, and is even trying to sound like him in debates. (Of course, he's going to the other extreme on foreign policy.)

tsetsefly
01-11-2012, 02:30 AM

If he doesn't do good in SC, I think he will drop out and for some strange reason I think there is a good shot he might endorse RP. But that would most likely isolate him from the establishment so who knows if he would do it...

JJ2
01-11-2012, 02:33 AM
If he doesn't do good in SC, I think he will drop out and for some strange reason I think there is a good shot he might endorse RP. But that would most likely isolate him from the establishment so who knows if he would do it...

The establishment has always hated Perry. Especially Karl Rove. This is his chance to get back at them!

Cap
01-11-2012, 05:30 AM
I'm actually more concerned about Santorum in SC than Perry.I agree, they are going to try and push Frothy down their viewer's throats.

KingNothing
01-11-2012, 06:36 AM
Perry's last stand is South Carolina, so he'll get some media help here.

Likewise, Santorum and Newton will get help in Florida.

....after that, we're in this against Mittens. Leading up to Super Tuesday, I can't see a way that more than three candidates will be on stage in the debates.

01-11-2012, 07:25 AM
Won't even crack double digits. Stick a fork in him.

Unknown.User
01-11-2012, 01:44 PM