PDA

View Full Version : CNN Focus Group (More People Raised Hand for Ron Paul than Mitt Romney)

orenbus
01-11-2012, 12:16 AM
For anyone looking to make a video this could be good material of the media bias. It was so obvious tonight after watching the CNN focus group for the second time that when the guy leading the focus group said who here is for Ron Paul after watching tonight? Seven/Eight people raised their hand, then later when he asked how many for Romney, Six people raised their hand but the guy organizing the focus group didn't want to vocalize that there were only 6 that raised their hand for Romney. Instead he said there are quite of few of you for Romney, cause if he said a number it would have been a number lower than Ron Paul had which he had the highest number than all the other candidates mentioned. This is clearly seen in the video coverage as the camera pans across the room clearly covering everyone in the room.

edit: video update

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6h5_cZ5OSU

Uriah
01-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Missed it. Tube?

mport1
01-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Yep, as I mentioned in another thread the CNN guy was trying to count the votes that switched to Romney because he seemed to think they would be more than those that put up their hand for Paul. He tried to count twice asking people to put their hands back up but then gave up on the effort once he realized that it looked like more people actually said they switched to Paul. It was painfully obvious he was trying to make it look good for Romney and not highlight Paul.

Varin
01-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Saw it, was hilarious:D

mstrmac1
01-11-2012, 12:22 AM
I saw that too! We can totally win this thing! Surging!!!! And the best part... the only African American in the room is voting for Ron Paul!

jlaker
01-11-2012, 12:24 AM
LOL. Would of loved to see that! Ron Paul 2012...... All you have to do is hear him speak and let him explain his positions and your hooked. You walk away scratching you head saying "I never thought about it that way. I need to find out more about this thing called liberty."

S.Shorland
01-11-2012, 12:24 AM
Give it to Jon Stewart

mport1
01-11-2012, 12:25 AM
Give it to Jon Stewart

Yes. Somebody please post this clip here when you get it and we should all send it to the Daily Show. That would be perfect for a whole segment.

PauliticsPolitics
01-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Yea, and if i remember, he asked about huntsman twice for some reason.
We should try to track down that clip and actually count the hands, just for fun.

Echoes
01-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Yes, that was great, it kinda suprised me. One guy responded "either Ron or Newt " and continued "Ron defends freedom and the Constitution"

Ekrub
01-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Saw it as well, also they were commenting on CNN that Ron won't tell his voters where to go if he doesn't get the nomination, and the gal on there (can't remember her name) was saying that they might go to Obama like the kid they talked to earlier.

PauliticsPolitics
01-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Here's the video:
After careful review, I counted 7 for Romney.
Apparently he had no problem counting 7 for Paul, but when 7 people raise their hand for Romney, it is just too many to count...
And yes, he asked Huntsman twice. Funny enough, Huntsman went down from "maybe 3" to "maybe 2".
Facepalm

Lafayette
01-11-2012, 01:23 AM

Are we really breaking threw the media's hold on people? Can this really be true?

Did Paul's speech really break threw CNN's stacked deck of "undecideds"?

If that speech aired on CNN and other major networks was able to change the minds of this small group, who most likely had never heard more than a hostile MSM interview, imagine how many saw this around the country!

Should we be sending "For Liberty" DVDs or a collection of RP's greatest Youtube speeches instead of Super brochures?

Is this our key to victory?

pauliticalfan
01-11-2012, 01:25 AM
It was an amazing moment, even after CNN tried desperately to paint Romney positive and Paul negative. It was truly a breakthrough.

AlexAmore
01-11-2012, 01:28 AM
Should we be sending "For Liberty" DVDs or a collection of RP's greatest Youtube speeches instead of Super brochures?

Is this our key to victory?

Looks like it!

ssjevot
01-11-2012, 01:34 AM
DVDs of You Like Ron Paul Except on Foreign Policy would be epic. Can someone arrange that, I'd pitch in. Much better than the Super Brochures.

TER
01-11-2012, 01:37 AM
This will be included in the Chronicles of the United States. The day CNN broadcasted to the nation the arrival of a crusade for liberty!

Today was an epic day!!!

aowen
01-11-2012, 01:38 AM
counted the hands. Romney and Paul tied with 7 hands. Atleast thats what I counted

PauliticsPolitics
01-11-2012, 01:40 AM
counted the hands. Romney and Paul tied with 7 hands. Atleast thats what I counted
Yea, the "moderator" saw an 8th hand for Ron, perhaps off to the far right where the camera didn't pan.
But certainly 7 for Romney.

PauliticsPolitics
01-11-2012, 01:44 AM
Here's the video:
After careful review, I counted 7 for Romney.
Apparently he had no problem counting 7 for Paul, but when 7 people raise their hand for Romney, it is just too many to count...
And yes, he asked Huntsman twice. Funny enough, Huntsman went down from "maybe 3" to "maybe 2".
Facepalm

For some reason I find it hilarious when the moderator asks about Huntsman for the 2nd time, and the woman in the blue scarf just shakes her head.
I'm probably just a hair drunkers, but it makes me giggle every time: "What about Jon Huntsman?"
Reminds me of the media push over the past few days: FAIL...

impaleddead
01-11-2012, 01:51 AM
Look at the two young RP guys on the right laughing when the reporter realizes there's not as many Mitt hands as he needs.

JoshLowry
01-11-2012, 02:00 AM
Look at the two young RP guys on the right laughing when the reporter realizes there's not as many Mitt hands as he needs.

They just cast two important votes for liberty and loved every minute of it.

Awesome footage. I can't keep up with it all.

HarryBrowneLives
01-11-2012, 02:09 AM
BAHAHAAAAW! That was his unfocused group. Needs to go back to the Frank Luntz school of "finding brain dead people and tell them who to support" focus group :p

Liberty Shark
01-11-2012, 02:17 AM
Pretty darn good, especially considering the past history with these focus group things.

KingRobbStark
01-11-2012, 02:19 AM
Why pay attention to the media? I think that their bias is the fuel we need to get Paul to the White House.