PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Massie running for Congress

Tim Calhoun
01-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Thomas Massie running for Congress

http://kyprogress.blogspot.com/2012/01/thomas-massie-running-for-congress.html

Lewis County Judge Executive Thomas Massie has officially entered Kentucky's 4th congressional district Republican primary race to replace retiring Rep. Geoff Davis.

Massie enters the race with the apparent backing of Sen. Rand Paul to take on establishment pick state Rep. Alecia Webb-Edgington and Boone County Judge Executive Gary Moore.

The most interesting thing about this race at the beginning is the role presidential politics will play in whether Massie can overcome the geographic disadvantage of living in the rural, eastern part of the district. Massie's support for presidential candidate Ron Paul and Sen. Rand Paul is well-documented and those relationships are far closer than either of his opponents has with any presidential candidate. So far, Sen. Mitch McConnell has been silent about the race.

Otherwise, Massie is solid on the issues, speaks well, is wickedly smart and should be a force to be reckoned with on the campaign trail.

:)

Sola_Fide
01-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Wowowowow! This is UNBELIEVABLE news for the liberty movement!!!

I am in district 4 myself and I think Thomas could be a GREAT replacement for Davis who has been more or less a consistent fiscal conservative.

This is great news!

TheAquaBuddha
01-10-2012, 11:52 PM
I support this.