PDA

View Full Version : I wanted to post a few of these

PatriotG
11-10-2007, 07:41 AM
Quotes from a great American, Thomas Jefferson.
The man was probably the ultimate patriot!

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto.

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

I do not take a single newspaper, nor read one a month, and I feel myself infinitely the happier for it.

I abhor war and view it as the greatest scourge of mankind.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

"My personal Favorite"
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

"And Lastly"
Every generation needs a new revolution.

A few more can be found here

Thomas Jefferson Quotes (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_jefferson.html)

Have a great weekend everyone
PatriotG