PDA

View Full Version : Doug Wead on NPR's All Things Considered 1/10

harikaried
01-10-2012, 09:57 PM
http://www.npr.org/2012/01/10/145002377/doug-wead-discusses-ron-paul

Heard this in the car earlier today. Doug talks about Ron Paul is so principled, he defends Romney even though a traditional politician would attack. Doug also says that they wanted Huntsman to do well but not too well.

Schiff_FTW
01-10-2012, 10:11 PM
thanks for posting

Duckman
01-10-2012, 10:12 PM
This is very good.

Nate-ForLiberty
01-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Doug gives the best interviews.

J_White
01-10-2012, 10:21 PM
nice

musicmax
01-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Doug gives the best interviews.

when he doesn't giggle.

dbill27
01-10-2012, 10:29 PM
DoUg on msnbc now!

Nate-ForLiberty
01-10-2012, 10:34 PM
when he doesn't giggle.

If you got to work on the Ron Paul campaign in a position like his, how could you not? :D

PismoPam
01-10-2012, 10:45 PM
I LOVE the giggling!
WE HAVE THE MOST FUN!
It cuts through the heavyness that they all try for, and makes the reporters look stiff.
That's a good thing.

harikaried
01-11-2012, 12:34 AM
You can hear him smiling as he talks about how principled Ron Paul is. Hopefully people are open to that and look into Dr. Paul.

Feeding the Abscess
01-11-2012, 12:59 AM
when he doesn't giggle.

I used to be hard on Doug, but he put himself in the woodshed and learned up. The giggling is very disarming in hostile interviews, and he's able to pitch based on his audience. I still think Tom Woods would be an absolute tour de force, but Wead isn't a chump as a representative of Ron.

In baseball terminology, Doug taught himself a strong changeup to use against left-handed batters.

nicname
01-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Doug is one of the best things this campaign has going for it.

bluesc
01-11-2012, 01:05 AM
I used to be hard on Doug, but he put himself in the woodshed and learned up. The giggling is very disarming in hostile interviews, and he's able to pitch based on his audience. I still think Tom Woods would be an absolute tour de force, but Wead isn't a chump as a representative of Ron.

In baseball terminology, Doug taught himself a strong changeup to use against left-handed batters.

Wead has worked on seven Presidential campaigns, three of them successful. He has served three Presidents. He has prepared Presidents for debates. As much as I hate the idea, he came up with "Compassionate Conservative", which even the current failing PM of the UK is turning to, to help his approval ratings.

Saying that Woods would be better than Doug Wead is just plain wrong.

ronpaulitician
01-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Love the giggle. Disarming.

Eric21ND
01-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Love the giggle. Disarming.
His name is Doug Wead for a reason.

Feeding the Abscess
01-11-2012, 01:10 AM
Wead has worked on seven Presidential campaigns, three of them successful. He has served three Presidents. He has prepared Presidents for debates. As much as I hate the idea, he came up with "Compassionate Conservative", which even the current failing PM of the UK is turning to, to help his approval ratings.

Saying that Woods would be better than Doug Wead is just plain wrong.

I still think Tom Woods would be an absolute tour de force, but Wead isn't a chump as a representative of Ron.

Wead is a much better representative of Ron in interviews than he was months ago, not really any arguing about that. Remember how bad he was on Deace's radio show?

bluesc
01-11-2012, 01:13 AM
Wead is a much better representative of Ron in interviews than he was months ago, not really any arguing about that.

I know what you said. My point is that Wead prepared Presidents for debates, and came up with buzzwords that trump even the buzzwords of Frank Luntz. He is an excellent representative of Ron. The campaign getting Doug on board was probably one of, if not the best move they have made this cycle.

Nate-ForLiberty
01-11-2012, 01:16 AM
I know what you said. My point is that Wead prepared Presidents for debates, and came up with buzzwords that trump even the buzzwords of Frank Luntz. He is an excellent representative of Ron. The campaign getting Doug on board was probably one of, if not the best move they have made this cycle.

Big truth here. There was a very significant change in the way the campaign marketed Ron Paul once Doug Wead came aboard.

nbruno322
01-11-2012, 01:38 AM
Anyone up for converting this to a youtube??

Need to get Doug's speaking on Paul as far and wide as possible.

WD-NY
01-11-2012, 01:40 AM

The other awesome thing about Doug is that if you send him a solid suggestion/idea (via facebook), he passes it off to the right people and makes sure it gets implemented. (e.g. "share your donation on facebook")

Todd
01-11-2012, 11:27 AM
when he doesn't giggle.

If Doug were in anyone else's campaign but Paul's....we would absolutely hate him because he's so good at laughing stuff off.....:D