PDA

View Full Version : I needed a shower after reading this

Freedom 4 all
01-10-2012, 09:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9PuVY.png

Someone passed this on to me as an argument for abortion and why they would not support Dr. Paul. I read it all the way through and nearly puked. I have never read anything so disgustingly elitist and callous masquerading as some twisted form of compassion. I'm not even 100% sure where I stand on abortion, but even to someone fully pro-choice this should be disturbing. There seems to be an increasing undercurrent support for eugenics and population control seeping into the views of certain elements of the far left.

KCIndy
01-10-2012, 09:09 PM
It's sad, but how in the world does the writer equate his/her experience to not voting for Dr. Paul? If this is in regard to abortion, RP's position is to send the legalization choice back to the states, because most Constitutional scholars believe the legal ground for Roe v. Wade is shaky at best. Santorum is the most virulently anti-abortion candidate.

onlyrp
01-11-2012, 01:26 AM
Isnt allowing states to decide abortion allowing states to define life?

AlexAmore
01-11-2012, 01:34 AM
I think Ron Paul says abortion will be illegal, but it's up to the states to determine how they will punish the offenders. I know this is a position of Ron's that confuses people, heck I might be wrong and I'm too tired to look it up.

Nate-ForLiberty
01-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Isnt allowing states to decide abortion allowing states to define life?

No. Life is defined as beginning at conception. However, the punishment for destroying life is not a Federal issue. If you murder someone, you are prosecuted by whatever state you committed the crime in.

edit: Basically, if you murder an adult, the state prosecutes you. If you murder an unborn baby, the federal government protects you.

Ron Paul wants the states to be able to prosecute those who murder unborn babies. But that doesn't mean all states will.

dillo
01-11-2012, 02:05 AM
If a mother has an abortion if she was raped is she a murderer for having an abortion?

If a woman has an abortion because the complications of the pregnancies will kill her is she a murderer?

Nate-ForLiberty
01-11-2012, 02:37 AM
This is exactly why there shouldn't be one blanket law on the matter. Allowing the states jurisdiction over this opens the door for just action instead of forced action.

This isn't about "what if this or that" happened. It is a matter of who should be dealing with it. The federal government or the states.

specialK
01-11-2012, 02:56 AM
I think Ron Paul says abortion will be illegal, but it's up to the states to determine how they will punish the offenders. I know this is a position of Ron's that confuses people, heck I might be wrong and I'm too tired to look it up.

I've only heard him say he would try to get rid of Roe v Wade.

Hospitaller
01-11-2012, 05:03 AM
The poster is surely a troll, look at the tldr

Fresh out of 4chan i wouldnt take any of that seriously

AdelaideGUy
01-11-2012, 05:05 AM
The poster is surely a troll, look at the tldr

Fresh out of 4chan i wouldnt take any of that seriously

That isn't 4chan

Dsylexic
01-11-2012, 05:57 AM
If a mother has an abortion if she was raped is she a murderer for having an abortion?

If a woman has an abortion because the complications of the pregnancies will kill her is she a murderer?

answer is: NO. if someone got raped,the quickest and simplest solution to take emergency pills within 72 hrs.and that is not a crime

second,in death life issues like complicated pregnancies etc,the doctors obviously should take the call as to a)if both can survive b)either can survive c)neither can survive. it is a medical dilemma not a field for lawyers.

Dsylexic
01-11-2012, 05:58 AM
answer is: NO. if someone got raped,the quickest and simplest solution to take emergency pills within 72 hrs.and that is not a crime

second,in death life issues like complicated pregnancies etc,the doctors obviously should take the call as to a)if both can survive b)either can survive c)neither can survive. it is a medical dilemma not a field for lawyers.

now if the woman decides at week 16-18 that the fetus shows down syndrome and she'd not want the responsibility to raise it,and if she then aborts -it is serious murder. she can give up the child for adoption if she doesnt want to be a parent.but killing a child because it will cramp her lifestyle is murder

Workethic
01-11-2012, 10:30 AM
If you read the TL;DR it's obvious that it was a simple crude humored joke. People need to lighten up...

RickBelmont
01-11-2012, 10:38 AM
That article seems very Karl Rove