PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul to everyone but Romney...DROP OUT

blazeKing
01-10-2012, 08:37 PM
And support me!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/ron-paul-to-everyone-but-mitt-drop-out'

MANCHESTER, New Hampshire—Rep. Ron Paul's campaign called on the rest of the Republican field to drop out of the race and unite behind him in order to defeat Mitt Romney.
“We urge Ron Paul’s opponents who have been unsuccessfully trying to be the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney to unite by getting out of the race and uniting behind Paul’s candidacy,” campaign chair Jesse Benton said in a statement.

tbone717
01-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Just read it and was ready to post it. Awesome statements by Benton.

AlexG
I'm not sure how I feel about this...I mean telling people "you're going to lose so just get behind me" isn't the best way to attract them

itsnobody
It's about to be Romney vs. Paul

Muwahid
Benton's the man, not afraid to say it how it is.

AlexAmore
01-10-2012, 08:39 PM
BOOOOOOM

sunghoko
Bold. I like it

newbitech
Our campaign is already planning ahead for South Carolina, Florida, and beyond. Soon Ron Paul will head to South Carolina to begin a feverish round of campaigning.

yay! lol ! So happy that Benton decided to include Florida this time around. You don't win without competing in Florida =p

Lavitz
01-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Wow, already?... Ok then, this should garner some interesting responses.

mosquitobite
01-10-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about this...I mean telling people "you're going to lose so just get behind me" isn't the best way to attract them

um, isn't that how all primaries in the past have been? Normally by Super Tuesday the nomination is locked up. I know my state and my next door neighbor's primaries in May mean all but nothing. I'm stocked that my vote may actually MATTER!

mport1
01-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Incredible bold move! I love it! It is at the top left of Drudge now.

jordie
01-10-2012, 08:42 PM
yay! lol ! So happy that Benton decided to include Florida this time around. You don't win without competing in Florida =p

We won't win Florida, but thankfully they got half their delegates taken away because they moved up in the schedule! 50 delegates instead of 99! woo haha

QWDC
This does look like it would rub people wrong, but I'll have to trust the campaign, they've proven me wrong before with things like this.

jordie
p.s. LOVE this picture haha

http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal05/2012/1/10/21/enhanced-buzz-17134-1326248285-14.jpg

abstrusezincate
01-10-2012, 08:44 PM
You put something like this out to make the point to the people out in SC about their true options. :) Good play.

It'll piss the other candidates off, and they won't do it, but they weren't going to anyway.

tbone717
um, isn't that how all primaries in the past have been? Normally by Super Tuesday the nomination is locked up. I know my state and my next door neighbor's primaries in May mean all but nothing. I'm stocked that my vote may actually MATTER!

The way the delegates are laid out this time it is a marathon race. I forget the exact date but if someone won every single delegate they still wouldn't have it locked up till mid-late April. This will go into the later contests for sure.

newbitech
We won't win Florida, but thankfully they got half their delegates taken away because they moved up in the schedule! 50 delegates instead of 99! woo haha

lol we didn't win Iowa or N.H. but you'd never know lol maybe not winning florida will be a good thing!

tbone717
01-10-2012, 08:46 PM
This does look like it would rub people wrong, but I'll have to trust the campaign, they've proven me wrong before with things like this.

It is stating the obvious. None of the others have the means to compete. It paints them all as unelectable. Benton is essentially saying a vote for Newt is as good as a vote for Buddy Roemer, because neither one of them is going to win in the end,

abstrusezincate
01-10-2012, 08:48 PM
The reason you put out a press release is you hope the press carries it. So, this is the theme they want to fight with, and I think it's a good one.

As much of a nuisance as Huntsman is, having him whip Santorum and Gingrich makes a good argument for their limited appeal.

walt
01-10-2012, 08:48 PM

Benton is creating his own personal blowback - just watch the CNN interview from earlier and the camera angles.

wgadget
01-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Dang. Marriage to a Paul grand-daughter does good things for Benton, eh?

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-10-2012, 08:50 PM
You put something like this out to make the point to the people out in SC about their true options. :) Good play.

It'll piss the other candidates off, and they won't do it, but they weren't going to anyway.

It was a good play to let SC know their true options. Santorum, Newt and Huntsman all said they would never support Paul anyway, so he had nothing to lose by highlighting the playing field for the world to take note that it is a two man race!!!!!!!!!

Their supporters may jump ship now. Be nice to them!!!!!

Agorism
01-10-2012, 08:51 PM
I love how they are spending the entire night talking about the fight for 4th and 5th. It's making Newt and Santorum look terrible.

jay_dub
01-10-2012, 08:51 PM
I believe Huintsman kind of did us a favor tonight. Due to him, Santorum is doing no better than 4th in any county and is 5th in a few. The Santorum surge is dead.

Thanks, Jon!

Sal Featherstone
01-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Droppin' bombs... I like it.

bbartlog
01-10-2012, 08:55 PM

The other candidates aren't the real targets of this message. They'll do what they do. It's framing for the voters.

georgiaboy
01-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Heck Yeah. Only guy talking about real cuts. end of conversation. Join now to defeat Obama!

Mahkato
01-10-2012, 08:56 PM
The other candidates aren't the real targets of this message. They'll do what they do. It's framing for the voters.

This is true, but for me it almost sounds like the "UNITY" calls we hear from the establishment GOP all the time.

abstrusezincate
01-10-2012, 08:59 PM
This is true, but for me it almost sounds like the "UNITY" calls we hear from the establishment GOP all the time.

I 100% agree with this, and groups in SC will notice this.

jay_dub
01-10-2012, 08:59 PM

All the campaign is doing is pointing out who the 'not Romney' candidate actually is and why.

The fact is that Romney, if he is to be stopped, must be stopped soon.

anewvoice
01-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Half of being a winner is claiming to be, this will go over well for those looking for a winning campaign!

axiomata
01-10-2012, 09:01 PM
www.drudgereport.com

it's up top

randomname
I believe Huintsman kind of did us a favor tonight. Due to him, Santorum is doing no better than 4th in any county and is 5th in a few. The Santorum surge is dead.

Thanks, Jon!

yeah that play by the media backfired on them. took away from romney too.

UK4Paul
Come on folks... it's a clever way of getting a bit more publicity.

It worked... it's on the top of Drudge.

tempest
01-10-2012, 09:03 PM
This is true, but for me it almost sounds like the "UNITY" calls we hear from the establishment GOP all the time.Get real.

Benton is awesomely taunting the GOP establishment (especially the conservative wing cuz after all they are the ones who love to shoot their mouth off about "coalescing" and "unity" to defeat Obama

V3n
01-10-2012, 09:25 PM

LOL! Have any them, when asked "Will you vote for Ron Paul?" ever said "YES"? This is a message for the media
and puts his opponents in a tough position.
LOVE IT.

bobbyw24
01-10-2012, 09:32 PM
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire—Rep. Ron Paul's campaign called on the rest of the Republican field to drop out of the race and unite behind him in order to defeat Mitt Romney.

“We urge Ron Paul’s opponents who have been unsuccessfully trying to be the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney to unite by getting out of the race and uniting behind Paul’s candidacy,” campaign chair Jesse Benton said in a statement.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Read the full statement below:

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – Ron Paul tonight scored an historic second-place victory in the 2012 New Hampshire Primary. Below please find comments from National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton:

“Ron Paul tonight had an incredibly strong second-place finish in New Hampshire and has stunned the national media and political establishment.

“When added to Paul’s top-tier showing in Iowa, it’s clear he is the sole Republican candidate who can take on and defeat both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama.

“The race is becoming more clearly a two-man race between establishment candidate Mitt Romney and Ron Paul, the candidate of authentic change. That means there is only one true conservative choice.

"Ron Paul has won more votes in Iowa and New Hampshire than any candidate but Mitt Romney.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/ron-paul-to-everyone-but-mitt-drop-out

Feelgood
01-10-2012, 09:47 PM

In yo face!

tasteless
01-10-2012, 10:10 PM

"“We urge Ron Paul’s opponents who have been unsuccessfully trying to be the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney to unite by getting out of the race and uniting behind Paul’s candidacy,” campaign chair Jesse Benton said in a statement."

LMAO @ the picture they used too. Jesse Benton, such a troll. Remember how just a few months ago the establishment politicians were telling Ron Paul supporters to unite behind the Republican nominee when Ron Paul loses? Boy how the tables have turned.

bkreigh
01-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Not a fan of this message. We were there last election cycle and we hated it. Cant forget where we came from. If they want to stick around then they have every right to do so.

wgadget
01-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Meh. It's politics.

Expatriate
01-10-2012, 11:04 PM

Read the full statement below:

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – Ron Paul tonight scored an historic second-place victory in the 2012 New Hampshire Primary. Below please find comments from National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton:

“Ron Paul tonight had an incredibly strong second-place finish in New Hampshire and has stunned the national media and political establishment.

“When added to Paul’s top-tier showing in Iowa, it’s clear he is the sole Republican candidate who can take on and defeat both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama.

“The race is becoming more clearly a two-man race between establishment candidate Mitt Romney and Ron Paul, the candidate of authentic change. That means there is only one true conservative choice.

"Ron Paul has won more votes in Iowa and New Hampshire than any candidate but Mitt Romney.

"Ron Paul and Mitt Romney have been shown in national polls to be the only two candidates who can defeat Barack Obama.

"And Ron Paul and Mitt Romney are the only two candidates who can run a full, national campaign, competing in state after state over the coming weeks and months. Ron Paul's fundraising numbers -- over $13 million this quarter -- also prove he will be able to compete with Mitt Romney. No other candidate can do all of these things.

"Ron Paul is clearly the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney as the campaign goes forward.

“We urge Ron Paul’s opponents who have been unsuccessfully trying to be the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney to unite by getting out of the race and uniting behind Paul’s candidacy.

“Ron Paul has the boldest plan to cut spending, a dedication to protecting life, and a lifelong dedication to the Constitution and limited government. He also has the necessary support to campaign nationwide against Mitt Romney.

“Our campaign is already planning ahead for South Carolina, Florida, and beyond. Soon Ron Paul will head to South Carolina to begin a feverish round of campaigning.

“Ron Paul is in this race for the long haul. And he is ready to fight.

“See you on the campaign trail.”

satchelmcqueen
01-11-2012, 12:22 AM
its called payback.

QuickZ06
01-11-2012, 12:24 AM
its called payback.

I like!

Mini-Me
01-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Not a fan of this message. We were there last election cycle and we hated it. Cant forget where we came from. If they want to stick around then they have every right to do so.

That's quite a bit different: We were there, because we have had to claw our way up from the absolute bottom and fight for every inch against the full might of the political, media, and corporate establishment. The other candidates are "there" right now because their genuine public support is practically nonexistent, and the only reason they're even in the race at all is because powerful special interests groomed them for the spot and put them there. In some cases (particularly Santorum and maybe Huntsman), the only reason those powerful interests even bothered putting them in the race (and helping to keep them there) has been to undermine us. For that matter, the media coverage of this entire election has been designed exclusively to distract from us or destroy us. There is simply no comparison between what they're going through, and what we have gone through and continue to go through.

LawnWake
01-11-2012, 12:46 PM

That's not the point. This is their way of showing balls. Everyone calls Ron Paul unelectable, so he's telling them to go f' themselves because HE is the anti-Romney.

purepaloma
01-11-2012, 12:49 PM
RP has become the LEGIT choice !

Rest of America is awakening.

jmdrake
01-11-2012, 01:13 PM

"They" aren't going to support Ron anyway. This is a message to the undecided voters. Ron is the horse they need to be betting on. And we've seen an ability to attract activists from other candidates even when we don't win over the candidates themselves. And despite what Bachmann says, we don't have to pay them to switch.

Lishy
01-11-2012, 01:31 PM
I know Newt won't rally behind Paul for sure since he has a bone to pick with Ron Paul, and there is a lot of tension between them. Hermin Cain is too loyal to the Federal Reserve because he wants to "fix" it instead of abolishing it (How the heck do you "fix" a fed? Isn't its concept what's wrong?) Jon Huntsman sees Ron Paul as direct competition, so for sure he would not endorse Paul (Remember, he was is supposedly responsible for the huntsman sabotage fiasco?), Santorum is an idiot who got lucky with real estate, Rick Perry is a bilderberger so he supposedly has ties with people who hate what Ron Paul stands for, and Michelle Bachman takes the same war message as the other candidates.

The only one whom I think might endorse Paul would be Sarah Palin, who isn't even in the race!

Ilhaguru
01-11-2012, 01:41 PM
The unity call is still a powerful call, and I am glad we are the only ones in the position to be calling it. This stuff resonates if the media carries it.

cdw
01-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Yeah I agree with those that are saying that this isn't a message to other candidates, it's a message to the supporters of those candidates. The candidates themselves of course would rather die than support Paul, but the supporters are seeing the writing on the wall and might jump ship to our side if there's a little nudge. Gamesmanship at it's finest.

Plus, all of those candidates deserve it.