PDA

View Full Version : RonPaulAuctions.com

RonPaulIsGreat
11-10-2007, 03:33 AM
Well, I saw that mitt Romney, made subcontracted a company to sell stuff for people to raise money for his campaign. Basically, it is just a front-end that submits it to ebay, I believe. Anyway, the company he used charges, 25% transaction fee. That's crazy.
Well, I was thinking if we built our own auction site with zero transaction fees, that would be much better. I have the prerequisite hardware (windows server 2003, and a dual 3 ghz machine with 3 gigs of ram, to start, and a business class connection to the internet we are already paying for but underutilized)and software to run a premade auction package. http://www.rainworx.com/ IT costs 800.00 dollars. Now, I could pay that amount for it, if I thought people would use it. It would be in theory only for Ron Paul merchandise, and people that are going to donate the proceeds to Ron Paul.

There isn't really a security risk involved for the users, as all the money would be collected by paypal.

Anyway, is this something there is a need for, or people would use. The problem with ebay is there is no one location to display all the Ron Paul supporters, So, like if I had a TV I would donate most likely no one on ebay would find I was selling it with the intention to give to Ron Paul. Also ebay charges once you add in listing fees, FVF's Gallery fees, etc... About 10% of the cost of selling. So, a auction site purely for Ron Paul, would not have that 10% loss.

Well, I was thinking it was a good idea, but don't know if other people would use it. I already bought RonPaulAuctions.com and RonPaulAuction.com So, as not to get it bought up by some reseller.

Thanks.

Oh and if you think it would be good, then would anyone here consider donating to cover part of the purchase price, I could buy it upfront, but we are already paying 200.00 for the internet connection / month, the server and software would be a worth probably a thousand, itself. And I've donated money already to the campaign, and bought several hundred dollars worth of stuff. In other words I could afford it(technically), but it's starting to push the finances. LOL. I wouldn't expect anyone to donate until it was functioning, so you wouldn't have to worry about me running off with donations, and would send donors a receipt showing the purchase, to prove it.

I think it could save way more than the 800.00 dollars to get it started, and the upside benefit is everything and everyone could have there stuff for Ron Paul all listed for FREE. (Of course paypal will still charge something, I can't do anything about that, but that is 2.9 percent, versus, cost of selling on ebay with paypal, being well over 10+ usually, it is still a huge savings. )

Thanks.

Taco John
11-10-2007, 03:42 AM
Ron Paul supporters do this spontaneously. Mitt's guys are on this forum stealing our ideas. It will be a miserable failure for them in comparison, though. Who wants to raise money for a millionaire who is just going to pocket it because it's money that he lent to his own campaign?

We don't need a centralized auction site. But good luck anyway... I could be wrong.

Jobarra
11-10-2007, 03:47 AM
Anything dealing with giving profits to Ron Paul probably need to be done by Ron Paul's campaign staff, not grassroots efforts. I'm sure campaign law is pretty strict about stuff like this. You probably need a lawyer on your side to say what's right and what's not, so IMHO, it's better off left to the campaign staffers if they want to do it.