PDA

View Full Version : PR Campaign Statement on Mitt Romney Misquote Abuse (attacks Santorum, Huntsman, Gingrich)

harikaried
01-10-2012, 04:20 PM
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/01/10/ron-paul-campaign-statement-on-mitt-romney-misquote-abuse/

Ron Paul Campaign Statement on Mitt Romney Misquote Abuse

“Santorum, Huntsman, and Gingrich are employing leftist tactics because they can’t run on their questionable records.”

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – The Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign released the following statement in response to the feigned controversy surrounding out-of-context exploitation of Mitt Romney’s “I like to fire people” statement. Below please find comments from National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton:

“Rick Santorum, Jon Huntsman, and Newt Gingrich are once again proving why they are unfit to be President and why this has become a two man national race between Mitt Romney, the candidate of the status quo, and Ron Paul, the candidate of real change.

“Two important issues that should unite Republicans are a belief in free markets and an understanding that the media often use ‘gotcha’ tactics to discredit us. Rather than run against Governor Romney on the issues of the day Santorum, Huntsman, and Gingrich have chosen to play along with the media elites and exploit a quote taken horribly out of context. They are also using the language of the liberal left to attack private equity and condemn capitalism in a desperate and, frankly, unsavory attempt to tear down another Republican with tactics akin to those of MoveOn.org.

“Santorum, Huntsman, and Gingrich are employing leftist tactics because they can’t run on their questionable records and can’t distinguish themselves from Romney. Like Romney, they all supported bailouts, big spending, deficits, and individual healthcare mandates. And, all three have disqualified themselves from the race for President of the United States, first with their records, then with their inability access major state ballots, and finally with these desperate and deplorable tactics.

“Dr. Paul is committed to running the kind of substantive, issues-based campaign the American people deserve. Our campaign will talk about real issues – real spending cuts, a sound monetary policy, protecting individual liberties, and promoting a pro-American foreign policy. We will win what is now a two-man race on these issues, the issues of grassroots America.”

bluesc
01-10-2012, 04:23 PM
inb4 people bitching about Ron sticking up for capitalism.

freejack
01-10-2012, 04:24 PM
This is winning.

Lord Xar
01-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Hey, you think the Media will pick up on this? Seriously.... you think they will huh huh? DO ya? well do ya?

Robben
01-10-2012, 04:28 PM
:D

Like a boass!

affa
01-10-2012, 04:28 PM
well, his defense is on drudge, at least.

Bruno
01-10-2012, 04:35 PM
well, his defense is on drudge, at least.

With a great pic and headline! Can someone get a screen shot?

01-10-2012, 04:35 PM
I would have defended Romney on this one too. I guess it's the Randian in me, but I agree with Romney.

Sarge
01-10-2012, 04:37 PM
ZING!

"And, all three have disqualified themselves from the race for President of the United States, first with their records, then with their inability access major state ballots, and finally with these desperate and deplorable tactics."

In case anyone missed this,

"then with their inability access major state ballots,"

ghengis86
01-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Wow, that was brutal!

botounami
01-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Awesome statement.

I'd be willing to do proof reading for free, though. That looks unprofessional :(

TexMac
01-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Genius.

anewvoice
01-10-2012, 04:59 PM
I was elected to lead, not to read.

Name the movie!

cdw
01-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Name the movie!

Guh, I'm terrible with things like this but... Spaceballs?

Libertea Party
01-10-2012, 05:18 PM
It's disgraceful that these hacks are pulling this stuff. If Mitt Romney does win then the Democrats will make a montage of this as a 30 sec ad. Some idea of "party unity" these guys have. The little bit of partisan Republican in me is repulsed.

At least it shows what these scumbags are willing to go to win votes. Let any pro-capitalism voters know that these guys will fold like cheap lawn chairs when they think they get some votes.

Sarge
01-10-2012, 05:20 PM
I did want to proof the quote, but that would not be right. I agree they need a proof reader. Also, the HQ needs to update for NH and not Iowa. Wait now it is too late and needs to be SC.

I hope we are getting on the last State ballots before a lock out.

Details, details vs. who posts the official first official thread first.

Johncjackson
01-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Name the movie!

Herman Cain quoting Pokemon?