PDA

View Full Version : Ipsos/Reuters NATIONAL Poll: Ron Paul at 16%, second best against Obama

sailingaway
01-10-2012, 12:42 PM
The CBS poll had Ron statistically tied with Obama yesterday, one point behind, but had Romney 2 pts ahead of Obama. this one has Romney 5 points down from Obama and Ron 7 points down. The next closest gives Obama a double digit lead.

Romney 30%
Gingrich 20%
Ron Paul 16%
Santorum 13%

considering how little the other states even know Ron, this is encouraging.

oops! Link: http://www.ipsos-na.com/news-polls/pressrelease.aspx?id=5466 :o:

KingNothing
01-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Wow. That is awesome!

blazeKing
This is actually reallly encouraging

cdc482
Yes! And Gingrich will implode very soon...

Maximus
Getting closer to a national tipping point

kill the banks
01-10-2012, 12:47 PM
good news

tribute_13
01-10-2012, 12:48 PM
This is amazing. Just think how that number would explode coming out of NH with a 1st/2nd place finish? We could overtake Gingrich in national polls in no time. Effectively making it a two man race before February when Super Tuesday starts. We could really win this.

angrydragon
01-10-2012, 12:49 PM
YAY!

TheTexan
01-10-2012, 12:52 PM
I think I just saw the ceiling move

harikaried
01-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Ron Paul moving up since last Reuters/Ipsos poll from 12/12:

Romney 30% (+12)
Gingrich 20% (-8)
Ron Paul 16% (+4)
Santorum 13% (+9)
Perry 7% (-5)
Huntsman 3% (-2)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html

pauliticalfan
01-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Wow, 16% nationally. What were people saying about 15% being the tipping point? Let's see some movement!

Student Of Paulism
01-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Id like to know where they poll these though. When Ron goes up in National Polls, it doesnt seem like its on the east coast or in the more southeastern states, since he doesn't poll well in those areas. I have a feeling the W and NW areas he is doing hella good, but have seen rarely any of those states to show polls. Seen a South Dakota poll posted here some weeks ago where he was in 1st.

KingNothing
01-10-2012, 12:55 PM
I will be a most happy man if we can hit 20-percent.

harikaried
01-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Those numbers are Republicans Only.

Check out Independents AND Republicans (and relative to 12/11):

Romney 29% (+11)
Paul 17% (+5)
Gingrich 17% (-8)
Santorum 12% (+8)
Perry 6% (-6)
Huntsman 4% (+0)

http://www.ipsos-na.com/download/pr.aspx?id=11291

RickyJ
01-10-2012, 01:00 PM
It sucks Gingrich still gets 20% after all that has come out about him. Who is supporting that clown?

Romney has a big lead now, but if we can get this down to a two man race hopefully then we can knock Romney down some, and of course, and more importantly, lift Paul up.

I hope some big donors get behind Paul, the grass-roots can only supply so much since so many of them are barely getting by now.

freejack
01-10-2012, 01:01 PM

Romney 29% (+11)
Paul 17% (+5)
Gingrich 17% (-8)
Santorum 12% (+8)
Perry 6% (-6)
Huntsman 4% (+0)

Nice!

goldpants
01-10-2012, 01:01 PM
I thought Huntsman would be neck and neck with Ron Paul, lol

blazeKing
01-10-2012, 01:03 PM
I thought Huntsman would be neck and neck with Ron Paul, lol

You watch too much MSM :p

According to the media, Huntsman is electable @ 4% and Ron Paul unelectable at 17% nationally LOLOLOLO

braane
01-10-2012, 01:05 PM

Romney 29% (+11)
Paul 17% (+5)
Gingrich 17% (-8)
Santorum 12% (+8)
Perry 6% (-6)
Huntsman 4% (+0)

#SnowballEffectEngaged

asurfaholic
01-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Unelectable.. HE CANT WIN!!! OMG PANNICCK

Krugerrand
01-10-2012, 01:10 PM
It sucks Gingrich still gets 20% after all that has come out about him. Who is supporting that clown?

Romney has a big lead now, but if we can get this down to a two man race hopefully then we can knock Romney down some, and of course, and more importantly, lift Paul up.

I hope some big donors get behind Paul, the grass-roots can only supply so much since so many of them are barely getting by now.

Most of what has come out about him has been by advertisements in local media where voting is imminent. The word hasn't spread nationwide.

Bruno
01-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Lol, Msnbc just showed this poll during their hourly Huntsmann pump, and minutes later the pundit said, "i have been saying it for awhile and will say it again, Huntsmann is the strongest candidate against Obama.".

Diurdi
01-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Lol, Msnbc just showed this poll during their hourly Huntsmann pump, and minutes later the pundit said, "i have been saying it for awhile and will say it again, Huntsmann is the strongest candidate against Obama.". Even though he is the worst. Just horrible.

I mean, I can see why a liberal pundit could feel like that by just going with their gut feeling. But all evidence points to the contrary.

EDIT: Oh and I guess his national ceiling of 15% just got raised.

randomname
01-10-2012, 01:13 PM
surging!

sailingaway
01-10-2012, 01:13 PM

Romney 29% (+11)
Paul 17% (+5)
Gingrich 17% (-8)
Santorum 12% (+8)
Perry 6% (-6)
Huntsman 4% (+0)

So cool!!

sailingaway
01-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Lol, Msnbc just showed this poll during their hourly Huntsmann pump, and minutes later the pundit said, "i have been saying it for awhile and will say it again, Huntsmann is the strongest candidate against Obama.".

Only with those who like the mushy middle. Polls sure don't indicate that.

I've decided most people are at work and not watching this on tv.

Occam's Banana
01-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Yes, it is! Very encouraging!

Though that reaction may be mostly adrenaline-fueled relief on my part.
When I first read the thread title, I somehow missed the all-caps "NATIONAL" (:o) and nearly had a heart attack. Whew!

StilesBC
01-10-2012, 01:24 PM

He gets name recognition votes from people in states that aren't yet paying much attention.

TheTexan
01-10-2012, 01:24 PM
surging!

Yes, he's surging from his great debate performances. I think he won over alot of people this weekend.

KingNothing
01-10-2012, 01:26 PM
What logical reason is there to prefer Gingrich or Santorum to Perry?

The way I see it, Romney, Perry and Paul should be the only candidates with any significant support.

Krugerrand
01-10-2012, 01:27 PM
What logical reason is there to prefer Gingrich or Santorum to Perry?

The way I see it, Romney, Perry and Paul should be the only candidates with any significant support.

I agree completely, minus Romney and Perry.

TheTexan
01-10-2012, 01:27 PM
<3

limequat
01-10-2012, 01:28 PM
What I don't understands is how is only a couple point away nationally from where he is in NH. WTF?

MyEyesTheyBurn
01-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Ron Paul moving up since last Reuters/Ipsos poll from 12/12:

Romney 30% (+12)
Gingrich 20% (-8)
Ron Paul 16% (+4)
Santorum 13% (+9)
Perry 7% (-5)
Huntsman 3% (-2)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html
I think Ron Paul will pick up a lot of Perry supporters after he drops, because Perry's rhetoric on non-foreign policy is similar to Paul's. Gingrich is only high, because ads are only being played in 3~4 states right now. As soon as his record gets called out in more places, he'll drop just like IA and NH.

blazeKing
01-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Perry just isn't a good debater so he can't get his message out well and he is ridiculed for his performance. I really am not sure why Gingrich has so much support but it must be from people just in the southern states. Santorum is still just riding his faux iowa bump after the faux surge. His support will drop considerably in the next week.

MyEyesTheyBurn
01-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Perry just isn't a good debater so he can't get his message out well and he is ridiculed for his performance. I really am not sure why Gingrich has so much support but it must be from people just in the southern states. Santorum is still just riding his faux iowa bump after the faux surge. His support will drop considerably in the next week.This. Plus Gingrich is still riding his December bump in places that aren't IA, NH, SC, because of lack of anti-Gingrich advertising.

KingNothing
01-10-2012, 01:35 PM

Nah, there is definitely a market for Business Man Mitt and Cowboy, Governor-of-a-Big-State Perry. I just don't see where Gingrich and Santorum can possibly be drawing support from. Why on Earth would anyone prefer Gingrich to Romney? They have the same record, basically, and Mitt is less... you know... evil. Why would anyone support Santorum? Perry has those "traditional conservative" values, with a similar amount of Big Government baggage but a Governor's pedigree. Paul should own the vote of anyone who cares about principle, Small Government, low taxes, humble foreign policy, etc.

randomname
01-10-2012, 01:39 PM
I think Ron Paul will pick up a lot of Perry supporters after he drops, because Perry's rhetoric on non-foreign policy is similar to Paul's. Gingrich is only high, because ads are only being played in 3~4 states right now. As soon as his record gets called out in more places, he'll drop just like IA and NH.

Perry might lose a couple % as well for doing so poorly in NH. Media will prop him up for SC though as a blocker for Paul.

Student Of Paulism
01-10-2012, 01:40 PM
I think Ron Paul will pick up a lot of Perry supporters after he drops, because Perry's rhetoric on non-foreign policy is similar to Paul's.

Yea, plus Ron and Perry have never attacked each other in ads, and have barely gone at it in debates too, and its best Ron keep it that way for when Perry drops out, this way his supporters wont be alienated badly and some may come over like with Cain.

I think what hurt Ron a bit in IA, was the Bachmann/Sanitorum comments on The Tonight Show. Yea, i know it seemed funny at the time, but when you dig deeper, imagine if Michelle was on some show and said Ron hates blacks. I seriously doubt we would be thrilled about that, and would not consider supporting her at all as a second option. Based on the demographic slides in those final polls and the way Bachmann attacked the hell out of him afterward, i think those comments wound up hurting Ron a bit and were regrettable in the end. Rick took a shit load of votes away from Ron in that final 5-7 days of polling, and most of Bachmanns supporters went to him and not Ron.

Cody1
01-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Nah, there is definitely a market for Business Man Mitt and Cowboy, Governor-of-a-Big-State Perry. I just don't see where Gingrich and Santorum can possibly be drawing support from. Why on Earth would anyone prefer Gingrich to Romney? They have the same record, basically, and Mitt is less... you know... evil. Why would anyone support Santorum? Perry has those "traditional conservative" values, with a similar amount of Big Government baggage but a Governor's pedigree. Paul should own the vote of anyone who cares about principle, Small Government, low taxes, humble foreign policy, etc.

That's the problem, you're giving TOO much merit to American voters. You still have to dumb it down a couple more levels, here in Columbia, SC every random person I talk to about politics are either Romney/Gingrich SOLEY for shallow and uninformed reasons. It's either Romney's hair or Gingrich's "success" in his run as speaker of the house..even though everyone seems to forget the whole ethics violations thing.

KingNothing
01-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Yea, plus Ron and Perry have never attacked each other in ads,

Say what? Paul started Perry's fall. He put a chink in Perry's armor with an AWESOME ad and made him vulnerable to attack. Everyone else pounced in the debates and Perry faltered.

Krugerrand
01-10-2012, 02:46 PM

I'd go along with everything you're saying on Mitt ... if he were running as a Democrat. He's the architect of our current National Health Care disaster. He's as big a big-government guy as you can get. He has a history of animosity towards the 2nd amendment. There is nothing GOP about the guy that should merit him being a contender for the nomination, much less a leading contender.

Santorum talks a good conservative game. It's the walk the walk part that doesn't take much investigation to scratch him from the list. I'm not sure what the Slime to Evil ratio is for Gingrich ... but whatever it is, it reeks.

How does a governor's mansion instill pedigree? Perry has shown himself to be about 3 notches lower than an intellectual light-weight. Remember the Bank of America video where they "have him covered." Remember the money his campaign made by passing Gardisill laws? There is nothing GOP about states usurping parental rights/obligations involving the healthcare decisions of their children. His connections reek of establishment and corruption.

I had hope for Bachman years back, but that hope has long since vanished. The current slate of candidates, sans Paul, should be a cause for shame and embarrassment for the GOP. They aren't even worthy to drive taxi for the delegates from the airport to the convention.

KingNothing
01-10-2012, 02:56 PM
I'd go along with everything you're saying on Mitt ... if he were running as a Democrat. He's the architect of our current National Health Care disaster. He's as big a big-government guy as you can get. He has a history of animosity towards the 2nd amendment. There is nothing GOP about the guy that should merit him being a contender for the nomination, much less a leading contender.

Still, he just screams "Rockefeller Republican" to me and they certainly had a place in American politics. I'm not defending them, I'm not supporting Mitt, I'm just saying that I could see how voters could be taken in by his "business" background and rhetoric.

How does a governor's mansion instill pedigree?

He won a major state. That counts for something. It means he can campaign and he can win.

Perry has shown himself to be about 3 notches lower than an intellectual light-weight. Remember the Bank of America video where they "have him covered." Remember the money his campaign made by passing Gardisill laws? There is nothing GOP about states usurping parental rights/obligations involving the healthcare decisions of their children. His connections reek of establishment and corruption.

I agree with all of this. But, again, all I'm saying is that I'm surprised his atrocious record meant more to voters than Santorum's. Santorum has no redeeming quality. Perry's got swagger and seems like a fun guy. He's like Bush, only more so. What does Santorum have? Weird that Perry lost out to him.

JTforRP
01-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Slow and steady....

Matthew Zak
01-10-2012, 03:08 PM
"Ron Paul has a 10% ceiling".

"Ron Paul has an 11... wait, a 12%... 13%?"

"Ron Paul has a ceiling."

Sunstruck-Eden
01-10-2012, 03:29 PM
"Ron Paul has a 10% ceiling".

"Ron Paul has an 11... wait, a 12%... 13%?"

"Ron Paul has a ceiling."

"And in today, our analysts suggest that Ron Paul has a ceiling of 49.9% Obviously, that's not enough to beat President Obama so on to Romney we go!"

:D

bbartlog
01-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Nice to see Gingrich fall. He should become even more self-defeatingly vicious and petulant once Paul overtakes him in national polling. Plus I suspect Romney's superPAC may fire back at Gingrich after the nastiness that his superPAC unloaded on Romney.

jersdream
01-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Yea, plus Ron and Perry have never attacked each other in ads, and have barely gone at it in debates too, and its best Ron keep it that way for when Perry drops out, this way his supporters wont be alienated badly and some may come over like with Cain.

Are you kidding me???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH4lo0BsdvY

TexMac
01-10-2012, 04:04 PM
The CBS poll had Ron statistically tied with Obama yesterday, one point behind, but had Romney 2 pts ahead of Obama. this one has Romney 5 points down from Obama and Ron 7 points down. The next closest gives Obama a double digit lead.

Romney 30%
Gingrich 20%
Ron Paul 16%
Santorum 13%

oops! Link: http://www.ipsos-na.com/news-polls/pressrelease.aspx?id=5466 :o:

Why use the Republican only numbers? I thought this polll hadn't been posted at first because I thought I'd see a thread celebrating Ron being tied for SECOND NATIONALLY.

http://argojournal.blogspot.com/2012/01/poll-watch-reutersipsos-2012-republican.html