PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry Rick Perry says Ron Paul would “ideal person” to head Federal Reserve

sailingaway
01-10-2012, 10:54 AM
http://blog.chron.com/rickperry/2012/01/rick-perry-says-ron-paul-would-ideal-person-to-head-federal-reserve/

somehow I don't see that happening if Perry actually won, call me cynical....

brushfire
01-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Hmm... I still dont feel compelled to vote for perry....ever.

got gardasil?

specsaregood
01-10-2012, 10:59 AM
http://blog.chron.com/rickperry/2012/01/rick-perry-says-ron-paul-would-ideal-person-to-head-federal-reserve/

Perhaps because the President can't just appoint anybody to head it? The president can only appoint from a pre-selected pool of people. Pre-selected by the heads of the federal reserve banks.

Cleaner44
01-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Perry will be dropping out soon. I do think he actually appreciates Dr. Paul and his education on the Fed. Perry said so in the debates and I think he meant it. I think he learned about the Fed thanks to Ron and he truly is starting to see the problem with the Fed. Just another sign that we are winning. The truth is on our side!

Xenophage
01-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Perry seems like a well meaning guy to me, unlike Newt, Mitt, and Huntsman, who all seem to have crooked motives.

matt0611
01-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Perhaps because the President can't just appoint anybody to head it? The president can only appoint from a pre-selected pool of people. Pre-selected by the heads of the federal reserve banks.

I'm no expert on how the Fed power structure operates, but this is from Wikipedia, so it could be wrong...

"As stipulated by the Banking Act of 1935, the President appoints the seven members of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System; they must then be confirmed by the Senate and serve for 14 years. Once appointed, Governors may not be removed from office for their policy views. The chairman and vice-chairman are chosen by the President from among the sitting Governors for four-year terms; these appointments are also subject to Senate confirmation."

Seems like they could appoint anyone?

kill the banks
01-10-2012, 11:11 AM
trust me unless perry has had a life change he is scum too .. but I do feel Paul influenced him positively

iamse7en
01-10-2012, 11:11 AM

lol... I'd love the headlines now: bilderberg/banking cartel favorite Rick Perry appoints Ron Paul has Fed Chairman...

suuuuuuuuure.

Machiavelli
01-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Perry is a globalist tool just like the other fools. Attended Bilderberg while back. But you never know, maybe he is coming around.

brushfire
01-10-2012, 11:13 AM
trust me unless perry has had a life change he is scum too .. but I do feel Paul influenced him positively

Its possible that the machine, who he'd been pushed so hard by, had abandoned him. Maybe that's why he seems to be more humble and likeable, by some, these days.

IMO, he'd be no different than bush (or obama for that matter)...

JK/SEA
01-10-2012, 11:22 AM
you never get that stink off once you dance with the devil...

specsaregood
01-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Seems like they could appoint anyone?

It doesn't say that though, does it. :)

AlexAmore
01-10-2012, 11:50 AM
You know Ron Paul would be like "Ok whatever..." Then the next day you see this on Fed's front door.
http://alesha411page.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/going-out-of-business.bmp

pauliticalfan
01-10-2012, 11:52 AM
I believe that Perry is a sweet guy, but he definitely needs to stay at 1%.

eduardo89
01-10-2012, 11:56 AM

Actually the president can, just that small group has to be approved by the senate and the chairman has to be approved once again by the senate.

As stipulated by the Banking Act of 1935, the President appoints the seven members of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System; they must then be confirmed by the Senate and serve for 14 years. Once appointed, Governors may not be removed from office for their policy views. The chairman and vice-chairman are chosen by the President from among the sitting Governors for four-year terms; these appointments are also subject to Senate confirmation.

specsaregood
01-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Actually the president can, just that small group has to be approved by the senate and the chairman has to be approved once again by the senate.
What you quoted does not dispute what i posted. Yes, the president appoints them; but IIRC he can only appoint from a pre-approved pool of nominees not just from the general public.

eduardo89
01-10-2012, 12:08 PM
What you quoted does not dispute what i posted. Yes, the president appoints them; but IIRC he can only appoint from a pre-approved pool of nominees not just from the general public.

That's what I think too, but I haven't seen where I saw that before. I think the federal reserve banks give a list of candidates. There must be a way around that though. Remember, the president doesn't have to follow the rule of law ;)

JasonM
01-15-2012, 11:29 PM

Rick Perry says Ron Paul would “ideal person” to head Federal Reserve by Richard Dunham

Rick Perry has been blasting Texas congressman Ron Paul — along with other Washington political veterans — as out-of-touch DC insiders.

But the Texas governor, at a campaign stop in Anderson, S.C., said there was a job he had in mind for Paul.

“Congressman Paul would be an ideal person to head up the Fed, and put a little fear in their heart,” Perry suggested in response to a question, according to NBC’s Carrie Dann .

Paul, a Houston-area lawmaker, has been a longtime critic of Federal Reserve policies and practices. He says the nation’s central bank is secretive and unaccountable to the American people. He blames Fed policies for devaluing the American dollar and causing the housing bubble that contributed to the Great Recession.

Perry has attacked Paul’s non-interventionist foreign policy, but he has embraced Paul’s Fed-bashing. According to the NBC blog post , Perry chuckled at the prospect of Paul serving as Federal Reserve chair.

The 76-year-old Texan would “probably scare all of those people to death,” Perry smiled.

I wonder what would happen if Ron Paul was offered the Federal Reserve Chairman slot and he accepted. Would almost sound like a trap if Perry miraculously won the Presidency and did this. :P

ronpaulitician
01-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Of all the remaining candidates, Perry does seem to be the only one who may eventually endorse Paul upon dropping out.

nano1895
01-15-2012, 11:31 PM
Oh god, Ron has the head of the Fed? My head is exploding.

Restore America Now
Why would he be the head of something he believes is so wrong?

idiom
RP head of treasury, Jim whats-his-name for Fed.

idiom
01-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Although as head of the fed he could set up some mechanism to let rates float....

And he would be able to impose pretty much and rules on banks regarding unsecured lending that he wanted too...

The Gold Standard
01-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Of all the remaining candidates, Perry does seem to be the only one who may eventually endorse Paul upon dropping out.

He would never endorse Ron. His owners would cut him off and throw him out in the street.

JasonM
01-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Oh god, Ron has the head of the Fed? My head is exploding.

I know right? :D

And your head didn't explode. It "A-Sploded".

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060521141538/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/3/3d/Splode.jpg/180px-Splode.jpg

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/A_Splode

BLS
01-15-2012, 11:34 PM
He'd never accept. That would be like being assigned as a General to manage our policing of the world.

He just wouldn't accept it.

Firehouse26
01-15-2012, 11:38 PM
His comment brings recollections of his praise to Ron in one of the debates concerning reading one of Paul's books. It's like he wants to endorse him but knows his handlers would flip. It's almost like he's trying to say "I support Ron Paul, but I'm being forced to save face for my SUPER PACs and remain in this thing, sorry Paulbots, I wish you the best"

JasonM
01-15-2012, 11:39 PM
He'd never accept. That would be like being assigned as a General to manage our policing of the world.

He just wouldn't accept it.

More like because it'd seem like a trap. If he implemented anything he thought the fed should do, short of abolishing it, it would create a much needed market correction. Then he'd be blamed for that much-needed recession and all the pain it would cause people.

It wouldn't be unlike doing surgery on a patient without applying anesthetic, without amputating the leg outright even though that's what actually needs to be done. And then the patient would complain for months afterwords of all the pain he's in.

JasonM
01-15-2012, 11:43 PM
His comment brings recollections of his praise to Ron in one of the debates concerning reading one of Paul's books. It's like he wants to endorse him but knows his handlers would flip. It's almost like he's trying to say "I support Ron Paul, but I'm being forced to save face for my SUPER PACs and remain in this thing, sorry Paulbots, I wish you the best"

Well Perry did sort of screw himself with the establishment when he called Ben Bernanke a "traitor", and his poor debate performances didn't help either.

JJ2
01-15-2012, 11:43 PM
We need Perry to drop out before SC and endorse Paul. :)

Come on Gov. Perry, do you really want to have to attend another debate? :)

playpianoking
01-16-2012, 12:04 AM
I could see Perry endorsing Paul.

Maverick
01-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Perry seems like a well meaning guy to me, unlike Newt, Mitt, and Huntsman, who all seem to have crooked motives.

Yeah, Perry seems like a well-meaning guy...unless you've lived in Texas and seen his dirty cronyism dealings first-hand.

pacu44
01-16-2012, 09:36 AM

bingo... rep for u