PDA

View Full Version : JOBS

G-Wohl
01-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Check out this poll from Yahoo today.

http://i.imgur.com/TKMAB.png

If this is any indication of the political climate of 2012 - and I believe it is - then we all should know why Ron Paul is in second place today. Notice how 'role of government' takes a weak second place to 'jobs'. I am pretty confident that Ron Paul is getting nearly all of the votes from those GOP voters who answer 'role of government', and Mitt Romney is probably taking most of those 'jobs' voters.

The simple answer to this problem is to demonstrate how Ron Paul's economic policies would restore jobs to America. Mitt Romney talks about this at every chance he gets, and in essence, Ron Paul's economic platform is unarguably capable of delivering work to the middle class in a short time frame. Everyone assumes that Mitt Romney will bring in the jobs, but we know that Ron Paul will do much better at this task, so let's show GOP voters how much more effective Ron Paul will be at restoring jobs!

Ron Paul, his campaign, and his supporters all need to begin explaining what aspects of his policies will bring back jobs, and why. Getting rid of five departments will free up capital that can be injected into the marketplace. Ending the wars and the troops home will spur the need for far more manufacturing and retail jobs. I'm sure you guys get the picture.

I was thinking that maybe we could make a grassroots website that provides an overview of how jobs will be restored under a President Paul. RonPaulJobs.com is available for purchase, and I would be happy to obtain that domain to work on this.

Any other thoughts?

Okaloosa
01-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Yes, RonPauljobs.com is a great idea. The message needs to be given in simple terms on jobs. The easier to understand the better.

G-Wohl
01-10-2012, 10:22 AM
I was thinking that we should have a video which greatly contrasts Mitt Romney's policies (advocating stimulus, saying nothing was wrong with the economy during 2006-2007,etc.) with Ron Paul's, and then shows how his policies will bring jobs back to the economy.

It would be great if we could get reputable names like Peter Schiff and Tom Woods to verify the claims.

EBounding
01-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Paul needs to reframe his message on jobs just like with foreign policy. Don't change the message, just make it more understandable. Saying "we need to liquidate the debt and get rid of the malinvestment" does not equal jobs for most people. They don't even know what that means. It's not because they're stupid, they just aren't immersed in austrian economics. People can easily understand the message on the campaign website, but their eyes glaze over when he speaks like a textbook. He needs a vision statement, not just what we need to stop doing.

A lot of people have good ways to make this message understandable, but Paul has to do it himself first if we're going to break through this 22% barrier in the elections.

roc_rob
01-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Ron Paul's economic platform is unarguably capable of delivering work to the middle class in a short time frame

I do not entirely follow this statement. Perhaps someone could explain this viewpoint me?

My understanding is that Paul believes there needs to be a correction, wants to cut taxes, get rid of the fed, institute sound money, and seeks to dismantle government agencies. I think Paul is strongest from the view of a long time frame, but is not making any empty-quick-and-easy-solution promises (unlike other candidates). Correction is more or less used by most as a euphemism for hitting bottom, which is actually good in this context---as opposed to prolonging and propping up failed policies, business models, and institutions, which will potentially only serve to make any ultimate correction worse. Current policies are arguably digging a much deeper bottom.

Paul will realistically be limited in the short term by the will of congress, though I think a veto strategy will ultimately succeed in bending the will of congress.

I think Paul is strongest for the economy, but I am not sure how to sell him as a short term relief. I kind of like doctor analogies here. Paul's opponents are essentially suggesting morphine as the cure for cancer. Sure, it might dull our perception of the pain, but the cancer is spreading and our tolerance to 'government medicine' rising. Paul understands the human body, the ailment, how to remove the disease with surgical precision, as well as supporting our long road to recovery.

Saddest of all in this giant mess is that he diagnosed us all years ago, but congress was too busy railing oxy scripts written by lobbyists to notice.

squarepusher
01-10-2012, 10:37 AM
people want the Keynesian's to start burying money for them to dig up.

G-Wohl
01-10-2012, 10:46 AM
roc_rob: It is possible to have an increase in jobs during a correctional period. Even during an economic catastrophe (not unlikely) having countless thousands of soldiers returning to the States means that a drastic increase in just the need for bare sustenance (food, water, shelter, clothing) will take place. This = jobs. Let's not even talk about the correction. Most voters will think "that sounds bad, I don't want to vote for the guy that makes me nervous." There is a positive way to present all of Paul's policies, and jobs will be the most effective tenant of the 2012 race's issues to utilize this type of platform on.

seraphson
01-10-2012, 10:47 AM
I hope their true meaning behind "JOBS" is "PRODUCTIVITY". Jobs don't mean shit. Hell, look at the government; plenty of "Jobs" there.