PDA

View Full Version : Now THIS is racism (Santorum)

GoRon2008
01-10-2012, 06:06 AM
Associating welfare with black people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAaxxOXbSt8

14.39 Rick Santorum has faced a lot of scrutiny over his comments on "black people" and welfare at a recent campaign rally. He said:

Quote I don’t want to make black people’s lives better by giving them somebody else’s money. I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money.

Santorum has since made matters worse by denying it (he claims he was mumbling), contradicting footage of the rally. Here is the clip:

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0XkXRoT558

This guy is nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ULyOZUPw8

fatjohn
01-10-2012, 06:08 AM
He didnīt say black people, he said a word and then decided to not say it and clearly ended up saying blah people. Rendering your argument invalid.

\thread.

FrankRep
01-10-2012, 06:13 AM
Rick Santorum didn't actually say "black people."

The Young Turks‘ Jayar Jackson Agrees: Rick Santorum Didn’t Say ‘Black People’
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-young-turks-jayar-jackson-agrees-rick-santorum-didnt-say-black-people/

GoRon2008
01-10-2012, 06:14 AM
He didnīt say black people, he said a word and then decided to not say it and clearly ended up saying blah people. Rendering your argument invalid.

\thread.

Oh... one guy doesn't think so. Must make it true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqhyGa4id1Q

@20

Sounds like "black" people to me. What is "blah" people?

He even admits to it in that clip. What else could he have been trying to say? "blah" people don't exist.

They hammer Paul every day over 20 year old newsletters he didn't write. But this is ok I guess.

facepalm.jpg

Drex
01-10-2012, 06:15 AM
Santorum wants to single out young Muslim males for the TSA to search.

djruden
01-10-2012, 06:23 AM
Please don't misquote here. Rick clearly said " I dont want to make lives...peoples lives better by giving them other ppls money".
He merely stopped and started his sentence again getting his words in the right order. Ron Paul does this all the time so it's not really somethign we should dis other campaigns for... Just my 2 cents.

GoRon2008
01-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Please don't misquote here. Rick clearly said " I dont want to make lives...peoples lives better by giving them other ppls money".
He merely stopped and started his sentence again getting his words in the right order. Ron Paul does this all the time so it's not really somethign we should dis other campaigns for... Just my 2 cents.

I agree its not a huge deal. But your quote of what he said is wrong. lol

"I dont want to...to make black people lives better"

That would be more accurate. I clearly here a "c" or "k" sound. Even so, your quote is more inaccurate than mine. Listen again if you must.

FrankRep
01-10-2012, 06:45 AM
Sounds like "black" people to me. What is "blah" people?

Not everyone can speak as perfect as you.

Christopher_RC
01-10-2012, 06:47 AM
sounds like he said black to me

newyearsrevolution08
01-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Well if he said "blah people" I would assume that to be worse than actually saying "black people". I would do a follow up question, " now Mr Santorum did you mean BLACK or BLAH people?"

I don't get why race even needs to be brought up. We need to go get other candidates for stuff they are trying to do to Ron? Not my style and I doubt it would be Rons' style as well.

theswedishchef
01-10-2012, 07:07 AM
I think the only way to get anything else than "black" out of that comming out of his mouth is severe tinnitus or extreme self delusion.

No way is that "blah". And even if it was "Blah", isn't "blah people" a bit of a slur? I though the politicly correct wording was "aphro ameh kan people".

Random noise out of my mouth dictionary:

Aphro -> sounds of an held back sneeze
ameh -> noise made during a jawn
kan -> just random air reverberations that escapes moth from time to time while trying to put togheter sentences
Blah -> almost putting a word togheter and stopping midletter (not only black, bladder, blabber but actually all words no matter how they start...like people for instance)
BULLshhhiitt -> when that sneeze isn't held back but instead mixed upp with the words bull and shit to not so subtly hide once oppinion on someones else's behavior and possible bad excuses.

newbitech
01-10-2012, 07:12 AM
he said "blind" people.

rs-fl
01-10-2012, 07:49 AM
The issue that Santorium is most venerable on is Social Security. Last Friday he mention his plain at a campaign stop in N.H. and it received no TV coverage. According to his website he wants to raise the retirement age and means test benefits immediately!

I think that a well place radio ad on the Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity show would do the trick in sending him home.

Cinderella
01-10-2012, 07:52 AM
Santorum wants to single out young Muslim males for the TSA to search.

this^^^ Racial profiling is racist! i yearn for the day we stop labeling people and see them for the INDIVIDUALS they are

JuicyG
01-10-2012, 07:52 AM
He started saying black people and quickly realized how stupid move that is and tried to backpedal.

Muwahid
01-10-2012, 07:53 AM
He clearly said black people (if anything he caught himself which is why you can't really hear the last letter). Frothy is KNOWN to be the biggest racist of the republicans running, he openly calls for racial discrimination and religious discrimination at airports.

tempest
01-10-2012, 07:54 AM
clearly ended up saying blah people.To quote Grinch that is BALONEY

Santorum did say black people (blah people is not in the lexicon of an English language native (he couldn't have said it even deliberately let along accidentally)

JuicyG
01-10-2012, 07:54 AM
He clearly said black people (if anything he caught himself which is why you can't really hear the last letter). Frothy is KNOWN to be the biggest racist of the republicans running, he openly calls for racial discrimination and religious discrimination at airports.

Yeah. He pushed racial profiling at airports.

goldpants
01-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Have you ever had a fight with your girlfriend or wife and started to say you're being bit-sch of a jerk. She will have heard bitch regardless of the stupid save attempt. He was going to say black and was able to semi save it but the intentions of what he was saying were clear

PastaRocket848
01-10-2012, 08:07 AM
he started to say "black people", realized that was pretty stupid about half way through, and slurred his way through the "ck" part. he's a bigot. his entire campaign is built on the idea of pushing down people that don't "represent his values". is it really a stretch to suggest that the rich white guy from pittsburgh that openly hates gays and muslims just *might* hate black people too?

qh4dotcom
01-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Santorum: I think it's great that the president has a date night out with his wife.

Fine...as long as he pays for it....don't make the taxpayers pay millions for that.

FreedomFighter1776
01-10-2012, 08:14 AM
We're on the wrong tack here. He started to say, "make lives better" stopped after he started to say lives and said "people's lives"
So it came out "I don't want to make liv-people's lives better by..."

A total non-issue. I despise the idea that Santorum would love to turn the US into a theocracy, so I can tell you I'm no fan, but lets go focus on something that he actually said, not transform this stutter-speak into something else. He didn't say anything about blacks. How about we focus on his self professed bigotry, desire to grow the fed dept of ed., or any of his other horrible positions? Walk away from this. It only has the potential to make us look bad, not Santorum.