PDA

View Full Version : Making The Tea Party a Success

ronpaul4pres
11-10-2007, 12:52 AM
We raised about $4 million on Nov 5th. Now, we're talking about raising an additional $6 million for $10 million total. We must get new blood to do this, and we each need to convince

6 / 4 = 1.5

new donors to join. In whole numbers, you must convince at least 1 new person to donate. All of your current friends need to do the same. Half of us need to convince 2 people.

Donating money will be just a part of your contribution to the Tea Party. The other part of your contribution is to bring in a friend or 2 to our revolution.

I will bring 2 friends. How many will you bring?

Mckarnin
11-10-2007, 01:49 AM
When you phrase it that way I think I am going to staple nice, handsigned TeaParty07.com invitations to slim Jims and give them to my friends.

ronpaul4pres
11-10-2007, 01:09 PM
When you phrase it that way I think I am going to staple nice, handsigned TeaParty07.com invitations to slim Jims and give them to my friends.

That's the spirit! Thank you!

jmhelms
11-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Great way to analyze the situation. We not only need more people to donate but we need to simply reach large demographics that have not yet been reached on the internet.

justinc.1089
11-10-2007, 10:49 PM
I know a few people that like Paul so I'm going to try to talk them into "buying" something off of his site that day lol.

Thats another thing, try to play it up as getting them to buy something that day instead of asking them to donate, even though its actually the samething. People don't want to just give away their money, but if they're getting something in return for donating, (buying something), then they will be much more willing to donate to the campaign on the 16th.

ronpaul4pres
11-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Great comments so far - who else will get new blood into this campaign?

If we each cannot get 1-2 people, this campaign is over regardless of money raised.

ronpaul4pres
11-12-2007, 11:41 PM
I'm seeing a lot of discussion about money goals and how much each individual will donate, but who is talking about the more important aspect of this: getting new donors on board?

Do you have 2 friends who never donated but promise to do so on Dec 16th? Have all of your other friends who donated on Nov 5th also found 1 or two new donors? If not, why not?

ppc1040
11-12-2007, 11:46 PM
I pledged 2. Between my mom, dad, and brother I know I can squeeze at least $200. I've been bugging all my buddies, but they are poor, apathetic college students.

I have, however, noticed that a couple of my friends have been putting Tea Party/Ron Paul information in their email signatures, and that's independent of me talking to them about Dr. Paul.

max
11-12-2007, 11:48 PM
good idea

this is crucial...

i'd like to see an appeal on the website to ask people to commit to recruiting at least 2 donors

ronpaul4pres
11-13-2007, 12:04 AM
...they are poor, apathetic college students.

Well, Dr. Paul cured my apathy, and he can cure theirs!

I hope you still try to turn your "apathetic" buddies into Ron Paul supporters. In the end, we're looking for votes not dollars. Plus, there are other ways to support like donating time. If they spread the Ron Paul message of freedom and personal liberty to all of their friends, then nobody can fault them for not donating.

Thank you for your support and for your efforts!