PDA

View Full Version : Who are Ron Paul's economic advisers for the 2012 campaign?

emazur
01-10-2012, 02:42 AM
In 2008 I know he had Walter Block and Peter Schiff (not sure if there were others) but I haven't heard anything about 2012. And if you know of his 2012 advisers for any other field like foreign policy or whatever, I'd be interested. If he has the right advisers, he could use it as a talking point in his campaign and attack his opponents:

"My economic adviser Peter Schiff correctly predicted the economic crisis of 2008 despite being laughed at and I would encourage skeptics to watch Peter Schiff was right on youtube. Which one of Romney's advisers accurately predicted the crisis?"

"My foreign policy adviser [X] correctly predicted that there would be no WMDs found in Iraq, the government would spend billions of dollars over a decade nation building Afghanistan instead of getting the terrorists and getting out quickly, and that there would still be a significant troop presence in Iraq even after the official troop withdrawal. Which one of Gingrich's advisers accurately predicted these things?"

Feeding the Abscess
01-10-2012, 03:47 AM
I know Fein is one.

Didn't know that Block was on the team last time. That's pretty sweet.

EDIT: I know Fein is an advisor, not that he's an economic advisor.

I've noticed that Block has started writing Ron Paul articles lately (not that he doesn't mention him often, of course), perhaps he's on board again? He also took a potshot at Santorum and raising the debt ceiling 5 times at LRC Monday night. More evidence he may be on board, I suppose.

DiLorenzo was a surrogate for Ron at a presidential forum in Miami on Monday night, as well. Perhaps he's also on board?

Conza88
01-10-2012, 04:40 AM
Why does he need one?

http://troll.me/images/the-chuck-norris/ron-paul-2012.jpg

TheViper
01-10-2012, 06:19 AM
Why does he need one?
Agreed. He's the candidate least likely to require advisers.

But, I think Schiff not being on the campaign team this time is actually a good thing. When Paul is selecting his presidential staff and filling cabinet positions, selecting Schiff to Treasury will not appear as much of an insider move compared to if Schiff were part of the campaign.