PDA

View Full Version : Residents of Belle Glade FL Ask For Martial Law Because of Violence In The City

Bosco Warden
01-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Crazy things going on in FL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvgQdN4nHlc

Working Poor
01-10-2012, 01:13 AM
wow

Bosco Warden
01-10-2012, 01:23 AM
I found the article that went with this.

BELLE GLADE, Fla. -- Dozens of Belle Glade residents packed City Hall on a Friday night, urging leaders and the community to find ways to stop growing violence in western Palm Beach County.

The meeting was spurred by the recent slaying of Jimmy McMillan, a beloved shopkeeper in town, who was killed Monday morning. Police are still seeking the killer

"You need to find him," urged one of McMillan's family members. "Find him, because he's going to kill somebody else if you don't."

"We're looking for solutions," said Belle Glade Mayor Steve Wilson.
One option, he said, was to hire a private security force to patrol city streets.

"It'd be another set of eyes and ears," said Wilson.

The idea didn't go over well with the audience at Friday's meeting.
"We don't need security," yelled one man. "We need a working Sheriff's Department out here. We might need martial law."

Residents have been frustrated by growing violence during the past year. 2012 started off just as bad, with a string of armed robberies and McMillan's killing.

The Sheriff's Office said it is working with the community to solve these issues. Deputies and city leaders are planning more meetings in the future to get input from the public.

http://www.wpbf.com/news/30155291/detail.html#ixzz1j1r0hRoa

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-10-2012, 02:09 AM
Here in NJ, cities like Camden, Newark, Irvington, etc are like little Detroit. People getting shot almost every day. Went to Camden once, never again!!! Bullet holes in every sign and building I saw!

kill the banks
01-10-2012, 02:16 AM
sad

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-10-2012, 02:25 AM
"Residents of Belle Glade FL Ask For Martial Law Because of Violence In The City "

One guy said that, who probably didn't know what it meant.

It's just stupid that the media line is "Residents Suggest Martial Law At City Meeting Friday Night.

qh4dotcom
01-10-2012, 04:27 AM
To the Residents of Belle Glade:

Can you please quit freaking out about Iran having a nuclear weapon? There has never been a terrorist attack in your small town and I'm not that dumb to believe there will ever be one in the future. While it is unfortunate that crime is rising in your small town, I hope this makes you realize that what happens in your small town should be way more important to you than what happens in the Middle East. If you want less violence in your small town then demand that Washington ends its war on drugs. Also remember what Franklin said "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither".

John F Kennedy III
01-10-2012, 04:47 AM
1. People are fucking STUPID.

2. When they said Jimmy McMillan I thought they meant the presidential candidate.

moostraks
01-10-2012, 08:28 AM
The economy which is getting reported as improving is largely the problem. Our city has had crime but it was accepted as being mostly non-violent. I have seen a large upswing in the violent robberies occuring which I believe is tied to high unemployment and the lack of respect by youth as was claimed in the video. What was once a problem of downtown Youngstown is now pushing out to the adjoining areas. They are fleeing like cockroaches.

QuickZ06
01-10-2012, 08:39 AM
WOW!

Zippyjuan
01-10-2012, 01:03 PM
From the article, it was one man suggesting it (not sure how seriously but obviously frustrated with local law enforcement)- it was not the town asking for martial law:

The idea didn't go over well with the audience at Friday's meeting.
"We don't need security," yelled one man. "We need a working Sheriff's Department out here. We might need martial law."

And even he said "might". Over-hyped on the martial law issue.