PDA

View Full Version : Is Christie a good Governor?

Joseph
01-09-2012, 05:46 PM
(Sorry if this is in the wrong section. If it is please let me know where I can move it to.)

Chris Christie. I really don't know how to feel about Christie. I'm from NJ and I'm on the fence on him, at first i didn't like him, then I did, then he endorsed Romney, now I'm not so sure. I mean as far as governors go what do you guys think of him? As far as integrity and policy are concerned how would you guys rate him?

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-10-2012, 02:16 AM
He promised to cut spending in NJ. He did, but we saw no tax alleviations. He cut spending and where does the cut budget go? All the tolls in NJ just doubled. He cut education a lot, my pellet grant was reduced in half for the last year I was eligible, but it was worth it to see all the public school teachers complain about their pay and the teacher's union basically told to "shut up" I dislike most teachers in NJ's public school system.

cindy25
01-10-2012, 06:03 AM
as Governor he is ok, but he does not have a position that determines foreign policy, patriot act, SOPA.....

Sarah Palin was considered a good governor, John Kachich is a good governor, Jon Huntsman was a good governor. does not fully reflect what kind of president they would be.

Dennis Kucinich was a disaster as mayor, but is one of the best Dems in congress.

RockEnds
01-10-2012, 06:31 AM
I'm not from New Jersey, but I did closely follow legislation there last year. As the article explains, this legislation was 30 years in the making. I personally listened to the testimony in the legislature, but apparently Christie failed to do so. Or maybe he just didn't care. Honestly, it was a bad bill. It should have been a clean bill without restrictions, but they couldn't get that bill through the legislature, so they passed this compromise bill. Christie didn't "conditionally veto" it to make it better. He essentially rewrote the bill to reflect what the Catholic Bishops had asked for in the first place.

I listened to a live stream of the testimony. Not one single person could produce any evidence that New Jersey had in any way ever promised anyone confidentiality. In fact, the opposite was proven. People appeared with decrees issues to adopting parents which named the child's natural parents. New Jersey had, in fact, supplied that information routinely. But the worst testimony came from the Catholic Church. Their guy came in and testified that relinquishment should be anonymous. When questioned, he just basically acted as if he was above the question, then left. Well, apparently he knew exactly what Christie was about to do. He didn't need to testify to anything. He owned the governor.

A lot of work went into this legislation. Many people testified. Their testimony proved that "birth parent privacy" is indeed a myth promoted by both far left organizations (ACLU) as well as organizations on the far right (R2L). The bill conceded more than it should have. But it was the work of the legislature, and Christie proved his allegiance was not toward elected officials but toward the Church.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/06/gov_christie_conditionally_vet_3.html

Christie is a rude, blubbery, totalitarian. In my opinion.

http://www.declassifiedadoptee.com/2011/11/on-catholic-conference-and-new-jerseys.html

http://www.firstmotherforum.com/2011/01/fight-over-adoptee-rights-in-nj.html

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-10-2012, 07:54 AM
I was actually trying to follow a fluoride mandate that was floating around in the NJ legislator, if someone could help me find out if it was shot down, that would be helpful. The latest report from my local water company shows no added fluoride, but I can't figure out whatever happened to that bill. The last traces I've seen of it were from 2009 where it passed the first stage, but I don't think it came up for a vote because of costs, not sure. It seriously would make me consider leaving NJ if poisoning the water became law. Sure, I can get bottled water, but what's the point if I'll be bathing in the poisoned water?

brushfire
01-10-2012, 08:16 AM
The guy supports the NJ gun laws - nuff said

moostraks
01-10-2012, 08:17 AM
as Governor he is ok, but he does not have a position that determines foreign policy, patriot act, SOPA.....

Sarah Palin was considered a good governor, John Kachich is a good governor, Jon Huntsman was a good governor. does not fully reflect what kind of president they would be.

Dennis Kucinich was a disaster as mayor, but is one of the best Dems in congress.

Kasich lost it with me when he started with how he won't impose upon his family by making them move to the governor's mansion so we get to maintain both it and private detail for his protection at his chosen location at an undisclosed cost. Kasich is NOT one of the good guys!

Jingles
01-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Christie is a rude

Nah, he is just from New Jersey.

Warrior_of_Freedom: I don't know how I feel about Christie either. He is most certainly an improvement in many respects. I'm from PA and we also have a history of horrible governors so its like amazing when someone does something slightly better. Which is how I feel about Tom Corbett. He isn't really a good governor, but his is much better than Rendell and past people and we at least needed to start heading in the right direction a little bit.

specsaregood
01-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Let's put it this way.
NJ has some of the highest property taxes in the nation. To much spectacle and hurrah he got the legislature to pass a law CAPPING the rate of INCREASE of property taxes. And this was one of his "greatest" achievements. Capping the rate of INCREASE of taxes that are already the highest in the country.

Big whoopie effing doo.

Still, he isn't corzine. I'll give him that.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Let's put it this way.
NJ has some of the highest property taxes in the nation. To much spectacle and hurrah he got the legislature to pass a law CAPPING the rate of INCREASE of property taxes. And this was one of his "greatest" achievements. Capping the rate of INCREASE of taxes that are already the highest in the country.

Big whoopie effing doo.
I know people that personally pay 10,000 dollars a year in property tax in some towns around here, 10k! That's ridiculous.