PDA

View Full Version : PFH Switch: Convert the Undecideds

maxoutco
01-09-2012, 04:50 PM
We only have 24 hours left. If you get a hold of someone and they are undecided, do you think we should be trying to show them the way of Dr. Paul.

Would this be going against the campaign's requests? What do you think?

freedomforever!
01-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Could someone post some suggestions of what to say to them - talking points, etc.? I'm not the greatest with this stuff.

bluesc
01-09-2012, 04:51 PM
I was about to make a thread asking them how they feel about it. There are so many reports of undecideds up for grabs.

eduardo89
01-09-2012, 04:53 PM
If they say their most important issue is government spending/deficits/national debt talk about Ron's plan to cut $1 trillion while st the same time making social security and Medicare solvent without affecting seniors!!!!

freedomforever!
01-09-2012, 04:56 PM
We're not asking them what their most important issue is, though. I'm not sure how to get the conversation from the script to convincing them. Plus they're already being barraged with political calls.

Lord Xar
01-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Mitts top 5 donors are banks. RONS is the branches of the military - the troops support
His foreign policy.

Mention that he was the only candidate to predict the economic collapse.
He knows how to fix it.

He scored 100% on the liberty scale. Independant group that measures a candidates adherance to the constitution

gerryb
01-09-2012, 04:59 PM
I think they have a seperate team for persuation:

But if you have them on the hook just ask them what their most important issue is and talk to that. Don't force RP as being the best, just explain why you support RP's plan on that issue. If it is something that isn't "fixable" or you don't know RP's position on, just say I don't know and go to

Ron Paul can beat Barack Obama. He has the organization to do it.
Ron Paul is the only one with a plan to cut $1 Trillion - without cutting anything from seniors, veterans, or national defense.

eduardo89
01-09-2012, 05:00 PM
We're not asking them what their most important issue is, though. I'm not sure how to get the conversation from the script to convincing them. Plus they're already being barraged with political calls.

Ah right, the surveys are done and this is GOTV. Of they are undecided ask them their top 3 issues? I don't know how you'd do this without leaving the script completely.

SUGESTION TO CAMPAIGN: add a script for undecided voters!!!

damiengwa
01-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Its simple. Let THEM talk. Find out what they care about, express how Dr. Paul would make it better.

harikaried
01-09-2012, 05:04 PM
A safe bet is to talk about the economy. Talk about how you notice prices going up at the grocery store. Point out Ron Paul has a plan to fix the economy and create jobs. It starts by cutting $1 trillion of federal spending in the very first year without cutting a single penny from social security or our national defense. He actually wants to improve national defense because that's the main function of the federal government. (Don't mention bringing the troops home as that can open a can of worms.)

If they talk about electability, point out that Ron Paul gets independent support and beats Obama in general election head-to-head match-up polls. Point to the Iowa win where he got 40% of the Independent vote. Independent voters are needed to win the general election, and they want Ron Paul's plan to fix the economy.

Repeat that Ron Paul has the plan to fix the economy. He can beat Obama. Ask for their support for Ron Paul.

Key Tips:

- Don't sound like a robot
- Let the person know you're human
- Genuinely ask them questions
- Always agree with the person -- don't say "but", "you're wrong", etc.
- Make sure to ask for support

If you don't feel comfortable, just let it go. I'm sure the campaign will track it and follow up.

tbone717
01-09-2012, 05:06 PM
The economy and spending are the big issues. You would have a hard time finding a potential voter that does not care about the economy. Hit the main points though, let them talk and any questions you may ask, make sure they are open ended.

seapilot
01-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Jobs and economy is most important issue. RP will cut spending, pay down debt, stabilizes the markets creates investment which creates jobs! Ron Paul is an honest man you can trust.

bluesc
01-09-2012, 05:11 PM
w/sddddddddddd

damiengwa
01-09-2012, 05:13 PM
A safe bet is to talk about the economy. [/b]

The safe bet is to only talk about what they want to talk about. you should be able to sell from 30 different ways. Find out who your talking to, what makes them tick. then pitch paul. voters decide on single issues.

bluesc
01-09-2012, 05:15 PM
The safe bet is to only talk about what they want to talk about. you should be able to sell from 30 different ways. Find out who your talking to, what makes them tick. then pitch paul. voters decide on single issues.

And once they are sold on that single issue, leave it there.

harikaried
01-09-2012, 05:15 PM
The safe bet is to only talk about what they want to talk about. you should be able to sell from 30 different ways. Find out who your talking to, what makes them tick. then pitch paul. voters decide on single issues.That's true.. if the person doesn't hang up on you by then.

Again. Make sure the person knows you're human and not a robot. They'll be more open in talking.

tbone717
01-09-2012, 05:16 PM

Agreed. Point being though if they don't give you any lead as to what their single issue is, the economy will work.

maxoutco
01-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Well, from responses I guess that is a yes then. We SHOULD be trying to convert undecideds if we get them. I agree with a lot of what was said though. We should let them talk and then show them how a Paul presidency would approach their concerns.

Let's get to work! :D

maxoutco
01-09-2012, 05:35 PM
bump for PFH!!!