PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul - Bringing Back the Reagan Democrats

CaptUSA
01-09-2012, 02:20 PM
As shown in Iowa. As will be shown in New Hampshire.

Ron Paul is attracting the same type of voters that Ronald Reagan attracted. He is the only candidate running for the GOP nomination that is expanding the party base. People are actually registering Republican just so they can vote for him. Ron Paul is getting the lion's share of independents and even a share of democrats that have been disillusioned by Obama and really want some kind of real change.

When the vote is in, remember this phrase:

Ron Paul - Bringing Back the Reagan Democrats

GeorgiaAvenger
01-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Pretty sure the Reagan Democrats switched parties because of Reagan

tbone717
01-09-2012, 03:45 PM
As shown in Iowa. As will be shown in New Hampshire.

Ron Paul is attracting the same type of voters that Ronald Reagan attracted. He is the only candidate running for the GOP nomination that is expanding the party base. People are actually registering Republican just so they can vote for him. Ron Paul is getting the lion's share of independents and even a share of democrats that have been disillusioned by Obama and really want some kind of real change.

When the vote is in, remember this phrase:

Ron Paul - Bringing Back the Reagan Democrats

+rep Awesome narrative to be pushed, because it is so true.

Highstreet
01-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Bump this is a great way to get the boomers!!

CaptUSA
01-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Bump again for the evening crowd.

bbartlog
01-09-2012, 06:47 PM
It's kind of a different set of Democrats we'll be pulling, frankly. Fine narrative to push if you can make it work but not really accurate IMO.

nasaal
01-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Yea, we pull more progressives that would be willing to tolerate Paul because of anti-war stance. Also pulls some of the more liberty oriented democrats, but I don't think he will be pulling Reagan Democrats too much.

acptulsa
01-09-2012, 06:50 PM
It's kind of a different set of Democrats we'll be pulling, frankly. Fine narrative to push if you can make it work but not really accurate IMO.

No, not really. I see what you mean, but I disagree. I remember the Reagan Democrats, and if you will recall Reagan won in 1980 by sounding like the libertarian he really wasn't. They have more in common than you seem to believe, at least if you're talking about the kind of Reagan Blue Dogs we had down here.

nasaal
01-09-2012, 06:54 PM
No, not really. I see what you mean, but I disagree. I remember the Reagan Democrats, and if you will recall Reagan won in 1980 by sounding like the libertarian he really wasn't. They have more in common than you seem to believe, at least if you're talking about the kind of Reagan Blue Dogs we had down here.
Reagan pulled Democrats who were fed up with Carter's ideals and wanted someone who wouldn't mess up the country. It wasn't so much that Reagan was acting like a Libertarian, it was because he was not Carter. In all honesty, the democrats that Paul pulls are the ones who liked Carter's honesty and his ability to stick to his ideals regardless of what others had to say. I'm not saying Paul is Carter(quite the opposite) but he will be pulling the other side of the democrats. The ones who thought Obama would stick up for liberties and end the wars.

CaptUSA
01-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Ron Paul - Bringing Back:

The Reagan Democrats
The Independents
Principles
Responsibility
Liberty
The Constitution!!!!

(And the RPF sleepers!)