PDA

View Full Version : ATTN CAMPAIGN - Where's Ron (or Doug Wead) on Romney's "I like to fire people" comment??

WD-NY
01-09-2012, 02:00 PM
We're getting pwned today by the media. The main story on Ron = "Paul leaves campaign stop early bc the press annoyed/overwhelmed him + didn't meet with a 90 year old woman who wanted to meet him + lost her vote"

Meanwhile, Huntsman is hitting Romney hard (via twitter, press releases and comments to reporters) on his "I like to fire people" comment... Where the heck is Ron (or someone from the campaign) with a quote that MOVES the story away from the campaign event #fail and onto Romney's gaff???

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/01/huntsman-dings-mitt-on-fire-line-110167.html

Via POLITICO's Juana Summers, Jon Huntsman dinged Mitt Romney for talking about liking firing people who don't provide good service:

"I will always put my country first. It seems that Governor Romney believes in putting politics first. Governor Romney enjoys firing people. I enjoy creating jobs."
He added that Romney's comment shows that the former Massachusetts governor is "slightly out of touch with the economic realities."

The line is now looking certain to dominate Romney's final day on the trail in a state where he is an easy lock to win, but would like a strong margin.

This gaff by Romney is going to be REPLAYED & DISCUSSED ALL NIGHT on CNN, MSNBC, etc. and every other news show will have a story on it... and guess what, Huntsman = the only candidate hitting Romney on it (and thus, the only candidate who will win votes from the story/coverage of it).

This is how politics gets played. If an opponents makes a gaffe, you NAIL HIM ON IT so that when the gaffe gets covered, you're part of the coverage.

Ron isn't commenting on anything... just giving his usual answers to the same old questions. Control the coverage or be controlled by it. How many votes is the ridiculous story about not meeting that 90 year old woman going to lose us??

If the campaign is smart, they'll track her down and make sure the cameras are there to cover Ron's meeting with her.

p.s. obama's chief of staff resigning out of nowhere = lucky/huge break for us. Otherwise, it would be 24/7 Huntsman pumping

JohnGalt23g
01-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Cool your jets, Sparky.

Let Huntsman go out and do the dirty work. Contrary to your opinion, that doesn't get Jon Huntsman votes... it only takes votes away from Mitt Romney. NH voters tend to reward candidates for staying above the fray.

Let the others engage in cheap politics, and we reap the benefits.

WD-NY
01-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Cool your jets, Sparky.

Let Huntsman go out and do the dirty work. Contrary to your opinion, that doesn't get Jon Huntsman votes... it only takes votes away from Mitt Romney. NH voters tend to reward candidates for staying above the fray.

Let the others engage in cheap politics, and we reap the benefits.

Except that Benton's yelling at Dana Bash of CNN is going to be the story on Ron (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hDlY5UKY9CM). So now the media's small Diner Story is going to be a BIG DINER STORY about how a voter who was considering Paul isn't sure anymore because he didn't shake her hand.

(it doesn't matter how ridiculous it is for that woman to fault Ron for not staying in the diner longer... it presents Ron in a negative way and will lose us votes. Benton's aggressive ending of the interview will just make it a bigger story now... so yes, it would be in our benefit to CHANGE THE STORY)

jsem
01-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Romney said that in context of firing people who do a bad job, like bad health care actors and such.

Taking this out of context and attacking him with it is NOT in our interest and would be an attack on capitalism and the voice of the consumer.

WD-NY
01-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Romney said that in context of firing people who do a bad job, like bad health care actors and such.

Taking this out of context and attacking him with it is NOT in our interest and would be an attack on capitalism and the voice of the consumer.

Agreed, I should've been more clear in my original post. I honestly don't care what the campaign does or says, just as long as it changes the story away from "Ron Paul leaves diner early, loses vote of independent woman and her 90 year old mother"