PDA

View Full Version : The Misandry Bubble

KMA-NWO
01-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Has western society, for the last couple centuries, been culturally treating one sex as completely disposable and almost worthless while pedestal-izing the other sex above and beyond?

How many here would be surprised if it's the sex who isn't the traditional "victim" that has been disenfranchised.

What if in recent years instead of it getting better, it just got worse and more ugly, where today the disenfranchised must pay for and shoulder the responsibility of the other's free choices?

Welcome to the Misandry Bubble...

http://www.singularity2050.com/2010/01/the-misandry-bubble.html

KMA-NWO
01-09-2012, 12:43 PM
I think child custody, child support, spousal support, ratio of men/women jailed and their terms, and workplace deaths are all important issues that need addressing. At the very least they show feminism to be at best out-dated and at worst a conspiracy to turn social relations on its head prima facie.

Does anyone have an opinion on this subject?

ShaneEnochs
01-09-2012, 12:46 PM
When I got a divorce, the judge didn't ask me or my lawyer any questions. She gave my ex everything she wanted and more.

KMA-NWO
01-09-2012, 12:56 PM
EXACTLY! Such is typical as of late!

How about "You should have wrapped it up before sticking it in" versus "You have the right to abort for ... x) Financial Hardship..." in Roe v. Wade and the whole safe haven drop points at hospitals and fire stations?

When I got a divorce, the judge didn't ask me or my lawyer any questions. She gave my ex everything she wanted and more.

BuddyRey
01-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Call me overly optimistic, but I kind of feel like Misandry is on the way out, at least on the cultural front. I remember being a kid when it was arguably at its highest, most inescapable saturation (the '90s through the early half of the '00s). There was a time when you couldn't even turn on your TV without seeing some conflict whose resolution inevitably involved a kick in the groin. Men, and especially fathers in sitcoms were always portrayed as childish and simpleminded dolts who were barely educable and needed constant shepherding from the wise, imperious, and longsuffering womenfolk.

I can't really blame the media for this ugly period; it was only an effort to correct generations of similar dismissive stereotypes against women themselves, and, like any market correction, it suffered the extremes and excesses that could have been avoided if its counterpart misogynistic bubble period hadn't lasted so long. But I am thankful it's over...I want to be a father someday and I'd like for my sons *and* my daughters to feel valuable, resourceful, and needed. I'd like to see a world where nobody has to feel slighted or socially underestimated because of their chromosomes.

tod evans
01-09-2012, 01:17 PM
I don't know if I agree with your position of using misandry to cry for equal rights under law?

Here's (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?346411-Question-about-Ron-and-quot-War-on-Abortion-quot&p=3975218&viewfull=1#post3975218) one post of mine wishing for equal treatment.

KMA-NWO
01-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Only way out: ban non-medical-reasons abortion and safe haven drops, or grant men an opt out (or better yet make him opt in if he wants) of fatherhood.

Or just get rid of support altogether. Instead of equalizing with money, equalize with time. 50/50 right out of the gate!

I don't know if I agree with your position of using misandry to cry for equal rights under law?

Here's (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?346411-Question-about-Ron-and-quot-War-on-Abortion-quot&p=3975218&viewfull=1#post3975218) one post of mine wishing for equal treatment.

ShaneEnochs
01-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Reverse sexism works just like reverse racism, imo.

tod evans
01-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Here's (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?341188-Where-does-Ron-Paul-stand-on-abortion-specifically-when-it-comes-to-RAPE&p=3895595&viewfull=1#post3895595) more for thought..