PDA

View Full Version : revamped image for teaparty07.com

mfoley1
11-09-2007, 11:29 PM
After a few suggestions to the graphics on the teaparty07.com site, I came up with this. Any more suggestions?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i132/mfoley2/newtea.jpg

Mckarnin
11-09-2007, 11:48 PM
After a few suggestions to the graphics on the teaparty07.com site, I came up with this. Any more suggestions?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i132/mfoley2/newtea.jpg

I like the better picture. I do wonder if using the possessive "Ron Paul's" is good since we are grassroots or if it should say something like "Ron Paul for President" at the top.

SonicInfinity
11-09-2007, 11:50 PM
I agree that the current one on the site is good enough. Using "Ron Paul's" will cause confusion and is unnecessary.

ronpaul4pres
11-10-2007, 12:22 AM
I agree that the current one on the site is good enough. Using "Ron Paul's" will cause confusion and is unnecessary.

I will echo this statement. This is grassroots effort not an official Ron Paul campaign site. mfoley1 has done an excellent job with the current image. The text of the website takes care of the rest.

Good job!

Flirple
11-10-2007, 12:32 AM
I'm not sure I agree. I think it is very important that one of the first things the eye sees is Ron's name. I respect the concern that this is an unofficial effort however. But I think it is better.

My only other piece of feedback is that instead of "Freedom Is Popular" in the bottom right wouldn't it make more sense to work in one of the slogans ("Brewing a new rEVOLution", "No Taxation for Occupation", etc.)?

son of liberty
11-10-2007, 12:50 AM
I like the "Ron Paul's Tea Party" sounds great. Like an invitation to a Party. Go with it, doesn't matter that its grassroots.

mfoley1
11-10-2007, 01:15 AM
someone mentioned the website have flags on it, how bout something like this?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i132/mfoley2/tpflag.jpg

Flirple
11-10-2007, 01:17 AM
Oh I like that!

Dlynne
11-10-2007, 01:20 AM
what happened to the "Liber-tea is Brewing" tagline. I loved that.

mfoley1
11-10-2007, 01:24 AM

no one has said anything to me about it.

Flirple
11-10-2007, 01:29 AM

Yeah I'm not saying which of the proposed new slogans would be best but I think we should at least use one of the many good Tea party specific tag lines instead of "Freedom is Popular" in the bottom right corner. Doesn't that make more sense?

LBT
11-10-2007, 01:34 AM
Flags look great!

And I like the idea of a personal invitation by Ron Paul to a New Revolution.

Would like to see a nice widget counter on the site too.

The copy could make a big difference in response rate. I'd be interested in some of us having a go at re-wording, targeting a good USP and creating an attractive Call to Action.

Also, some assurance that emails will not be sold or used for anything other than news reports of Ron Paul fundraising activities.

--------------------------------

As a side note, when sending out emails to the list for updates, it would be good if those emails had something designed for those people to forward to their email lists as a means of introduction to the teaparty07 event.

eg. I thought you might like to know about something that is changing the world of politics. This guy Ron Paul, considered a million to one outsider is now in contention for the presidency due to the way the Internet has changed the political process. (something along those lines so that each signer may be able to recruit several more.)

Flirple
11-10-2007, 01:38 AM
Flags look great!
Also, some assurance that emails will not be sold or used for anything other than news reports of Ron Paul fundraising activities.

--------------------------------
As a side note, when sending out emails to the list for updates, it would be good if those emails had something designed for those people to forward to their email lists as a means of introduction to the teaparty07 event.)

I agree.

Mckarnin
11-10-2007, 01:56 AM
The flags are nice.

wisconsinite
11-10-2007, 02:02 AM
I like the flags, but I think having any writing on the top part of the scroll makes it look cluttered.

seapilot
11-10-2007, 02:04 AM
Suggestions: Ron Paul's could be changed to Ron Paul that way it doesnt imply Ron Paul owns it but his name is there suggesting its a grass roots movement for Ron Paul.

Flags are nice.

Bottom...instead of Freedom is popular how about what Ron wrote on the New Hampshire Candidate filing form. He wrote FOR LIBERTY.. the Ship seized by John Hancock by the British at Boston was called Liberty and it was the Sons of Liberty that threw the tea off into Boston Harbor.It would look great to have FOR LIBERTY instead of Freedom is Popular.

And last not least this Video is awesome if you havent seen it...it will be great as the official video as it is very inspiring, powerful and put together very well with history and I believe it will get people to sign up immediately or intice them to donate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-3M2D3V94M

Thats all, you are doing an awesome job!

seapilot
11-10-2007, 02:40 AM
+1

Energy
11-10-2007, 02:44 AM
Flags are beautiful

Consider an apostrophe for the abbreviated year: '07

FreeTraveler
11-10-2007, 09:59 AM
How about "Freedom is Brewing" or "Liberty is Brewing" at the bottom instead of "Freedom is Popular"... helps keep the theme consistant.

Cali4RonPaul
11-10-2007, 10:16 AM
someone mentioned the website have flags on it, how bout something like this?

That looks way better, i think the tea party site needs more color and excitement..

SwordOfShannarah
11-10-2007, 10:17 AM
WOW! The flags rock. If that's an udated .psd please send it over when you're ready. :D

mfoley1
11-10-2007, 11:16 AM
WOW! The flags rock. If that's an udated .psd please send it over when you're ready. :D

its actually a table in html that i laid the seperate images in, I'll send some stuff over in abit.

Fig
11-10-2007, 12:18 PM

Make the top say "Ron Paul Revolution " with the Ron Paul Face and the bottom say Freedom is popular

Whatever the slogan we agree on, WE MUST put up the flags on the side. They're much better than jsut black :)