PDA

View Full Version : Media Idea....LOCAL TV ANTENNAS since cable tv is crashing.

SurfsUp
01-09-2012, 07:59 AM
I use the internet and a little antenna I got at radio shack. I get about 15 channels for my area in California. What I noticed is that there is a channel called, "THIS" and "ANTENNA TV" that both broadcast old tv shows from town to town, as a place 100 miles away carries the same channels. NONE OF THEM ARE A CBS, ABC OR NBC AFFILIATE.

This might be a good way to get the older vote and get into more homes. Broadcasting old movies, tvs shows and having a news hour. I know that in L.A. AND S.F. they have a lot of independent non cable tv channels that show local news and pro wrestling and crap like that. Why can't we do the same thing? Each city could get people to donate for such a tv tower or mini towers for the smaller towns. If we could get them in important cities then it would only help. I see no other way UNLESS WE START SOME YOUTUBE OR MAJOR HULU/JUSTIN.TV STYLE WEBSITE.(Which I don't see why we can't. Put ads on them just like youtube does). Emphasis on freedom of speech, non censorship. Something like that could take off on the net.

Aratus
01-09-2012, 08:03 AM
THIS has a website http://www.thistv.com/

SurfsUp
01-09-2012, 08:05 AM
THIS has a website http://www.thistv.com/

Apparently they're in Southern Oregon, The bay area, and L.A. too. So they must have many towers.

madengr
01-09-2012, 02:22 PM
The FCC will be a problem. Could probably do a pirate station though.

brandon
01-09-2012, 02:27 PM
I didn't know anyone still watched broadcast TV after the FCC banned analog transmissions.

ronpaulfollower999
01-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Apparently they're in Southern Oregon, The bay area, and L.A. too. So they must have many towers.

I get it OTA in South Florida. A lot of good classical movies.

GeorgiaAvenger
01-09-2012, 03:42 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?327670-TV-Advertising-Idea-Senior-Specific

I agree

SurfsUp
01-09-2012, 05:43 PM
The FCC will be a problem. Could probably do a pirate station though.

How would they be a problem? From what i've seen a lot of local stations do what they want cart blanch and it doesn't look like the fcc even cares.

I see independent broadcast tv popping up more and more now. Digital obviously btw.

SurfsUp
01-09-2012, 05:44 PM
I didn't know anyone still watched broadcast TV after the FCC banned analog transmissions.

I get 15 channels with the 2nd cheapest indoor antenna I bought at Radio Shack. I get three PBS channels. It's pretty cool. Two of the channels I get are like TCM or Nick at night.

GeorgiaAvenger
01-09-2012, 05:45 PM
I didn't know anyone still watched broadcast TV after the FCC banned analog transmissions.Right, its digital

The Free Hornet
01-09-2012, 05:54 PM

I get about 40 high-def channels including

ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS (lots), WGN, UPN, MeTV (Me2 too), Ion, Univision, Telemundo

It is paired with a high-def antenna DVR.

Edit: Reception is nearly flawless and the TV geeks will tell you that antenna often gets you the best picture (is uncompressed unlike some providers). Most channels are perfect 100% of the time and some channels will have the occasional blip. It is better than cable which can cut out for hours or satellite which would cut out under some very, very heavy rain/snows. I recommend that all ditch your cable/dish and spend a few hundred to set yourself up with a sweet, no-more-bills system. Pair with Netflix/Hulu+ with an HTPC and turn your high def screen into a giant monitor. There is more content online than from any cable provider.

sparebulb
01-09-2012, 06:23 PM
As people get poorer, I predict more people will shit-can cable and satellite tv and revert back to the old rooftop antenna. I have with no regrets, except for Breaking Bad, which I buy from Amazon.