PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Campaign Reporter Mystified by the Media Surge Embracing Huntsman

Constitutional Paulicy
01-09-2012, 07:58 AM
Straight from the horses mouth.....(at the 3:00 mark)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/vp/45907609#45907609

FreeTraveler
01-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Who's the presidential candidate she's talking about at the end who's not afraid to be on her show, and will be on tonight? Is that Ron?

blazeKing
01-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Of course hes mistified...If Ron Paul were not in second, the media wouldn't give ONE DAMN ABOUT HUNTSMAN.

Constitutional Paulicy
01-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Who's the presidential candidate she's talking about at the end who's not afraid to be on her show, and will be on tonight? Is that Ron?

I'm guessing that's the case. I haven't heard anything though.

Cinderella
01-09-2012, 08:15 AM
she looks ridiculous! how can anyone take her seriously?

Constitutional Paulicy
01-09-2012, 08:25 AM

The reporter who made the comments is the Asian girl. I forget her name. She says she has been following Huntsman regularly and he usually just strolls up to a small number of reporters casually after a speech. Now she says they are bombarding him. She seems very mystified by it.

As for Maddow, I often have a difficult time not wanting to gag when she gets all goofy with her reporting. But her team does some serious research on topics and reports a lot of stuff that shouldn't go unnoticed. The sad thing is she is soooo biased with her reporting on Obama. It's major spin for the Democratic party. I wish we could get back to the old-school approach of reporting when the media was mostly unbiased.

kylejack
01-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Of course hes mistified...If Ron Paul were not in second, the media wouldn't give ONE DAMN ABOUT HUNTSMAN.
she

kylejack
01-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Because news reporting is all that matters, not gender-normative personal appearance stuff.

LisaNY
01-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Hunstman is not a serious candidate. He didn't bother going to Iowa and will not be on the ballots in Virginia, Illinois and many other states. His campaign is a total sham, a ruse de gurre if ever there was one.

moonbat
01-09-2012, 08:44 AM

She was talking about Buddy Roemer. He was on right after that clip aired.

Constitutional Paulicy
01-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Because news reporting is all that matters, not gender-normative personal appearance stuff.

I think she may have meant Maddow looks ridiculous with her behavior which I agree with. And I think your spot on with the gender-normative ideal. The one look that I would be most critical of is the dolled-up stereotypical Barbie Doll look you see repeated over and over again on Fox News. It's so blatant it's laughable.

Constitutional Paulicy
01-09-2012, 08:47 AM
She was talking about Buddy Roemer. He was on right after that clip aired.

Bummer. I so hoped we would see Dr. Paul. He has been on her show in the past and Maddow was very fair to him for the most part.

KingNothing
01-09-2012, 08:51 AM
If I was nerdier and more masculine, I know I'd look like Maddow.

mosquitobite
01-09-2012, 08:54 AM
This was my status on Jan 4th. I just bumped it:

Let me break it down in simple terms:
The media pushed Santorum at the last minute so that the people of Iowa wouldn't have time to vet him. Tie for Romney & Santorum with Paul just eeked out.
They'll be pushing Jon Huntsman next for New Hampshire. My prediction is a Romney/Huntsman tie with again RP in third.
After that the media will bump up Perry for S. Carolina. Probably again Perry/Romney with Paul in 3rd.
Ask yourself why?
If you can't figure it out then you're part of the problem. Now figure out how to become part of the solution. If you want to know, feel free to ask.

Lafayette
01-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Bummer. I so hoped we would see Dr. Paul. He has been on her show in the past and Maddow was very fair to him for the most part.

No way in hell, if Paul was on it would go like this.... "Racist! Why are you such a racist, Congressmen? Racism! Civil rights act!!! Racist! News Letters! Racism! You hate Jews! Racist!" She has done it to him in the past and to Rand as well.

If she was to talk about his opposition to the NDAA or the wars, or the many other things she supposedly stands against, maybe... but we know that won't happen because it would make Obama look bad and we can't be having that... no sir.

rprprs
01-09-2012, 09:10 AM
mosquitobite
This was my status on Jan 4th. I just bumped it:

Let me break it down in simple terms:
The media pushed Santorum at the last minute so that the people of Iowa wouldn't have time to vet him. Tie for Romney & Santorum with Paul just eeked out.
They'll be pushing Jon Huntsman next for New Hampshire. My prediction is a Romney/Huntsman tie with again RP in third.
After that the media will bump up Perry for S. Carolina. Probably again Perry/Romney with Paul in 3rd.
Ask yourself why?
If you can't figure it out then you're part of the problem. Now figure out how to become part of the solution. If you want to know, feel free to ask.
I agree with your general scenario. But is a Romney/Huntsman tie possible in NH? Are they that powerful?

mosquitobite
01-09-2012, 02:00 PM
I agree with your general scenario. But is a Romney/Huntsman tie possible in NH? Are they that powerful?

ha! have you not seen the videos of NH from last time? Serious voting corruption there.