PDA

View Full Version : Suffolk 1/7-8 Romney 33% Paul 20% Huntsman 13%

rp2012win
01-09-2012, 06:38 AM
New poll out from Suffolk looks good for us. They say the race is for 3rd.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/politics/12006378055385/suffolk-university-poll/#ixzz1iyhgHWND

RonPaulFanInGA
01-09-2012, 06:41 AM
Paul flat, Huntsman up two from yesterday (35/20/11).

pauladin
01-09-2012, 06:41 AM
very nice. looks like the debates may have hurt romney a bit.

pauladin
01-09-2012, 06:47 AM
Is there a link to poll results anywhere?

Student Of Paulism
01-09-2012, 06:47 AM
Paul flat, Huntsman up two from yesterday (35/20/11).

Yea..would have been nice if he went up a couple points, but its something :-/ Apparently Dunceman is taking Romney's votes a bit.

Honestly, its always something. Like what's next, Ron will be 2nd in some other state down the line, and then when Huntsman and Perry are out of it, someone else will jump in the race to syphon votes from Ron....such as...wait for it.....DONALD MUDDAFUGGIN TRUMP! :rolleyes:

james1906
01-09-2012, 06:50 AM
OMGz!!!111 its the huntsman surge!

bluesc
01-09-2012, 06:50 AM
Romney is crashing. 13 point gap now. Looking good.

rp2012win
01-09-2012, 06:51 AM
Is there a link to poll results anywhere?They will probably be out soon. CNN had the new results out.

Rafi
01-09-2012, 07:05 AM
God -

Please be with Ron over the next 48 hours and give his numbers just a little push.

rp2012win
01-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Suffolk guy just on CNN talking about it said paul had a 22-23% ceiling. I'll take 23%.

HAHA...some chick on CNN said if he gets 2nd he is going to have to explain his newsletters because he's been given a pass on them!

Liberty74
01-09-2012, 07:10 AM
Where's the bottom tier?

LiveForHonortune
There's a lot of undecided voters still so at this point it's anyone's game.

KingNothing
23-percent for us is plenty to win second place. I'll take it!

Liberty74
01-09-2012, 07:11 AM
God -

Please be with Ron over the next 48 hours and give his numbers just a little push.

We are down to about 36 hours now...;)

KingNothing
01-09-2012, 07:19 AM
Holding steady at 20-percent in this poll is mighty fine. If they release numbers tomorrow morning that show us at 20-percent, I will rest easy for a few hours.

AngryCanadian
01-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Suffolk guy just on CNN talking about it said paul had a 22-23% ceiling. I'll take 23%.

HAHA...some chick on CNN said if he gets 2nd he is going to have to explain his newsletters because he's been given a pass on them!
How about explain that Ron Paul voted for MLK? and the newsletters attacks wont work :mad:

wgadget
01-09-2012, 07:28 AM
I guarantee that this poll will NOT be talked about by the MSM.

Anywhere.

pauladin
01-09-2012, 07:30 AM

Anywhere.

I just saw it on the MSM. Can't remember if it was CNN or MSNBC though.

Nikolaib
01-09-2012, 07:30 AM
How about explain that Ron Paul voted for MLK? and the newsletters attacks wont work :mad:

That won't work. "I admire MLK" will become the new "I have black friends"

01-09-2012, 07:33 AM
It's getting closer. If Ron could somehow catch Romney late because he's a good match to the population of NH like frothy was a good match to the population of IA it would be amazing. Second is good though.

You know Huntsman is going to be fluffed on CNN and faux all day and night.

JohnGalt23g
01-09-2012, 07:33 AM
We are down to about 36 hours now...;)

Actually, the first votes will be cast in less than 16 hours.

pauladin
01-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Hopefully these Suffolk polls are accurate and we'll see the trend continuing with something like Romney 31-30%, Paul 20-21%, Huntsman 15-16%

Kevin Smyth
01-09-2012, 07:42 AM

It starts in the morning?

Liberty74
That won't work. "I admire MLK" will become the new "I have black friends"

Paul is the anti-racist unlike the Democrats who use government racism.

JohnGalt23g

Actually, the counter-factual to that could be argued... that in fact it would be hard to argue that any of the voters of NH didn't know about the newsletters, and yet they still voted for him, given that knowledge.

That right there is a might powerful argument that it is a tempest in a tea pot.

rp2012win
01-09-2012, 10:23 AM
"Ron paul looks safe for 2nd. The race is for 3rd"

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/politics/12006378055385/suffolk-university-poll/#ixzz1iyhgHWND

muh_roads
01-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Romney is crashing. 13 point gap now. Looking good.

If only we had a few more days.

ronpaulitician
01-09-2012, 10:32 AM

You mean like Santorum, after placing 1st/2nd in Iowa, had to explain saying this (http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-04-23-santorum-excerpt_x.htm) about the Catholic church sex scandals?

In this case, what we're talking about, basically, is priests who were having sexual relations with post-pubescent men. We're not talking about priests with 3-year-olds, or 5-year-olds. We're talking about a basic homosexual relationship. Which, again, according to the world view sense is a a perfectly fine relationship as long as it's consensual between people. If you view the world that way, and you say that's fine, you would assume that you would see more of it.
Stop tweeting, MSM. Start doing research.

BUSHLIED
01-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Ron is only doing two events in NH today? Come on campaign, he should be doing as many as he can....

specsaregood
01-09-2012, 10:40 AM

Was there any mention of when Romney will have to explain defering from the vietnam war and instead going on a mission to promote a church that did not allow blacks to participate in activities; at the same time that black americans were fighting and dying in vietnam?

No Free Beer
01-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Don't show this to the media.

American Idol
01-09-2012, 10:42 AM
The narrative should be that only Paul has the resources and support to compete with Romney. Only Paul and Romney are on the ballot everywhere. The others will be dropping out soon, so vote for Paul or else Romney gets an easy, free ride, which is boring.

CaptUSA
01-09-2012, 10:45 AM
"Ron paul looks safe for 2nd. The race is for 3rd"

I know you're quoting the article, but no way Paul is safe for 2nd! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the Romney camp allows some of their support go to Huntsman just to keep Paul off their backs.

tommyzDad
01-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Stop tweeting, MSM. Start doing research.

I just tried to Tweet this and Twitter's "overcapacity". LOLz.

EndTheECB
01-09-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and call 2nd place in the NH primary for... Congressman Ron Paul!

Romney 31%
Ron Paul 23%
-----

Remember who wrote it first!

HOLLYWOOD
01-09-2012, 11:19 AM
FOX NEWS just had a 5 Minute Infomercial for Jon Huntsman. Unbelieveably biased.

Jennifer Donahue, Eisenhower Institute of Public Policy and Getty College made coolaid statements:
"Ron Paul is just sucking the air, taking up the oxygen that Huntsman would be getting."

"Ron Paul has succeeded in the polls"

"His support is no longer solid"

"His campaign lacks energy"

"Ron Paul supporters didn't come out for him in 2008 and they won't again."

FAUX Anchor:
Well, our latest poll has Ron Paul in 3rd

Then later that same FOX hack says reluctantly and almost cringing... Well, the polls show Ron Paul in 2nd, DOES HE(RP) become the spoiler to Huntsman?A

Absolutely Disgusting

rp2012win
01-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Nate Silver @fivethirtyeight 1h
Has become thinkable that Romney could lose tomorrow. Certainly not likely but thinkable.

kylejack
01-09-2012, 11:35 AM
I think a Huntsman surge could be okay. I don't think he has much of a chance past New Hampshire, and I think he could damage Romney in New Hampshire and make him touchable for us. Right now Romney is out of reach.

Tecla
01-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Was there any mention of when Romney will have to explain defering from the vietnam war and instead going on a mission to promote a church that did not allow blacks to participate in activities; at the same time that black americans were fighting and dying in vietnam?

*Ahem* I went on a mission for the LDS church to Spain in 2000-2002, and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. My grandpa wanted to go on a mission, but the military wasn't allowing the LDS church to send out every young man who wanted to go, and he ended up getting sent to South Korea instead (he later became a Republican legislator in Utah and nearly won a race to go to the US congress). There were a lot of my grandpa's generation that wanted to go on missions but the US gov't wouldn't let them; my understanding is it was only 1 in 5 or 10 that were being allowed to go on missions. That's pretty dang anti-freedom, and in my opinion anti-religious-freedom in particular, and not something to nail Romney about simply because he was one of those lucky enough to get a deferment for a mission (he's got plenty of other stuff, though).

As far as the "did not allow blacks to participate in activities," that's misleading; it was only certain activities, which is embarrassing enough, and I am *SO* glad that President Kimball was able to change that in 1978. I just went to the baptism of a man who is from the Ivory Coast and immigrated here, and he loves it in our congregation, and he isn't treated any different any any other member.

Don't ding Romney on this one. Ding him instead on RomneyCare, military aggression, and overall nobody having a clue as to where he really stands on, well, anything. I'm also asking you as one Ron Paul supporter to another, don't attack his (and my) religion please, as there are a *ton* of us that support Ron. I just got another LDS person this last week to come around enough that he said he would totally vote for Ron, and that he's softening up on his qualms about Ron's foreign policy. LDS people very strongly believe in freedom, so you just have to show them convincingly which candidate really supports it and they'll become advocates.

My cousin's wife writes a bunch at examiner.com that you all would find great reading:

http://www.examiner.com/independent-in-salt-lake-city/jenn-morrill
http://www.examiner.com/independent-in-salt-lake-city/why-mormons-love-mitt-when-they-should-vote-for-ron-paul

Don't worry, a lot of LDS people can see through Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman.

Ssd
01-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Wow, the hate here is crazy. Mormons are nice people and we need their vote. They may be a bit forceful in spreading their religion but they have every right to. Romney's excuse was perfectly reasonable. What wasn't reasonable was that he supported the draft and war and then was on the next plane to France. The very least he could have done is stay neutral as he knew he wasn't going to fight in it.

specsaregood
01-09-2012, 12:08 PM
*Ahem* I went on a mission for the LDS church to Spain in 2000-2002, and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Sure, I'm glad. I have no problem with that.
But facts are facts. And at the time that Romney was promoting the church it practiced racial discrimination and romney did not participate in protests seeking to change it. But I started another thread for the subject if you want to discuss it further.

sailingaway
01-09-2012, 12:10 PM
OK, I don't know what to believe. The PPP one still concerns me. I don't know how accurate this one usually is. The problem is Ron and Huntsman both have cross over votes and those are the hardest to get to come out, and are picked up widely differently by different polls. Don't relax.

Dr.3D
01-09-2012, 12:18 PM

Anywhere.

Fox just put it up. It even shows Paul at 20% and Romney at 33%.

seeker4sho
01-09-2012, 12:54 PM
They will probably be out soon. CNN had the new results out.

I am very suspect of any CNN poll -- they did a hit job on Ron this morning. I would not be surprised if they conduct their poll in their board room.

JJ2
01-09-2012, 03:06 PM
I think a Huntsman surge could be okay. I don't think he has much of a chance past New Hampshire, and I think he could damage Romney in New Hampshire and make him touchable for us. Right now Romney is out of reach.

This is what I was afraid of when everyone wanted to "stop" Huntsman. He can take votes away from Romney!

Notice that Newt and Huntsman went up, Romney down, Paul the same, after the debates. If only they had given Paul an equal and fair amount of airtime in the debates, he would have gone up!

They barely let him speak. It's disgusting!

James Madison
01-09-2012, 03:08 PM
This is what I was afraid of when everyone wanted to "stop" Huntsman. He can take votes away from Romney!

Notice that Newt and Huntsman went up, Romney down, Paul the same, after the debates. If only they had given Paul an equal and fair amount of airtime in the debates, he would have gone up!

They barely let him speak. It's disgusting!

He takes votes from Ron, too! Votes that could be the difference between a 2nd and 3rd place finish. If RP gets 3rd behind Huntsman, the media will be able to say 'see, we told you so...he can't win'.

JJ2
01-09-2012, 03:12 PM
He takes votes from Ron, too! Votes that could be the difference between a 2nd and 3rd place finish. If RP gets 3rd behind Huntsman, the media will be able to say 'see, we told you so...he can't win'.

Perhaps, but he could also help us WIN. Romney down, Huntsman up, Paul same in this latest tracking poll. It's definitely tricky, though.

WIwarrior
01-09-2012, 03:14 PM
I would think these polls are under polling Ron. We havn't budged from 20% and I think it is likely we have gained a good 5-10% from that. The debates and ads have made an impact in my opinion. I still have a great feeling about NH.

Wolfgang Bohringer
01-09-2012, 03:31 PM

If only Ron would respond to the moderators as you suggest here the next time they ask him.

I really think Ron needs to talk about working at that hospital in the midst of those bigots that tried to deny service to his black patients. It would put a human face on all of the human beings that are being used as props in this circus. Ron could bring it all the way around and talk about how he knows that Mitt is not and never has been a racist, but 30 years ago Mitt had to live in a racist religious environment the same way that Ron did at that hospital. He could say that both he and Mitt did the right thing and lead by example.

Wolfgang Bohringer
01-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Skipping out on a war that you claimed to believe in is another matter, of course.

eduardo89
01-09-2012, 03:35 PM

Actually the first votes have already been cast (absentee ballots)

specsaregood
01-09-2012, 03:38 PM
If only Ron would respond to the moderators as you suggest here the next time they ask him.

I really think Ron needs to talk about working at that hospital in the midst of those bigots that tried to deny service to his black patients. It would put a human face on all of the human beings that are being used as props in this circus. Ron could bring it all the way around and talk about how he knows that Mitt is not and never has been a racist, but 30 years ago Mitt had to live in a racist religious environment the same way that Ron did at that hospital. He could say that both he and Mitt did the right thing and lead by example.

Except Mitt didn't, he avoided protesting the bigotry and promoted the bigotted beliefs.

kill the banks
01-09-2012, 03:46 PM
push like hell to the end ... if mitt fails here to get voters out you just never know ... plus knock out the other obama man as best you can ... keep working like it's overtime game 7

Wolfgang Bohringer
01-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Except Mitt didn't, he avoided protesting the bigotry and promoted the bigotted beliefs.

Maybe Ron could play dumb and act as though Ron didn't know that Mitt had aided and abetted his church's bigotry in the past and maybe Ron should only attack him on his chicken-hawked cowardice. This would highlight Ron's wisdom in cutting Mitt a break on the media spectacle of the race issue, while at the same time focusing on the immediate importance of Mitt's continued chicken-hawkedness; and this would also show the absurdity of attacking a courageous doctor who stood up to racists in his midst--all at once.

ronpaulhemp
01-09-2012, 04:48 PM
I really hope Ron can keep pulling in undecided voters. 20% is solid second place but if he can keep eating away at Romney's lead 1st place isn't IMPOSSIBLE.

mmadness
01-09-2012, 04:50 PM
push like hell to the end ... if mitt fails here to get voters out you just never know ... plus knock out the other obama man as best you can ... keep working like it's overtime game 7

THIS THIS THIS

tribute_13
01-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Another good thing to take into consideration, Romney has such a commanding lead that some of his soft support won't bother showing up to the polls.

PauliticsPolitics
01-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Here are the links to the official pdfs:

MARGINALS: http://www.suffolk.edu/images/content/FINAL_NH_Marginals_Jan_9.pdf
(http://www.suffolk.edu/images/content/FINAL_NH_Marginals_Jan_9.pdf)
CROSS TABS: http://www.suffolk.edu/images/content/FINAL_NH_Tables_Jan_9.pdf

(http://www.suffolk.edu/images/content/FINAL_NH_Tables_Jan_9.pdf)These sort of things belong in the Original post...

thoughtomator
01-09-2012, 05:12 PM
So the real headline here is Romney support in NH collapsing

wonder if anyone is going to write it...

pauladin
01-09-2012, 05:13 PM
You can subtract 1 more percent from Romney after that "I like to be able to fire people" comment, out of context or not.

Cortes
01-09-2012, 05:18 PM
My eyes are on the delegates. Keep the solid performance from Iowa and the delegate investment remains awesome after NH.

Even if Hunts Ketchup Man finishes before him. I can seriously see that happening. Even if it does, the delegates Ron will get trump that in terms of actual results.

Straw polls don't elect candidates. Delegates do.

Omnica
01-09-2012, 05:54 PM
DIXVILLE NOTCH, N.H. -- Voters in Dixville Notch and Hart's Location will be the first to cast their ballots in Tuesday's first-in-the-nation primary.
Nine residents of Dixville Notch will cast their ballots just after midnight Tuesday. Two of those voters are registered Democrats, three are registered Republicans and four are undecided.
The ballots will only take a couple of minutes to count.
Even though the Balsams Resort is closed for renovation work, the hotel will reopen for this traditional voting event.
Residents of Hart's Location will also cast their ballots at midnight on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/new-hampshire-pr...#ixzz1j0AqrcZc

kylejack
01-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Heh, undecided? More like Independent.

ItsTime
01-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Heh, undecided? More like Independent.

More like "undeclared" ;)

rp2012win
01-09-2012, 06:14 PM
David Frum (yes, I know) was just on CNN and said this is going to be a ron paul vs mitt romney for the nomination and dismissed santorum and gingrich because they are expected to be 3, 4, or 5 in NH. He did say Romney would make quick work of him, but coming from Frum that is huge.

WD-NY
01-09-2012, 06:18 PM
David Frum (yes, I know) was just on CNN and said this is going to be a ron paul vs mitt romney for the nomination and dismissed santorum and gingrich because they are expected to be 3, 4, or 5 in NH. He did say Romney would make quick work of him, but coming from Frum that is huge.

Tube or it didn't happen! =P

JJ2
01-10-2012, 12:52 AM
I don't know if anyone brought this up, but the tracking poll had 62% Rep. only 35% Ind. This is higher Rep./lower Ind. than previous polls.