PDA

View Full Version : $100 is chump change....everyone should shoot for $200 min

max
11-09-2007, 10:47 PM
For those of you considering a donation of UNDER $100...please consider this...

35 days to go...thats 5 weeks to save at a pace of $40 per week...$5.75 per day for an historical event that could alter the course of history...

sell something...cut back on something...set up a coin jar....borrow...or charge to the Visa...or get a loan against your 401 K...cash a CD.....

please consider going all in if you can, because frankly....and I dont mean this to be alarmist....but our money will soon be WORTHLESS if the course of events is not altered....

believe me, the pain of the coming crisis will be a whole lot worse than the pain of giving all you got on this historic day in US history..

I know some of you here are young students..and some may be struggling in life...but FIND A WAY to come up with $200 MINIMUM....$5 per day

If you are doing OK in life...then at least $1000 wont hurt you.

If you make good money and live comfortably....GO ALL IN!

Just imagine how good you will feel the day after when the media's collective jaws drop and we generate 100 million more in FREE publicity..

This is a movement that - fail or succeeed - future generations will talk about (thats if the history books arent Orwellianized)..

No pain , no gain...MAKE IT HURT!

deronde
11-09-2007, 11:04 PM
If I could afford it I would.. but being a jobless student it's not so easy.. $200 is a lot of ramen! I will however do everything I can to subscribe new people to the movement and let them know about the date/website.. and will donate what I can afford!

slantedview
11-09-2007, 11:07 PM
At least, maybe the language on the site could be changed to encourage AT LEAST 100.

max
11-09-2007, 11:07 PM
If I could afford it I would.. but being a jobless student it's not so easy.. $200 is a lot of ramen! I will however do everything I can to subscribe new people to the movement and let them know about the date/website.. and will donate what I can afford!

when i was in college I used to donate blood....LOL...seriously

Actually, as a student you can do more for the campaign than our cash ever could.....talk to others and maybe shake down some sympathetic professors...

get mom and dad and relatives on board

Midnight77
11-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Just charge it to the credit card, like everything else. This is the best possible thing we can do for our country and we're getting one shot at it. I'm going to shoot for $200.

James R
11-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Max, can you spare me some change?

max
11-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Max, can you spare me some change?

After I've maxed out get back to me.

Of course...anything I give you must be used solely for food. OK? ;)

Gimme Some Truth
11-10-2007, 12:21 AM
when i was in college I used to donate blood....LOL...seriously

Thats actually a good idea. Give(instead of shed) blood for your country! :D

Use the money to donate to Ron

(Once your'e all out of blood you can give sperm! lol )

deronde
11-13-2007, 11:11 AM
haha, already been down the CC road.. ended quite badly :\

krott5333
11-13-2007, 11:27 AM
ill probably go $500..

and I make $8.75 an hour, and I'm horribly in debt.

Hope that gives you guys the motivation to dig deeper!

fade
11-13-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm a college student making $30 a week and about to move from lawrence, ks to denver. I'll be saving up for that $100 though.

Charles Wilson
11-13-2007, 12:25 PM
This election is a once in a life time opportunity. I will donate 200.00 dollars -- maybe more. I encourage everyone to donate what you can afford up to the 2300.00 limit per person. I have 900.00 left before I reach my maximum allowed.

CelestialRender
11-13-2007, 01:32 PM
I make less than $10 an hour, but I'm cutting ALL unnecessary spending for this drive. My pledge is $234 (for the anniversary), but I'm gonna try to see if I can't scrape together $500.

craezie
11-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Reading the other thread about the man who donated a full page ad in the USA Today inspired me.

I really don't think that supporting Ron Paul is consistent with the idea (as others have suggested) of charging a large donation that you cannot afford, especially if you are already seriously in debt. Regardless of how good the cause is, living within your means is one of the keys to being a responsible American citizen and ensuring that you do not need the public assistance that is bankrupting this nation.

However, I do believe in sacrifice for liberty. I was planning on giving $100 on Dec. 16. After thinking it over, we are going to give $1000. Since we do not go into debt for spending, where am I going to get the money? Well it turns out that our Christmas budget this year is a little over $1000. This year, instead of buying a bunch of stuff that I'm not sure people even need or like to clutter up their homes, I am going to spend $30 on baking supplies and use the time I would have been at the mall to bake like mad. Luckily I'm a fantastic baker, and friends and family are always clamoring for me to make things, but I never have time. This year the people on my gift list will receive a tray of cinnamon rolls or plate of cookies with a note reminding them to be grateful for the blessings of freedom that they have enjoyed in this country. Maybe it will even open up the door to talk to some of them about Ron Paul!

If you really cannot afford to give a large donation, maybe you need to be donating your time and efforts instead. Spend $10 making 200 copies of the Ron Paul issue bullet points (making sure you include the tea party web address) and hit the neighborhood. You will almost certainly introduce someone to Ron Paul who hadn't heard of him before, probably get at least one donation, and hopefully some voters! Money matters, but the message of freedom matters more!

jpinkerton
11-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Definately, they stated on one of the videos the media coverage from the 5th was in the 8 figure range. 10,000,000 as a minimum worth of media coverage from the 4million raised. If you can spend $10 to print off flyers (10-20cents a copy, 100-200 flyers) take them around and pass them out.

Even if you can only donate $10 on the 16th, donate only $10.

If you get a sandwhich, drink and fries at a fast food joint you can easily spend $5. If you do that once a day between now and the 16th you'll have spent $160. So even if it's out to eat every other day that's $80.

As someone said you can sell plasma...or sperm (lol) and put that money in a seperate account. Sell some items on eBay, get with your local Meetup group and organize events to pass out Slim Jims, flyers, teabags, etc....

Some people have more time than money, some have more money than time. - Forget who said it but pick one that applies to you and use it wisely.