PDA

View Full Version : New Bill: EEA, even worse than the NDAA - Enemy Expatriation Act

Razmear
01-09-2012, 12:17 AM
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/01/06/new-bill-known-as-enemy-expatriation-act-would-allow-government-to-strip-citizenship-without-conviction/

Snip:
Congress is considering HR 3166 and S. 1698 also known as the Enemy Expatriation Act, sponsored by Joe Lieberman (I-CT) and Charles Dent (R-PA). This bill would give the US government the power to strip Americans of their citizenship without being convicted of being “hostile” against the United States. In other words, you can be stripped of your nationality for “engaging in, or purposefully and materially supporting, hostilities against the United States.” Legally, the term “hostilities” means any conflict subject to the laws of war but considering the fact that the War on Terror is a little ambiguous and encompassing, any action could be labeled as supporting terrorism. Since the Occupy movement began, conservatives have been trying to paint the protesters as terrorists.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-09-2012, 01:11 AM
Lieberman is such an idiot. A natural born American can't be stripped of their citizenship.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-09-2012, 03:31 AM
I suppose that sayin' we may need another Runnymede, or Bunker Hill would cause me to be shipped off indefinitely, stripped of all my natural rights, and all on the King's sorry Executive's say-so. Yeah, we are broaching that point folks.

GunnyFreedom
01-09-2012, 03:47 AM
Yeah, I've been watching this one for a bit now.
I never thought it could get this far without the people losing it and rising up.
I am sooo disappointed in the American people.

I see the blasé reaction to NDAA and EEA, and it's hard not to think that America is already dead, she just hasn't figured it out yet.

I see people trying to excuse or defend PATRIOT, NDAA, EEA, and I know that these are the enemies of the Republic just as surely as the brownshirts were the enemy of Weimar.

but in all their zombified ignorant glory they are absolutely impervious to reason or righteousness.

I need, a refill of hope. My very soul aches, and my heart is crushed and broken.

I won't give up. I can't give up. I am in this fight until we win or I die.

But sometimes, Lord knows, these rat bastards sure do make me want to give up. :( Leave them to the fate they are creating. Subject them to the horrific nightmare they are helping to narrate.

God help us. We sure need it.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-09-2012, 03:49 AM
Yeah, I've been watching this one for a bit now.
I never thought it could get this far without the people losing it and rising up.
I am sooo disappointed in the American people.

I see the blasé reaction to NDAA and EEA, and it's hard not to think that America is already dead, she just hasn't figured it out yet.

I see people trying to excuse or defend PATRIOT, NDAA, EEA, and I know that these are the enemies of the Republic just as surely as the brownshirts were the enemy of Weimar.

but in all their zombified ignorant glory they are absolutely impervious to reason or righteousness.

I need, a refill of hope. My very soul aches, and my heart is crushed and broken.

I won't give up. I can't give up. I am in this fight until we win or I die.

But sometimes, Lord knows, these rat bastards sure do make me want to give up. :( Leave them to the fate they are creating. Subject them to the horrific nightmare they are helping to narrate.

God help us. We sure need it.
Yeah, it's like watching a boat slowly sink, like the white van in inception.