PDA

View Full Version : Re-using city/town seized signs

sunsense
01-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Can people spread this far and wide to all RP supporters.

Most Cities/towns collect incorrectly placed signs on public property, lamp posts, telephone posts etc.

One of our members found that when he went down to the city brush/recycling dump, he was allowed to take the confiscated signs from a dumpster. We have collected about one hundred in one day.

These are typically 1 x 2 feet with the metal frame/legs so you can pin them into the ground. They are often corrugated plastic and you can easily paint them. Paint a white background and when dry, use colors after you have made stencils and spray paint or use a brush.

Please spread this to all volunteers.

NOTE: Don't go to the city or sanitation dept. Go direct to the dump and ask the guy on duty. Say you want to recycle them.

Please get this out far and wide. Its time to make lot's of signs and get them up.

Keep the faith and make Ron Paul proud.

helmuth_hubener
01-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Excellent grassroots idea.

Razmear
01-09-2012, 12:02 AM
Also, if you want to make your own signs, check your local billboard companies. They have to pay to dispose of old billboard material, so they will let you haul it off for free. Google should get you the phone number of one nearby to pick up a truckload full. You can get almost 100 "pole hangers" per sheet, which is probably the most bang for the buck.
Pic of me and my wife making poll hangers today. They are vertical Ron Paul signs that will be stapled to telephone polls.
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/395088_10150516668554674_562194673_8582911_1741354 680_n.jpg

helmuth_hubener
01-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Also brings up the point: remember to take down your own signs so they don't get swept up in the clean-up. Then you can put them out again a couple weeks later :).

sunsense
01-09-2012, 01:08 PM
I've just spent/wasted about an hour on the forum scanning through the threads.

There is a lot of TALK about the media, voting machines, other conspiracy theories, of getting shafted by the Republican machine, criticizing what other people are doing.

How about people actually get out, make signs, put signs up, hand out brochures and engage people, door canvassing, produce video's, organize and encourage other people to also get out and physically help. All around the high traffic areas. Like sporting events, major intersections, supermarkets, home repair outlets, outside colleges and Universities. If its a closed primary, get the Republican list and walk/canvass your neighborhood.

All this other talk is not really productive to the campaign.

Ron Paul supporters in Florida, as I am, will independently pick up the slack and pay for materials if the campaign puts resources elsewhere. We are independent minded and spirited. We don't need a handout to get our job done. Publicity is wearing RP T-shirts and buttons. Carrying publicity brochures in our vehicles and in our pockets. Having bumper stickers on our cars. Making and putting up signs, be they yard, lamp post or whatever. Engaging people in our travels wherever we go. Waving signs at major intersections. Anything to get Ron's name noticed, make people think and research him. Entice the local media to do reports. Build and expand the growing number of volunteers, that will hit the streets and get the message out. Numbers count. Here, at the moment in Florida, registered Republicans. But Independents and Democrats know and are sometimes friends of some Republicans, so they can often sway them to look and even vote for RP. Every voter counts. We need boots on the ground.

parocks
01-09-2012, 01:40 PM
^^^^

It's almost like you think that Grassroots Activism should be discussed in the Grassroots Activism section.

helmuth_hubener
01-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Thank you, sunsense. Work hard, have fun, and spread the message!

Luieburger
01-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Good idea.

I'm going down to CA immediately after the WA caucuses. I've seen several signs around my area for Ron Paul. Perhaps I should pick them up the day after the caucus and head south.

helmuth_hubener
01-11-2012, 02:15 PM
The OPs point was that everyone's signs get picked up. All the signs are swept up. These signs, for whatever random candidates in whatever random races, can be re-painted for Ron Paul.

Here's a video to motivate any would-be sign painters and give you some ideas of how to do it, too (though they were painting Tyvek -- very cheap at the hardware store, by the way -- not used Coroplast signs).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZqO40YKxP8

ZanZibar
01-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Back in 08 our local city called us and told us they had taken down all of our signs and asked if we wanted to come by and pick them up lol.

heavenlyboy34
01-11-2012, 02:31 PM
I've just spent/wasted about an hour on the forum scanning through the threads.

There is a lot of TALK about the media, voting machines, other conspiracy theories, of getting shafted by the Republican machine, criticizing what other people are doing.

How about people actually get out, make signs, put signs up, hand out brochures and engage people, door canvassing, produce video's, organize and encourage other people to also get out and physically help. All around the high traffic areas. Like sporting events, major intersections, supermarkets, home repair outlets, outside colleges and Universities. If its a closed primary, get the Republican list and walk/canvass your neighborhood.

All this other talk is not really productive to the campaign.

Ron Paul supporters in Florida, as I am, will independently pick up the slack and pay for materials if the campaign puts resources elsewhere. We are independent minded and spirited. We don't need a handout to get our job done. Publicity is wearing RP T-shirts and buttons. Carrying publicity brochures in our vehicles and in our pockets. Having bumper stickers on our cars. Making and putting up signs, be they yard, lamp post or whatever. Engaging people in our travels wherever we go. Waving signs at major intersections. Anything to get Ron's name noticed, make people think and research him. Entice the local media to do reports. Build and expand the growing number of volunteers, that will hit the streets and get the message out. Numbers count. Here, at the moment in Florida, registered Republicans. But Independents and Democrats know and are sometimes friends of some Republicans, so they can often sway them to look and even vote for RP. Every voter counts. We need boots on the ground.
Some of us are doing that! :D ;)

hopeforamerica
01-11-2012, 02:44 PM
The OPs point was that everyone's signs get picked up. All the signs are swept up. These signs, for whatever random candidates in whatever random races, can be re-painted for Ron Paul.

Here's a video to motivate any would-be sign painters and give you some ideas of how to do it, too (though they were painting Tyvek -- very cheap at the hardware store, by the way -- not used Coroplast signs).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZqO40YKxP8

I made this video!!! I haven't been on the forums this election cycle much, but decided to check in today and found my video. Good times! Getting ready to hit of the Republican conventions the next two weekend in Phoenix. So happy to see so many new people here!!

helmuth_hubener
01-11-2012, 02:48 PM
I made this video!!! I haven't been on the forums this election cycle much, but decided to check in today and found my video. Good times! Getting ready to hit of the Republican conventions the next two weekend in Phoenix. So happy to see so many new people here!! Hey, thanks for making it, and for the work on the signs! We're gonna do well in Arizona!

hopeforamerica
01-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Hey, thanks for making it, and for the work on the signs! We're gonna do well in Arizona!

I have never been more inspired by one man. This was my first video. Not epic, but I really loved making it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0ajyP1Kty4