PDA

View Full Version : BAILOUT for FREEDOM!!

mosquitobite
01-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Your grassroots in action folks!
http://www.facebook.com/BailoutForFreedom

[New Moneybomb] BAILOUT for FREEDOM (we are still looking for WEBDESIGNER!)

We know everyone is growing a bit tired of the "moneybomb"
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?348047-Millions-to-win-moneybomb!

So we're revising the idea to something new in order to bring more people onto the liberty train.

www.BailoutForFreedom.com
Jan 20, 2012

That's why a number of forum posters advocated for a moneybomb centered around civil liberties, habeas corpus, NDAA/SOPA awareness. Some people felt NDAA/SOPA in name would make moneybomb sound too conspiratorial or distance us further from some of the neo-conned republicans. I see this returning Americans freedoms as Ron Paul's biggest advantage over the other repubs running as well as Obama. Imagine what would happen if we went viral with our concerns on the liberties that Americans had fleeced from under them with little reporting from their favored media sources.

Exciting is the key.

I'm thinking it's time for something new fresh and modern to get people excited. Maybe the rEVOLution, tea party, founding fathers stuff is still working to excite and attract new people to the cause. I don't know.

For me and maybe others who have been working with it and looking at it for 4 years, it's growing stale.

On the Daily Show a few days ago, Stewart was trying to tie together the constitution and founding fathers with slavery. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

The tea party was hijacked and the other candidates have pretty much ripped off all of Pauls return to the constituion material.

We have nothing that makes RP and his movement stand out anymore as a result.

That's what I think we need and I think we should go in the direction of being future foward....something that pulls an idealic RP lead future into the now.
Thoughts?

I like the bailout for freedom idea, but what will the date be? I'm still in favor of mid Feb.

We're talking about making this one different from past money bombs so here's my ideas:

At this point in the race we'd start to become the only anti-Romney candidate, so we should target republicans and conservatives that don't identify with the establishment. Where else but the tea party? We should remember that it was our movement that got this modern tea party movement going, so we should make the case that our candidate has the record to channel the tea party's frustrations. We should make a clear case explaining how Romney is involved with the establishment and represents everything the Tea Party stands against. We should target conservative commentators to get them on our side, etc.

We will make this about OBAMA and his trampling of our liberties.

We need more people chiming in though! Anyone willing to contribute to the cause? Promotion, videos, etc?
We need someone willing to host a server and create a website (I have the URL: www.bailoutforfreedom.com)

Bailout for Freedom - Jan 20th, 2012

FreeTraveler
01-08-2012, 06:55 PM
I've heard fourth-hand that the campaign would like a moneybomb on January 14. That's way too close to get fancy, though, less than a week away. All we can do there is wait to see if the campaign goes for it and have some cash ready if they make the call.

I like the Bailout for Freedom idea a lot. "Finally, a Bailout Main Street can Support" -- and the like. The slogans would write themselves. It would probably have to be in med-February to give us time to plan it.

Or we could have a Valentines for the Pauls Moneybomb on February 14. Stress their 54 year marriage, all their kids and grandkids, and easily tie it to the Ron Paul R[evol]ution theme too.

That's my favorite idea, personally, now that I've thought about it for a bit.

Nate K
01-08-2012, 07:02 PM
I like the idea of some kind of educational endeavor, like a documentary that exposes the revolving door and how Obama is tied to the bankers (since it is after all the "bailout" for freedom).

Thomasjefferson69
01-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Bailout for Freedom is great. People are tired of moneybombs. While this is similar to a moneybomb, it has a new and better feel to it. Much more exciting, and excitement means money.

mosquitobite
01-08-2012, 07:23 PM
I like the idea of some kind of educational endeavor, like a documentary that exposes the revolving door and how Obama is tied to the bankers (since it is after all the "bailout" for freedom).

Yep!
With that idea, I'll suggest mine again: like the movie Groundhog Day - nothing really changes - just the name in the WH.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Yep!
With that idea, I'll suggest mine again: like the movie Groundhog Day - nothing really changes - just the name in the WH.

I really like that one too.

swissaustrian
01-08-2012, 07:30 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/freedom_too_big_to_fail_bumper_sticker-p128277429610518471z7b7j_152.jpg

http://rlv.zcache.com/liberty_too_big_to_fail_bumper_sticker-p128681842058438892f82_325.jpg

http://chan.catiewayne.com/m/src/131536574674.jpg

swissaustrian
01-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Interesting dates in January for a moneybomb/bailout:

January 15th: 1929: Birthday of Martin Luther King
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King,_Jr.

January 17th: 1961 – U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower delivers a televised farewell address to the nation three days before leaving office, in which he warns against the accumulation of power by the "military-industrial complex".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_17

January 19th: 1981 – Iran Hostage Crisis: United States and Iranian officials sign an agreement to release 52 American hostages after 14 months of captivity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_19

January 23rd: 1973 – President Richard Nixon announces that a peace accord has been reached in Vietnam.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_23

January 24th: 2003 – The United States Department of Homeland Security officially begins operation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_24

January 27th: 1593 – The Vatican opens seven year trial of scholar Giordano Bruno.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_27

January 31st: 1865 – American Civil War: The United States Congress passes the Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, abolishing slavery, submitting it to the states for ratification.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_31

mosquitobite
01-08-2012, 09:44 PM
bump

Most discussion is on the other thread - but I'd really like it to have more grassroots input!

Windsurfer_For_Paul
01-08-2012, 09:49 PM
I like Bailout for America or Bailout for Mainstreet themes. I think late January or Early feb is the best. Before Valentines.

blamx8
01-08-2012, 09:56 PM
January 31st: 1865 – American Civil War: The United States Congress passes the Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, abolishing slavery, submitting it to the states for ratification.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_31[/QUOTE]

^This one. Multiple reasons.
1. Flies in the face of the dishonest newsletter claims. Could you imagine Mainstream media reporting, "Ron Paul supporters raised 10 million dollars today to celebrate the abolition of slavery!" If they didn't report it we could report it ourselves.
2. Does a great job of portraying the message that Freedom/Liberty is too large to fail.
3. Gives a bit more time to prepare and spread the message.

Windsurfer_For_Paul
01-08-2012, 10:01 PM
I believe this is also Florida Primary night. Dont know if this would help or hurt. Thoughts?

Mckarnin
01-08-2012, 10:26 PM
I believe this is also Florida Primary night. Dont know if this would help or hurt. Thoughts?

I don't think Florida is going to be Ron Paul's big night but pretty sure the OP is thinking groundhog day (Feb 3rd?) for this one.

mosquitobite
01-08-2012, 10:29 PM
I don't think Florida is going to be Ron Paul's big night but pretty sure the OP is thinking groundhog day (Feb 3rd?) for this one.

Feb 2nd is groundhog day, but I don't want to be the final decider. I'm just a single Ron Paul supporter screaming out for others to join in like we used to! :)

Another reason for groundhog day is another symbolism!
Groundhog Day is observed on February 2 in both the United States and Canada. Traditionally, if a groundhog emerges from its hole on Groundhog Day, then winter will soon end. If, however, a groundhog retreats back into its hole on Groundhog Day, then winter will continue for another six weeks. The largest Groundhog Day celebration takes place each year in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania.

Will our winter in politics continue?

dagnybell
01-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Not to be a buzz kill, but I have to say that I'm not that excited about using the "bailout" term. I get the irony and all that, but I'd rather use something that more closely relates to our actual message than something that has represented the antithesis of it.

Initially, I was thinking about something like a new declaration of independence where we all pledge our fortunes and our sacred honor to uphold freedom in this country. Not that catchy, but at least it's meaningful.

The other thought I had was: "Last Exit off the Road to Serfdom"

I actually kind of like that one... :)

mosquitobite
01-08-2012, 10:37 PM
I like that idea too! (the declaration of independence one!)

rideurlightning
01-08-2012, 10:40 PM
I really like this idea.

Mckarnin
01-08-2012, 10:47 PM
I tend to prefer positive messages myself but if we can frame things to highlight how the other guys want to bail wall street out/take away our freedoms and Ron Paul wants to bail us out I think it could fly.

I was leaning towards a valentines day thing but it's kind of too far out. We need something earlier and honestly, a donation centered event a couple weeks after a money momb is probably not going to be a success.

TheTexan
01-08-2012, 10:56 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/freedom_too_big_to_fail_bumper_sticker-p128277429610518471z7b7j_152.jpg

http://rlv.zcache.com/liberty_too_big_to_fail_bumper_sticker-p128681842058438892f82_325.jpg

http://chan.catiewayne.com/m/src/131536574674.jpg

Hell yes. Liberty is too big to fail!!!

seawolf
01-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Fantastic: Liberty Too Big To Fail!!!

Remember Ron himself said on Jan 4th that the Campaign needs to raise $10 Million in the next 45 days or by February 18th.

Would recommend one Money Bomb/Event in January and one before February 18th.....the date should always be on a Friday because it is payday for many Ron Paul Supporters!!!

Mckarnin
01-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Ok, so I am really digging the Bailout for Freedom! event with the tagline: Liberty is too Big to Fail! I like the idea of Feb 3rd and groundhog day but feel like we already have enough symbolism inherent in the Bailout for Freedom theme without bringing in groundhog day so would lean towards making that January 27th.

Then, as was mentioned in another thread we could do Valentines/RAK for RON day and all do random acts of kindness armed with slim jims and/or donate on Friday the 17th of February, random act of kindness day.

It would give us about 3 weeks to promote the bailout for freedom and 3 after that for RAK for RON (or whatever we call it).

affa
01-08-2012, 11:53 PM
My only issue with 'bailout' is that it's a negative term. I just don't like labeling anything with negative words like that; words are powerful.

Perhaps -
Surge For Freedom
or
Give Me Liberty

or something like that?

That said, I'm not totally against Bailout for Freedom. It's got a nice ring. I just have the aforementioned reservations re: use of negative words.

Mark37snj
01-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Bailout for Freedom on January 24th, the day the United States Department of Homeland Security officially begins operation. Can anyone think of a better way to get the warmongering Neocons to flip their lids and show everyone what they are really all about?

Xenophage
01-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Hey this is great! Let's bailout liberty!

Xenophage
01-08-2012, 11:58 PM
BAILOUT THE CONSTITUTION!

Xenophage
01-08-2012, 11:59 PM
My only issue with 'bailout' is that it's a negative term. I just don't like labeling anything with negative words like that; words are powerful.

Perhaps -
Surge For Freedom
or
Give Me Liberty

or something like that?

That said, I'm not totally against Bailout for Freedom. It's got a nice ring. I just have the aforementioned reservations re: use of negative words.

I think that's why it would be so effective! Politicians have spent their time performing various bailouts of the banks, the auto industry, the insurance companies, whatever...

Time to bailout the victim of government overreach: the constitution!

Mckarnin
01-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Ok, so who is going to photoshop lady liberty behind bars? :)

Mark37snj
01-09-2012, 12:33 AM
Ok, so who is going to photoshop lady liberty behind bars? :)

With Department of Homeland Security troops standing guard.

Hospitaller
01-09-2012, 12:49 AM

Alex jones beat you there

Youtube: The Obama Deception

qwerty
01-09-2012, 01:58 AM
i donīt know a good date but as soon as possible...

qwerty
01-09-2012, 02:02 AM
and please we need the website and facebook page & event & group up and running asap! i want to start promote! :D

GHoeberX
01-09-2012, 04:14 AM
There seems to be consensus about:
Theme name: Bailout for Freedom (we have the domain already)
Tagline: Liberty: Too Big to Fail
Date: ???

Summarized: we still need a date; then we can start a facebook-event and search people to create website and video(s).

I've seen multiple suggestions:
- Tuesday 17th January (Benjamin Franklin anniversary)
- Friday 27th January
- Tuesday 31th January (Abolish Slavery anniversary)
- Friday 3rd February
- Tuesday 14th February (Valentines Day)

So key question now: How are we going to decide the date?

We can do a majority vote, we can ask for someone else to choose (e.g. Michael Nystrom or the campaign). How are we going to do this?

My 5 cents is that perhaps most of you will now say consult the campaign; I think it's very likely they want to see a moneybomb ASAP.

TheTexan
01-09-2012, 04:17 AM
My vote is on Friday 20th January. I think Fridays are the best days for moneybombs, and 27th is too late.

qwerty
01-09-2012, 05:14 AM
My vote is on Friday 20th January. I think Fridays are the best days for moneybombs, and 27th is too late.

agree...

GHoeberX
01-09-2012, 05:37 AM
There seems to be consensus about:
Theme name: Bailout for Freedom (we have the domain already)
Tagline: Liberty: Too Big to Fail
Date: ???

Summarized: we still need a date; then we can start a facebook-event and search people to create website and video(s).

I've seen multiple suggestions:
- Tuesday 17th January (Benjamin Franklin anniversary)
- Friday 27th January
- Tuesday 31th January (Abolish Slavery anniversary)
- Friday 3rd February
- Tuesday 14th February (Valentines Day)

So key question now: How are we going to decide the date?

We can do a majority vote, we can ask for someone else to choose (e.g. Michael Nystrom or the campaign). How are we going to do this?

My 5 cents is that perhaps most of you will now say consult the campaign; I think it's very likely they want to see a moneybomb ASAP.

Personally, I'd say either a friday/saturday/sunday and before Florida Primary (31th January), but not too early either because then it will be difficult to create a strong moneybomb.

mosquitobite
01-09-2012, 07:28 AM
My vote is on Friday - 20th January. I think Fridays are the best days for moneybombs, and 27th is too late.

I'd agree with that but is 11 days enough to promote it?

GHoeberX
01-09-2012, 08:10 AM
I'd agree with that but is 11 days enough to promote it?

Alright: got word from the campaign.

They will probably hold a moneybomb before South Carolina (either with or without grassroots initiative) - 21st January. Then they would like to see a moneybomb in mid February.
They prefer moneybombs to be held on Friday's or Saturday's. (although it's good to keep in mind that our best moneybomb 16 Dec 2007 was a Sunday).

So we have to decide today: are we going to hold Bailout For Freedom before 21th January or mid February? (end of January/begin February seems to be less preferred by campaign)

mosquitobite
01-09-2012, 08:45 AM
ok, so can we do it by Jan 20th? Or do we plan something small for the 20th in anticipation of a bigger drive for February?

Bailout for Freedom on Jan 20th and maybe do a Peace, Love, & Understanding for mid Feb (piggy back on Valentines, Random Acts of Kindness & Dr Paul's & Carol's 55th anniversary) Perhaps doing the donate $55 in honor of LOVE?

Dutch
01-09-2012, 08:54 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/freedom_too_big_to_fail_bumper_sticker-p128277429610518471z7b7j_152.jpghttp://rlv.zcache.com/liberty_too_big_to_fail_bumper_sticker-p128681842058438892f82_325.jpghttp://chan.catiewayne.com/m/src/131536574674.jpg
Quoted For M*thrf*ckn' Truth!

GHoeberX
01-09-2012, 01:08 PM
-bump-

qwerty
01-09-2012, 02:05 PM
jan 20! other theme for feb...

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-09-2012, 02:33 PM
I think the Bail out for Americans theme will fair better in the press and with voters the sooner the better. Shows of Paul keeping the cash flowing in sooner then later keep the media having to count him in as well.

The question is, are the volunteers for the promo ads going to be able to get them up and out in the next several days?

mosquitobite
01-09-2012, 02:35 PM
I think the Bail out for Americans theme will fair better in the press and with voters the sooner the better. Shows of Paul keeping the cash flowing in sooner then later keep the media having to count him in as well.

The question is, are the volunteers for the promo ads going to be able to get them up and out in the next several days?

This. I still haven't had anyone contact me willing to or make anything with the webpage?

I don't know how to make websites :o I just bought the URL so that a competitor didn't try to steal our thunder!

GHoeberX
01-09-2012, 02:39 PM

I would love to see the video be done by ChainSpell, and I send him a draft video a couple of times, but he hasn't replied on that for quite some time. So we are without confirmation he can do a moneybomb within a few days. If I have to do the video, I can take a day off from my day-job on Wednesday and create a quick video (but don't expect too much).

There's a lot of things which can be started before a video is out:
- Creating facebook-group
- Creating a website-design and promotion banners
- Creating the website-content

seawolf
01-09-2012, 02:56 PM
I vote for January 20th.....I know it is fast, but the Campaign needs to continue to build the BIG MO!!! and if we had a good showing it would help Florida as far as positive press.

If we go with January 20th we need an website and banners no later than January 11th. There will be no time for tinkering with the banners and the website like Tea Party 11.

We choose a RP Member or Members to do it and then promote the heck of it.

But speed and I am fast paced action will be the key to success.

Whatever, we decide you have my support!!! Let's give the Campaign the funds they need ASAP!!

mosquitobite
01-09-2012, 02:58 PM
http://www.facebook.com/groups/298835040162784/

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-09-2012, 03:05 PM
There's a lot of things which can be started before a video is out:
- Creating facebook-group
- Creating a website-design and promotion banners
- Creating the website-content

Lets start slapping up ideas for content, and anyone who can be creating videos, a web-site, banners flyers and start working on them and getting them out ands out as soon as they can.

We need at least two things fixed to start. The name of the theme and the date. Otheriwse, let people pull from their own creativity and what gets suggested here.

I say we get those two things determined by 7:00 tonight.

I am good on photoshop and can do a banner ad and a flyer for people to download print and leave at every place they can around town. I don't know how to do web-sites, videos, or place banner ads though.

For content-

It needs to be designed to capture the attention and emotion of every American , not just current Paul supporters.

The idea is, that it is time Americans get relief from big special interests and governemnt, robbing us of our money and liberties. Paul is the man to help deliver them back to us and restore balance.

If I am off on how others were seeing this theme, correct me please.

Does anyone have graphics/photos they think would be good to use, a logo for it, catch phrases for people to start working with?

For a logo, should we use a scale of justice with a money bag heavier on one side that says mainstreet, and a smaller money bag on the light side that says wall street for a logo?

Or, are we going more with how civil liberties are being trampled by Obama, and do a characature of him setting balls and chains to peoples legs, with the balls labeing acts that are unconstituonal ?

Have we even decided on which way we are taking this one OR should we have many different types of ads using both underlying themes for this one theme of bailout for America?

All I know is, with some content material suggestions and instructions for size and how to save I can make a banner ad and a flyer and I will be donating lol

mosquitobite
01-09-2012, 03:36 PM
The idea is, that it is time Americans get relief from big special interests and government, robbing us of our money and liberties. Paul is the man to help deliver them back to us and restore balance.

Gonna use that to promote the event!

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the FB group page. Everyone needs to join it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/298835040162784/

Looks like the two important ingredients are set so people can start working on promos-

Bailout for Freedom - is the official name
Friday January 20th is the date.

mosquitobite
01-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Here's a page to like instead of a group:
http://www.facebook.com/BailoutForFreedom

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Is that "To Big To Fail" logo on the FB page the logo and or cacth phrase to use in promos? should it be expanded to "Freedom- To Big to Fail" or "America- to Big to Fail"?

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-09-2012, 03:54 PM
oh I see on you fb like page

looks like we are going with-

The People are to Big to Fail............Cool!!!

mosquitobite
01-09-2012, 03:54 PM
I just googled for images on too big to fail. I just liked the people aspect.

I can change the image to whatever as soon as we get something.

I like the idea of the statue of liberty behind bars for some promotion. Can we maybe use that in conjunction with something like a bail bond?

mosquitobite
01-09-2012, 04:00 PM
And an idea for the campaign to use with this for the donation day:
http://www.collectiblebadges.com/media/large_bail_bond_certificate.jpg

Instead of the normal name parade - have our name on a bond?

Mckarnin
01-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Lets start slapping up ideas for content, and anyone who can be creating videos, a web-site, banners flyers and start working on them and getting them out ands out as soon as they can.

We need at least two things fixed to start. The name of the theme and the date. Otheriwse, let people pull from their own creativity and what gets suggested here.

I say we get those two things determined by 7:00 tonight.

I am good on photoshop and can do a banner ad and a flyer for people to download print and leave at every place they can around town. I don't know how to do web-sites, videos, or place banner ads though.

For content-

It needs to be designed to capture the attention and emotion of every American , not just current Paul supporters.

The idea is, that it is time Americans get relief from big special interests and governemnt, robbing us of our money and liberties. Paul is the man to help deliver them back to us and restore balance.

If I am off on how others were seeing this theme, correct me please.

Does anyone have graphics/photos they think would be good to use, a logo for it, catch phrases for people to start working with?

For a logo, should we use a scale of justice with a money bag heavier on one side that says mainstreet, and a smaller money bag on the light side that says wall street for a logo?

Or, are we going more with how civil liberties are being trampled by Obama, and do a characature of him setting balls and chains to peoples legs, with the balls labeing acts that are unconstituonal ?

Have we even decided on which way we are taking this one OR should we have many different types of ads using both underlying themes for this one theme of bailout for America?

All I know is, with some content material suggestions and instructions for size and how to save I can make a banner ad and a flyer and I will be donating lol

I was kind of thinking of something simple like lady liberty behind bars and Ron Paul is going to bail her out and with her all the liberties those others have been trampling. I don't think it will hurt to have multiple grassroots images but the core "bailout for freedom" stuff on the site, promo here and the facebook should match.

Mckarnin
01-09-2012, 04:31 PM
I would lean towards "Liberty is too big to fail" since there are already some graphics with that and it is the bailout for freedom. The people, I know it hearkens to the Constitution a bit but don't think it's as tidy of a message.

Now, if someone with some web design chops wants to make the bailoutforfreedom.com site pretty I would be happy to take a list of ideas and turn it into coherent content for the site.

Mckarnin
01-09-2012, 04:37 PM
And an idea for the campaign to use with this for the donation day:
http://www.collectiblebadges.com/media/large_bail_bond_certificate.jpg
f
Instead of the normal name parade - have our name on a bond?

I see Liberty as the one in jail, Ron Paul as the one doing the bailing and us giving him the money so he can do it. Perhaps someone who has more experience with jail and bail can make sure this is somewhat accurate..even if artistically portrayed. Not that it is vital but we will have a stronger theme if it makes some logical sense.

GHoeberX
01-09-2012, 04:38 PM
I'll bring this topic under the attention of Dusman (who did a great job creating the blackthisout.com and the teaparty11.com website), but I do think it's wise to see which other Ron Paul supporters on this forum are able to create a little website within a few days for this event.

mosquitobite
01-09-2012, 05:48 PM
bump!

Mckarnin
01-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Bump! So we have word that the campaign is having an official moneybomb on the 14th of January but we can still fill the late January slot with this and start work on our mid-Feb grassroot's moneybomb.