PDA

View Full Version : Idiotic comment of the day: Libertarian = slavery, blacks can't vote

farreri
01-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Talk about your :rolleyes:

squiems
Commented 25 minutes ago in Politics

“Typical libertarian hogwash. Retroactively declare people who died decades or centuries ago to be "libertarian" because libertarian philosophies can be applied to some small facet of their philosophy or actions.

In a libertarian america we'd still have slavery and black people wouldn't be able to vote.

This guy [Ron Paul] is a clown.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/squiems/ron-paul-new-hampshire-debate_n_1191953_127606914.html

Philhelm
01-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Talk about your :rolleyes:

Seems like standard fare. I just came across a guy who said that we're Nazis. Like Grandma used to say, "You can't fix stupid."

foofighter20x
01-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Someone clearly hasn't heard of Lysander Spooner.

AbVag
01-08-2012, 07:54 PM
I blame Glenn Beck for their ignorance.

moderate libertarian
01-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Libertarians opposed violent revenge attack on Iraq based on cooked up lies, greed, religious racism etc.

Indirectly related but a different racism charges drama is unfolding in UK right now involving a prominent MP there:

British MP accused of racism over tweet
http://www.indianexpress.com/comments/british-mp-accused-of-racism-over-tweet/896219

It is especially interesting charge in the light of recent news reports out of mideast.

http://www.antiwar.com/orig/zunes.php?articleid=8668

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123275572295011847.html

heavenlyboy34
01-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Someone clearly hasn't heard of Lysander Spooner.
+1 libertarian and classical liberal abolitionists have been around in this country since about the beginning.

QueenB4Liberty
01-08-2012, 09:02 PM
+1 libertarian and classical liberal abolitionists have been around in this country since about the beginning.

Yeah it really frustrates me when people say this baloney about slavery and someone asked me the other day since I was for abortion being left up to the states would I be for slavery being up to the states. SMH.

heavenlyboy34
01-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Yeah it really frustrates me when people say this baloney about slavery and someone asked me the other day since I was for abortion being left up to the states would I be for slavery being up to the states. SMH.
lolz...so facepalm-worthy! The institution of slavery died in every other nation without a major war or conflict. Besides, a state would be overstepping its authority to make anyone a slave by law. There's no caste system of rights (in the most literal sense-governments often try to break this natural law, though). IIRC, none of the confederate (or Union for that matter) states' constitutions directly addressed slavery one way or the other. It all developed out of common practice-same with the Northern slave owners.

As an aside, Spooner correctly pointed out the hypocrisy of the Yankee regime-they refused to use force or law to abolish slavery, yet used force and law against secessionist states. (even Lincoln admitted that his goal in war was not to end slavery at all) :cool:

Legend1104
01-08-2012, 11:34 PM
We still have slavery. It comes in many forms.

heavenlyboy34
01-08-2012, 11:46 PM
We still have slavery. It comes in many forms.
hehe, well-played, lad. ;) :cool:

ShaneEnochs
01-08-2012, 11:53 PM
This entire country is enslaved by the Federal Reserve. Little bit of libertarianism might help with that.

Dr_SCN
01-09-2012, 12:03 AM
I have very liberal friends myself. When I realized that my viewpoints meshed well with Ron Paul and his libertarian views, I was excited to discuss this with them. I was shocked by their response.

They whole heartedly and sincerely believe that libertarianism is just a tool used by white supremecists to reinstate slavery through the "euphamism of state rights". I was shocked and still am. These are well educated, decent people. I've found that I can't even have a discussion with them about what excites me now though because they are so fixed in this view.

Yet it is under Obama's administration that we have record deportation of illegal Mexican immigrants, away from their families, jobs, and new roots here in this country... but I guess that's another topic.

seapilot
01-09-2012, 12:43 AM
Seems like standard fare. I just came across a guy who said that we're Nazis. Like Grandma used to say, "You can't fix stupid."

I once talked to a lady that said libertarians should go back to germany and russia where they belong. There is an education problem no doubt about it.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-09-2012, 01:19 AM
Not going to war is dangerous!