PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul campaign email blasts Huntsman for pro-TARP, cap and trade and stimulus bill

sailingaway
01-08-2012, 10:50 AM
a regional cap and trade, specifically.

Did anyone get this? I didn't. Maybe it only went out in New Hampshire:

Huntsman also earned the ire of Rep. Ron Paul’s campaign, which blasted out - in triplicate sometimes - emails pointing out that the former Utah governor had backed a regional carbon market proposal and supported the Wall Street bailout and the Democrats’ economic stimulus package.

After the debate, Paul’s son, Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, continued the assault on Huntsman, but said he doesn’t see much of a threat from the candidate.

"I’m not sure he really has a constituency," the senator said. "I don’t think he’s going to do very well."

I'm not sure if this is the best tack to take re: Huntsman. Better to say he hasn't protested NDAA and wants to bomb Iran, it isn't the conservative GOP part of Ron's vote Huntsman is going after.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/53255677-90/huntsman-romney-obama-debate.html.csp

bluesc
01-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Sounds a lot like what happened when Santorum surged in Iowa. Last minute attacks.

WD-NY
01-08-2012, 10:56 AM
how long have we been talking about this? And the campaign waits until Sunday to push this shit.

And then they go and attack him on conservative issues?? WTF. Huntsman is taking anti-war independent voters. Rand should be saying "Huntsman wants a land invasion with Iran"

#fail

pauladin
01-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Probably a case of too little, too late. Apparently the campaign has been more worried about Santorum in SC ffs.

fc2008
01-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Probably too late. Emails aren't going to contain the youtube "ad" surge.

Havax
01-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Rand was wrong about thinking Ron was going to win Iowa too.

sailingaway
01-08-2012, 11:05 AM
I think Huntsman may have gone up yesterday with the fake 'Ron Paul supporter' video, but now we have evidence it didn't come from us, plus Ron knocked it out of the park last night and this morning on Fox.

Unfortunately, it is on MSNBC Huntsman is being pushed and indies may watch that.

I'm hoping indies are sleeping in.... :p

pauladin
01-08-2012, 11:06 AM
The campaign needs to post on their facebook page a link to the document from the consulting firm about the Huntsman video and tide that shit over. I just don't understand why the campaign is not doing this.

bluesc
01-08-2012, 11:07 AM
I think Huntsman may have gone up yesterday with the fake 'Ron Paul supporter' video, but now we have evidence it didn't come from us, plus Ron knocked it out of the park last night and this morning on Fox.

Unfortunately, it is on MSNBC Huntsman is being pushed and indies may watch that.

I'm hoping indies are sleeping in.... :p

Democrat progressives watch MSNBC. Independents watch CNN and conservative independents watch Fox. Let's not worry about MSNBC too much.

daviddee
01-08-2012, 11:13 AM

WD-NY
01-08-2012, 11:48 AM
The fact that the campaign is blasting out attacks against Huntsman at the last minute is NOT how you stop a media-generated surge - they should've been nailing him as being pro-Iran war and pro-bank-bailouts all dang week.

Wren
01-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Huntsman gets support from interventionist liberals and by people who are fooled he is antiwar, not from conservatives. Kinda tricky to attack him without making ourselves look weak to conservatives.

ZanZibar
01-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Apparently Huntsman did something similar to Ron Paul.

Agorism
01-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Huntsman is such a distraction.

If he weren't in this race, Ron Paul would take NH.