PDA

View Full Version : Again...Please get rid of INFLATION TAX from Tea Party site

max
11-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Unlike the Nov 5th Bomb....this one is for the masses.....Please gear the language as such..."Inflation Tax" is a total non starter with the masses we are trying to reach..

I cant emphasize this enough....I know its your project and not mine...but what a shame it would be if this was reported in MSM as "an anti-monetary policy" effort...

That will not excite anyone....Keep it to taxes...war...corruption...illegal immigration.....

sroll2237
11-09-2007, 09:48 PM
I wholeheartedly agree.

shepburn
11-09-2007, 09:56 PM
leave it alone dude ... if you don't get the inflation tax ... google it
same with everybody else who doesn't get it. Only Ron Paul supporters will be donating. So if a supporter doesn't get "inflation tax" they need to be educated on it too.

literatim
11-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Getting rid of the inflation tax is one of Ron Paul's own platforms.

max
11-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Getting rid of the inflation tax is one of Ron Paul's own platforms.

so is voting against pork barrel spending.....so is being opposed to high tarriffs...

but to the public its BORING..

do u really want this thing spun into "RP supporters are planing a massive online protest donation against inflation".....Zzzzzzzzzzzz

No, we want this spun into something the masses get get into...anti-high taxes...anti-IRS...anti-war etc...

Monetary policy may excite us...but it wont open the wallets of the sheep we are trying to reach

Mckarnin
11-09-2007, 10:43 PM
so is voting against pork barrel spending.....so is being opposed to high tarriffs...

do u really want this thing spun into "RP supporters are planing a massive online protest donation against inflation".....Zzzzzzzzzzzz

No, we want this spun into something the masses get get into...anti-high taxes...anti-IRS...anti-war etc...

Monetary policy may excite us...but it wont open the wallets of the sheep we are trying to reach

Hey, I think sheep is a little insulting. Perhaps people have just grown apathetic and never had practice thinking about government or are totally out of practice because of how crappy the options have been. :-)

murrayrothbard
11-09-2007, 10:48 PM
Why not just say "oppressive taxation" or something like that. Why pick out "inflation tax"? Why not income tax? If you say something more general like "excessive taxation" or "oppressive taxation" it is much easier for the visitor to relate. Everyone can relate to oppressive taxation. A lot of people will have no clue what "inflation tax" means. Why make it hard for people? You just want them to come in, read it, and QUICKLY say to themselves "hell yeah, screw all these taxes!!" not "what is an 'inflation tax'??"

USPatriot36
11-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Ron Paul has stated this is a campaign about ideas. We need to get the people thinking about the inflation tax. Once they understand that, it will forever change their view of government and it's spending sprees.

moberley
11-10-2007, 12:06 AM
but to the public its BORING.

I think it's less boring than you might think. Recently, Ron Paul has been commenting on the popularity of the monetary aspect of his message. There were some stories following one of his University rallies (possibly in Michigan) that his monetary message got the biggest cheers.

Money and economics are important, especially given the current headlines on US financial news reports.

jblosser
11-10-2007, 12:12 AM
What? Ron calls it the inflation tax on the national debate stage and has stopped in the middle of interviews to walk people through the logic of it. And that's why he is doing as well as he is.

Stop second guessing every single thing. If Ron pandered like half of you seem to want him to he'd be just like the rest of them.

Chester Copperpot
11-10-2007, 12:14 AM
I think the inflation tax is appropriate given its Boston Tea Party Day.... People joining the Revolution HAVE to educate themselves on things like this, its the couch potatoes who dont give a damn who wont bother.. nor will they care to vote for the other guys either

moberley
11-10-2007, 12:19 AM
Why not just say "oppressive taxation" or something like that. Why pick out "inflation tax"? Why not income tax? If you say something more general like "excessive taxation" or "oppressive taxation" it is much easier for the visitor to relate. Everyone can relate to oppressive taxation. A lot of people will have no clue what "inflation tax" means. Why make it hard for people? You just want them to come in, read it, and QUICKLY say to themselves "hell yeah, screw all these taxes!!" not "what is an 'inflation tax'??"

I grant that you (and others who've expressed similar sentiments) may be right about many people not being able to immediately understand the concept of the inflation tax. However, I personally think it would be a good thing if this event gets people to ask "what is an inflation tax?" I think that because an inflation tax is one of the easiest things to explain.

- Inflation: government creating more money
- Tax: government stealing money

So the inflation tax is the government stealing your money by adding a bunch more of it to the system.

Of course, you could add that they do this to try covering over the messes made by other government policies like wild overspending and obviously the previous times they inflated the money.

On the other hand, I'm not an economist of any kind so maybe I only think it is simple because I don't understand it correctly.

ronpaulyourmom
11-10-2007, 01:01 AM
Once again this is about marketing and fundraising, not converting...

There are tons of other websites for that. We want to make people feel like their a part of something, some broad and far reaching.

denvervoipguru
11-10-2007, 02:18 AM
Although I think this is the single most impotant issue of our time...I agree the learning curve is to steep for this effort.

Paulite5112007
11-10-2007, 02:24 AM
If anything - make a SHORT (20 second possible?) clip of Dr Pauls BEST explanation of the inflation tax and make the text link to it. Give them the opportunity to learn it quickly if they are inclined.

I would just put "excessive taxation" and link to a little bit longer video where he describes the inflation tax (and other ill-concieved taxes) more in-depth.

Energy
11-10-2007, 02:41 AM
You can riff off on some of our slogans like "no taxation for global occupation," get people thinking about where taxes are really going to.

literatim
11-10-2007, 02:43 AM
You can riff off on some of our slogans like "no taxation for global occupation," get people thinking about where taxes are really going to.

"Foreign occupation" is better.

Bradley in DC
11-10-2007, 03:04 AM
This is probably Dr. Paul's biggest issue of concern, his signature issue and the reason he got into politics in the first place.

lurker
11-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Just keep in mind that when the second money bomb is successful, the media will again talk about the underlying theme/reason for the date chosen, and why people care. So this is a good way to make people aware of the inflation issue which Dr. Paul cares about, and will be pretty timely considering the recent state of the US economy.

terlinguatx
11-10-2007, 09:39 PM

RPTXState
11-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Um...just replace "Inflation Tax" with "Income Tax".

Most poeple would understand it better, and it is a part of Dr. Paul's platform....

This idea has probably been refuted before...

max
11-10-2007, 09:42 PM
let me clarify...

i am 100% in favor of making the Fed/inflation an issue...but it should be a sub issue...

if we can get the media talking about this in advance as an anti-war anti-high taxes protest......we are more likely to get huge donations from anti-war people..and folks fed up with high taxes.

the anti-war left has no place to go in the democrat party...

if we can get these folks opening up their wallets as an anti-war protest....wow

Alabama Supporter
11-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Max is right. The voting public is lazy in general and will not do the research. We need to hit them with an issue they care about and understand. Most people hate taxes, so why dont we hit on taxes in general?

terlinguatx
11-10-2007, 09:49 PM

jmhelms
11-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Max is right. The voting public is lazy in general and will not do the research. We need to hit them with an issue they care about and understand. Most people hate taxes, so why dont we hit on taxes in general?

There was a Poll about this in the forums and 56% of the people voting wanted to take "inflation tax" down. Why take a poll if you don't listen to it? The reason that it hasn't been done is because the guy building the site wants it up there. The efforts are without a doubt disjointed...

max
11-10-2007, 10:21 PM
There was a Poll about this in the forums and 56% of the people voting wanted to take "inflation tax" down. Why take a poll if you don't listen to it? The reason that it hasn't been done is because the guy building the site wants it up there. The efforts are without a doubt disjointed...

It would truly be a lost opportunity if CNN reports days in adavnce...

"A Ron Paul Money Bomb is being planned to protest inflation"

I mean, that would be great publicity.......but just imagine if CNN reported..

"A Ron Paul Money Bomb is being planned to protest high taxes and the Iraq War"

CNN has already reported about this website...so we have a chance to spin this however we want in order to bring new people in.....It is so painfully obvious to me that anti-tax and anti-war could turn this into something way bigger than we can imagine......We have a shot at getting tons of anti-war liberals to participate and we may be blowing it..

Energy
11-10-2007, 10:22 PM

I agree there's not a lot of juice or emotion. We need to tap into the nerves, wake up the sleeping giants in the disenchanted who crave change, which there are many of.

We can broaden the audience by introducing the tax message in a way that appeals to those frustrated with power/corruption of big government and the 70%+ against the needless, expensive war and foreign occupation. RP even said you can't separate the two: foreign policy and domestic economy and dollar.

On teaparty07 there's no mention of the Boston Tea Party being the catalyst for an entire REVOLUTION, the American Revolution. Get people aware of what's going on and get them excited that they can join in Revolution II to DO something about it.

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Here's a crude example:

==================

On December 16th, 1773, American colonists dumped tea into the Boston Harbor to protest an illegal and oppressive tax. This pinnacle event, known as the Boston Tea Party, ignited the American Revolution that rallied support for Patriots in the thirteen colonies who went on to successfully fight for our country's independence.

This December 16th American citizens will dump millions of dollars into the Ron Paul presidential campaign to express their frustration with government's support of:

Preemptive, undeclared wars and foreign occupation that cost billions of taxpayers' money that undermine and threaten our national security and economy
Flagrant abuse of the monetary system that drives the value of our dollar down (inflation tax (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_tax), federal income tax, manipulation of money supply)
Lack of respect for our personal liberties and freedom as protected by the Constitution (Patriot Act, National ID card, warrentless wiretapping and searches, ignoring habeas corpus)

Join us in a Revolution to bring our troops home, minimize the size and scope of government to Constitutional levels, and maximize our freedom and liberties.

==================

inflation tax can be hyperlinked to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_tax

paulitics
11-10-2007, 10:45 PM
It would truly be a lost opportunity if CNN reports days in adavnce...

"A Ron Paul Money Bomb is being planned to protest inflation"

I mean, that would be great publicity.......but just imagine if CNN reported..

"A Ron Paul Money Bomb is being planned to protest high taxes and the Iraq War"

CNN has already reported about this website...so we have a chance to spin this however we want in order to bring new people in.....It is so painfully obvious to me that anti-tax and anti-war could turn this into something way bigger than we can imagine......We have a shot at getting tons of anti-war liberals to participate and we may be blowing it..

I agree

RonPaulGetsIt
11-10-2007, 10:59 PM
I agree with max- an anti war message would get more attention and huge money

jm1776
11-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Here's a crude example:

==================

On December 16th, 1773, American colonists dumped tea into the Boston Harbor to protest an illegal and oppressive tax. This pinnacle event, known as the Boston Tea Party, ignited the American Revolution that rallied support for Patriots in the thirteen colonies who went on to successfully fight for our country's independence.

This December 16th American citizens will dump millions of dollars into the Ron Paul presidential campaign to express their frustration with government's support of:

Preemptive, undeclared wars and foreign occupation that cost billions of taxpayers' money that undermine and threaten our national security and economy
Flagrant abuse of the monetary system that drives the value of our dollar down (inflation tax (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_tax), federal income tax, manipulation of money supply)
Lack of respect for our personal liberties and freedom as protected by the Constitution (Patriot Act, National ID card, warrentless wiretapping and searches, ignoring habeas corpus)

Join us in a Revolution to bring our troops home, minimize the size and scope of government to Constitutional levels, and maximize our freedom and liberties.

==================

inflation tax can be hyperlinked to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_tax

If that is crude, what happens when you try? This works well for me.

Shaun
11-11-2007, 12:38 AM
Guys:
Let's get to the marketing basics here, but before we do that just remember that it DOES NOT matter what's up there in terms of the fund raise. We would raise 10,000,000 if the First sentence was **** YOU FRANK..( which I would personally love to see..) and the off-line media would pick it up as a protest donation against the MSM polls...
So, in terms of the cash, relax, we are going to get the 10m. Assuming no earthquakes, nuclear explosions, 9/11 type events or the demise of our champion, we'll get the 10m. It's a math equation, so just all focus in on telling three new people a day about RP who have INFLUENCE over others and geometric growth is now kicking in..no sweat there. All that said..if you guys do want to improve the site I would suggest the following..

1) Aim the first paragraph at NEW people not the insiders (all of us let's say..) and make certain that there is nothing, not a single word (I mean it ) that they can't understand, they must understand every word on the page, if they don't you'll have them in confusion and the MESSAGE of RP may not transfer from them to another. That's the danger of having a term like "inflation tax.." up there, it's not that it will stop THAT person donating, it's that it may slow the "word of mouse" or "word of mouth" P2P transfer that we are looking for.

2) As a solution to the problem set outlined in 1) above I would suggest that an earlier post has the answer...I would mention an " oppressive tax " and a " poorly executed war " this way you will capture some conservatives who can all agree that a) Taxes are oppressive and b) the war was poorly executed.

The above modifications would be my recommendation. But, all in all, the site is 103% already in my book. 30k people will pledge, double or more of that number will donate and Ron Paul will be the greatest political rock-star of our time. Just keep him alive guys. No joke, he's a target for the ne0-cons.

Energy
11-11-2007, 01:12 AM
Guys:
Let's get to the marketing basics here, but before we do that just remember that it DOES NOT matter what's up there in terms of the fund raise. We would raise 10,000,000 if the First sentence was **** YOU FRANK..( which I would personally love to see..) and the off-line media would pick it up as a protest donation against the MSM polls...
So, in terms of the cash, relax, we are going to get the 10m. Assuming no earthquakes, nuclear explosions, 9/11 type events or the demise of our champion, we'll get the 10m. It's a math equation, so just all focus in on telling three new people a day about RP who have INFLUENCE over others and geometric growth is now kicking in..no sweat there. All that said..if you guys do want to improve the site I would suggest the following..

1) Aim the first paragraph at NEW people not the insiders (all of us let's say..) and make certain that there is nothing, not a single word (I mean it ) that they can't understand, they must understand every word on the page, if they don't you'll have them in confusion and the MESSAGE of RP may not transfer from them to another. That's the danger of having a term like "inflation tax.." up there, it's not that it will stop THAT person donating, it's that it may slow the "word of mouse" or "word of mouth" P2P transfer that we are looking for.

2) As a solution to the problem set outlined in 1) above I would suggest that an earlier post has the answer...I would mention an " oppressive tax " and a " poorly executed war " this way you will capture some conservatives who can all agree that a) Taxes are oppressive and b) the war was poorly executed.

The above modifications would be my recommendation. But, all in all, the site is 103% already in my book. 30k people will pledge, double or more of that number will donate and Ron Paul will be the greatest political rock-star of our time. Just keep him alive guys. No joke, he's a target for the ne0-cons.

Absolutely.

It's a cakewalk, a slam dunk to get current Ron Paul supporters signed up. They're sold already; no need to pitch them anything.

But for the new people, the page needs to address them in THEIR language, address THEIR concerns, not ours. Or paint the picture of the "endless immensity of the sea" that is our revolution, in a way that relates to their dissatisfactions that they may be blissfully unaware of (war/occupation, exploitation of currency, whittling of liberty, over-bearing government). OTHERWISE, it's wasted opportunity to enlighten and excite new people as to why Ron Paul is our nation's answer.

Stir up their frustrations and present the solution. It is basic marketing and copywriting. I wrote a sample up above.

------------------
"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

livinglegend
11-11-2007, 05:34 AM
Guys:

I agree 100%

I say change the page so it is easier to grasp for the uninitiated general public.

Drknows
11-11-2007, 05:52 AM
I agree with max- an anti war message would get more attention and huge money

I must say i kinda of agree with this statement. But Tea party doesn't fit the theme.

I feel we have some disconnect here. Maybe we do need two different sites for the same day, One anti tax and the other anti war. I don't know......frustrated

We have to make this day our own i agree. The sons of liberty made that day their own we should do the same.

But we need to push this date no matter what the cause. Plus send massive amounts of traffic to the sites.

Who owns http://thisdecember16th.com/ ? btw?

SeanEdwards
11-11-2007, 06:08 AM

Uh, no. It's totally not boring, and particularly right now when stock market traders are on TV cheering Ron when he grills the Fed chief about inflation. Everyone in the media is flipping out about the economy right now and we should be hammering on Paul's outstanding wisdom and clarity on economic policy.

You think people's money is a boring subject to them? Monetary policy could end up being a bigger issue than war in this election.

Drknows
11-11-2007, 06:10 AM
Uh, no. It's totally not boring, and particularly right now when stock market traders are on TV cheering Ron when he grills the Fed chief about inflation. Everyone in the media is flipping out about the economy right now and we should be hammering on Paul's outstanding wisdom and clarity on economic policy.

You think people's money is a boring subject to them? Monetary policy could end up being a bigger issue than war in this election.

I agree with this too because our money is directly connected with over seas spending and the wars.

SeanEdwards
11-11-2007, 06:16 AM
I agree with this too because our money is directly connected with over seas spending and the wars.

I suspect there's a hell of a lot of people that don't care strongly about the war one way or the other. They don't feel pain from it directly, so they don't have urgency about the issue.

Go to those same people and tell them 50% of their 401K is about to evaporate and they'll be in the streets with pitchforks and torches.

RonPaulGetsIt
11-11-2007, 06:17 AM
I must say i kinda of agree with this statement. But Tea party doesn't fit the theme.

I feel we have some disconnect here. Maybe we do need two different sites for the same day, One anti tax and the other anti war. I don't know......frustrated

We have to make this day our own i agree. The sons of liberty made that day their own we should do the same.

But we need to push this date no matter what the cause. Plus send massive amounts of traffic to the sites.

Who owns http://thisdecember16th.com/ ? btw?

The goal is to raise money for Dr. Paul. I see no problem with having another site with an antiwar theme. This would allow the media to report that Ron Paul had a massive fundrasising day with the dual themes of rebellion against taxation and an unjust war.

SwordOfShannarah
11-11-2007, 07:21 AM
From my view point first and foremost I find the original post/tone of this thread totally disgregards the poll we took here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34716

At the time of the post the poll was 50/50 and even now it's still pretty much the same.. so what gives anyone the right to demand anything? As a group we're split on the issue. Lets start respecting that other people have their opinions and no matter how important this is to you it is also important to them.

As a compromise (and from someones suggestion) I have made the text "inflation tax" link to an article about it which is written by Ron Paul. Now the answer is there if anyone wants to learn about it or is curious and the visitor gets to hear the definition from Ron Paul himself. For me this settles the argument. The poll was split and now a major detraction / reason for no votes has been addressed.

James R
11-11-2007, 07:33 AM
I agree that people are simply over-concerned about it. But I think maybe they really don't mean what they are saying. I think what they are trying to say is that they want to expand to include other taxes as well. But what they don't realize is that eliminating the income tax does not really have mass appeal. People are so accustomed to the income tax they think it is a necessary evil. You could add a general message about heavy federal taxes and I think that would improve the message a little bit.

jrich4rpaul
11-11-2007, 07:46 AM
I like how now there's a link that explains the inflation tax, but I feel as if most people wont take the time to read it.

I still say bring up and shortly describe Paul's views on the main issues such as war, income tax, and freedom.

wisconsinite
11-11-2007, 07:51 AM
I think it's good with the link to explain the term.
It'd be interesting to see the reaction in the media that we raised a record amount of money to bring attention to something as intellectual and "dry" as monetary policy.

It'd be nice to know that America has moved beyond this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSk4SUpWVuY

LBT
11-11-2007, 08:27 AM
To me, the most appealing connection with the Boston Tea Party is that it was a Rejection of State Oppression and that it is the most memorable Catalyst for the Revolution of Independence.

So I think a more appropriate, and better received campaign goal is not to 'Protest the Inflation Tax' but to 'Celebrate the Struggle for Freedom' or something along those lines.

A manifesto / description could be linked to the term, outlining the reasons for linking to the Boston Tea Party. This would help journalists report on the event.

The manifesto could read something like this:

The Boston Tea Party is seen to represent an early protest to the lack of representation in tax and other legislative matters. It was an important catalyst in the movement which led to the Revolution of Independence. It thereby represents the Struggle for Freedom that we feel the Ron Paul campaign represents. By breaking the world record for a one-day fundraiser on that day, we will create a catalysing event in our current struggle for freedom. Hence we chose the 234th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party to Celebrate the Struggle for Freedom.

jb4ronpaul
11-11-2007, 08:28 AM
To me, the most appealing connection with the Boston Tea Party is that it was a Rejection of State Oppression and that it is the most memorable Catylist for the Revolution of Independence.

So I think a more appropriate, and better received campaign goal is not to 'protest the inflation tax' but to 'Celebrate the Struggle for Freedom' or something along those lines.

agree

Colin
11-11-2007, 08:44 AM
As far as I can tell, the disagreement regarding "inflation tax" is caused by an underlying disagreement regarding objectives.

I understand the objectives to be 1) Raise a lot of money for Ron Paul's campaign and 2) Market Ron Paul's candidacy by getting a lot of good press. Given these and only these objectives, I don't see how anyone could think "inflation tax" is a good idea.

Objective 1 is pretty much a forgone conclusion and the "inflation tax" disagreement doesn't have much relevance to Objective 1. On the other hand, I do think a general anti-tax message would be slightly better, but whatever.

With regards to Objective 2, the only question that matters is "Is pushing monetary policy the most effective way of marketing Ron Paul's candidacy that we can think of?" To me, the answer is clearly "No." I tend to doubt that anyone would disagree. At least in this post, I won't bother arguing this point. I did argue it in the "stay or go" poll thread if you want to read that.

OK, so we have a disagreement that doesn't make sense without a third objective, which we will aptly call Objective 3. And that is: raising awareness about monetary policy for its own sake. I am utterly opposed to sacrificing any of Objective 2 for the sake of Objective 3. Unless using monetary policy is the most effective way of marketing Ron Paul's candidacy, then to keep "inflation tax" is to sacrifice Objective 2 for the sake of Objective 3.

For those of you that think keeping "inflation tax" is a good idea, are you willing to sacrifice some of Objective 2 or do you think that using monetary policy is the most effective way of accomplishing Objective 2? Or perhaps you reject my entire argument?

One more thing, a lot of arguments have focused on visitors to the website and what they'll learn. I'm focused on media reports. The number of people who will hear about this by media reports will far exceed the number of people who will visit the website.

MozoVote
11-11-2007, 08:48 AM
The word "protest" is a negative to some degree. It symbolizes a group of people making noise and carrying signs, but getting little done. Who wants to donate money to a "protest?" Money gets donated to achieve things.

FreeTraveler
11-11-2007, 09:17 AM
WHY are WE doing this? We are doing this to Help Dr. Paul Reclaim our Liberty!

Change one line: Replace "protest the oppressive inflation tax"

to:

"Help Dr. Paul Reclaim Our Liberty!"

max
11-11-2007, 09:22 AM
From my view point first and foremost I find the original post/tone of this thread totally disgregards the poll we took here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34716

At the time of the post the poll was 50/50 and even now it's still pretty much the same.. so what gives anyone the right to demand anything? As a group we're split on the issue. Lets start respecting that other people have their opinions and no matter how important this is to you it is also important to them.

As a compromise (and from someones suggestion) I have made the text "inflation tax" link to an article about it which is written by Ron Paul. Now the answer is there if anyone wants to learn about it or is curious and the visitor gets to hear the definition from Ron Paul himself. For me this settles the argument. The poll was split and now a major detraction / reason for no votes has been addressed.

"Majority opinion" does not determine the best course of action..especially when the "voters" all understand monetary policy but the public we are trying to motivate does not.

Reason and logic are what determine truth

Wayne Hammond
11-11-2007, 09:26 AM
WHY are WE doing this? We are doing this to Help Dr. Paul Reclaim our Liberty!
Change one line: Replace "protest the oppressive inflation tax"
to:

"Help Dr. Paul Reclaim Our Liberty!"

Look, Trevor already answered all these objections and has made a decision. Please see my post here for the explanation:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=392395&postcount=65

jb4ronpaul
11-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Look, Trevor already answered all these objections and has made a decision. Please see my post here for the explanation:

If we are split 50/50, why would someone ignore and marginalize half the people out there if this is supposed to be a big all inclusive event. It is going to hurt the end goal. Obviously what is in order here is some kind of compromise. We could keep inflation tax but not make it the single issue. I don't think it is appropriate to just say I am right, forget everyone else, let's listen to each other and come to something that is agreeable to more people. I want to start promoting this but really think it needs to be changed to promote most effectively to the most people.

FreeTraveler
11-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Nobody is being marginalized. We all agreed early on that Trevor would call the shots, and if this is the decision he's reached, let's stand behind it.

As for my last-minute suggestion, all I can say is that ideas don't always arrive on schedule :D

LBT
11-11-2007, 09:54 AM

No, not all objections were answered in that thread. The thread was mainly about whether the inflation tax should stay or go. A narrow debate.

This is a marketing strategy and requires considered analysis for maximum effect. Many, including people with marketing experience didn't even contribute to that short debate.

The tea party campaign and that website are in early development. It should be looking for ways to improve the message, and it should be much more focused on providing a media section as many media will be scouting that site in the lead up.

An attractive and useful media section could double the effectiveness of this campaign. I doubt many media will wax eloquently about our passion for protesting an inflation tax.

The guys are doing a great job, but I don't think opinions should be halted just because a decision was made.

From a marketing and media perspective I would bet my reputation that a protest against inflation tax is a bad choice. I'll support the campaign to the hilt, by I don't have agree that it was the best decision.

Wayne Hammond
11-11-2007, 09:58 AM
If we are split 50/50, why would someone ignore and marginalize half the people out there if this is supposed to be a big all inclusive event. It is going to hurt the end goal. Obviously what is in order here is some kind of compromise.

Can't please all the people all of the time. When there is gridlock in the community over a decision like this, someone needs to make that decision so we all can move past it.

Fact: Trevor did make changes in response to the discussion here... and then he made the decision.

Let's trust him - he helped us raise $4.3 million before. I think he has proven himself and is qualified to make the decision. It's called "leadership".

max
11-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Nobody is being marginalized. We all agreed early on that Trevor would call the shots, and if this is the decision he's reached, let's stand behind it.

As for my last-minute suggestion, all I can say is that ideas don't always arrive on schedule :D

Look...this Trevor dude has become one of my personal heroes...we owe him a HUGE debt of gratitude...

but this TeaParty website is going to go national. ...in a way...it belongs to the movement now...this has the potential to be a national party

The marketing has got to be perfect...if we play this right we can make this the biggest story of the year

robatsu
11-11-2007, 11:34 AM
All this stuff about the public is stupid, inflation tax is boring is sort of patronizing. Over and over we find people saying Dr. Paul cured me of my apathy because he talked straight to the issues and assumed voters were smart enough for self government.

The inflation tax is a huge issue. The public is being systematically robbed of a fortune by the Fed as it transfers their wealth to warmongers and Wall Street. If this isn't something everyone should be concerned about, it is hard to imagine what is.

So if people find it "boring", our task is to make it interesting and relevant. Apparently, this is working as those students burning fed notes at RP rallies indicate.

Let people go to Hillary if they want sugar coated pablum for the sheeple. Just like we don't have to give up our liberties to protect them, we don't have to become a campaign with contempt for the voters to fight the others that do such things.

traviskicks
11-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Unlike the Nov 5th Bomb....this one is for the masses.....Please gear the language as such..."Inflation Tax" is a total non starter with the masses we are trying to reach..

I cant emphasize this enough....I know its your project and not mine...but what a shame it would be if this was reported in MSM as "an anti-monetary policy" effort...

That will not excite anyone....Keep it to taxes...war...corruption...illegal immigration.....

I just got on to post a new thread with this idea, but I see I was beaten to it! I think it should be changed to 'abolish the IRS', almost everyone can emphasize against the IRS, especially Republicans and it goes along with the theme of the boston tea party, 'a tax'.

The IRS equates with King George.

LBT
11-11-2007, 12:14 PM
We might want to keep in mind that the Boston Tea Party was not a call to reduce taxes, it was really a protest over foreign importers having their taxes reduced. A kind of protectionist movement, which is the opposite of free trade.

Hence, it is hypocritical to use the tax issue as the focus of the fundraiser.

But one aspect of the Boston Tea Party does align itself with the Ron Paul campaign. The underlying angst of the protesters was that they did not have representation in the government which had changed the tax conditions.

This could be decribed as a movement for independence, toward self-determination, toward freedom if you like. The freedom to make their own decisions.

It was that same yearning that led them into the Revolution of Independence.

Therein lies a connection (freedom) that is truthful, relevant and I believe popular.

In my estimation, the inflation tax connection fails all 3 criteria. I for one would not make any videos trying to connect that theme to the event, for the sake of honesty.

rebelforacause
11-11-2007, 12:15 PM
many will see the great videos below because people DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THEY DON"T UNDERSTAND

rebelforacause
11-11-2007, 12:16 PM
because they DON"T LISTEN TO WHAT THEY DON"T UNDERSTAND

sroll2237
11-11-2007, 03:06 PM
A good compromise would be to KEEP the talk about the inflation tax, but ALSO mention other issues that more mainstream people care about.

sroll2237
11-11-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm sorry, but Ron Paul's message is more than just the inflation tax. That's a key part, but only a part. If he only talked about the inflation tax, there'd be much less supporters. We should talk about Ron Paul's message as a whole, because the point is to raise the MOST money, nothing else.

Goldwater Conservative
11-11-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm fine with them keeping a mention of the inflation tax, but I think other issues should be listed as well, like border security, nation-building, income tax, national debt, civil liberties, and federalism.

Other than that, I'm loving the site so far. Hope it continues to behave, considering all the "www." trouble it was having.

LFOD
11-11-2007, 05:56 PM
I think it's great to spread the understanding that inflation IS a hidden tax. This issue is falling night into our laps with the Fed cutting rates and prices of many things exploding, the dollar crashing...

Doc Dewey
11-11-2007, 07:29 PM
I think the best approach to the message of the teaparty07 is the resistance
to Tyranny.

Each persons interpretation of what that tyranny is may be different,
But they know the changes that they see in the country is leading to it.

To outline each element of the slippery slope we are on would take volumes.

Vote for Ron Paul to avoid the tyranny of a non-constitutional Government.