PDA

View Full Version : How long until people realize that Ron Paul will win it?

thoughtomator
01-08-2012, 05:30 AM
I'm just wondering, because so many seem to act like it is far fetched, but the barriers to seeing Paul as the winner keep eroding.

So how long do you think it will take before:

a) disinterested internet commentators seriously consider the Paul-as-GOP-nominee scenario?
b) the topic is broached in a major media outlet?
c) it is viewed as probable?
d) it is viewed as inevitable?
e) poll takers and strategists start regularly polling on the Paul vs. Obama scenario?
f) the old school GOP finally concedes that Paul is the horse to ride to victory whether they like it or not?

I submit that this chain of events may start sooner than a lot of people think, maybe even in the next few weeks.

Jack Bauer
01-08-2012, 05:36 AM
a) disinterested internet commentators seriously consider the Paul-as-GOP-nominee scenario?

This will happen once Santorum, Huntsman and Perry drop out. Hopefully in a month or so.

b) the topic is broached in a major media outlet?

Not gonna happen.

e) poll takers and strategists start regularly polling on the Paul vs. Obama scenario?

This will happen when its down to Ron Paul vs Willard Romney.

f) the old school GOP finally concedes that Paul is the horse to ride to victory whether they like it or not?

Not gonna happen.

They will vote for Obama 10 times out of 10 times before voting for Ron Paul.

Obama and the other GOP shills will keep the taxpayer, debt and inflation money flowing.

They are not voting on policy, they are voting on income. So they will ALWAYS vote for Obama/GOPawn over Ron Paul.

TER
01-08-2012, 05:41 AM
I don't know, but I'll be watching!! :)

NEPatriot
01-08-2012, 05:42 AM
I feel like the tide is turning but just remember we're only one mistake away from disaster at all times. This is the advantage Romney has over us with his media connections. All Romney has to do is give useless, easy, safe, generic empty suit answers and as long as people don't gasp in horror the media will say he won the debate. Ron Paul has to work for it.

I was crushed after Iowa but I feel like we're on the march again. We need to stay relevant until after Florida and then I think we cruise to victory as the primary goes West. Romney has a ceiling and he's hit it. His numbers going west are nothing remotely in the same hemisphere as his numbers are in New Hampshire.

We stay relevant in competitive until after Florida and victory is ours.

Work hard. Donate. Sign up for Phone from Home. Seize the moment.
We'll have the night of our lives in D.C. for Ron Paul's inauguration.

thoughtomator
01-08-2012, 05:53 AM
I'm starting to think it's well-nigh inevitable that RP will come away as the nominee. He and Romney are the only ones consistently on all the ballots. While Romney has a bit of media-coated Teflon, none of the other candidates do and all have easily and dramatically exploitable flaws and will drop out like Cain and Bachmann.

That leaves a Romney vs. Paul matchup... now where are all the social conservatives going to go? When they look closely they will see RP is anti-abortion, pro-family, genuinely conservative, will put an end to a lot of government-supported liberalism that gets shoved down their throats, often through the school system. And I think a great many of them simply cannot get past the Mormon factor, as provincial as that view might be.

RP has it all for that demographic, he just has to clear the field and become the last alternative to Romney, so that that demographic will actually give him a good hard look, then he's golden. The only thing he doesn't have is the anti-Islamic bloodlust, but I think in the end they will compromise on that for lack of any other alternative.

There are other factors too that seem to be lining up just right, like the unfriendly territory of FL getting a 50% delegate penalty.

I really can't help but think that this is a foregone conclusion - Ron Paul will be the nominee, and being that he has a ridiculously favorable matchup against Barack Obama - RP can steal huge chunks of Obama's former voters while the reverse is most definitely not true - he will be the next President of the United States.

eleganz
01-08-2012, 05:53 AM
When was the last time someone won the GOP nomination without winning IA, NH, SC, FL? :D

Now THATS a REAL election.

Sola_Fide
01-08-2012, 05:58 AM
My fear is that Romney will start to co-opt one or two of Ron's positions.

If Romney has a conservative epiphany in a few months or so, he might be able to convince a sufficient number of fence sitters to support him. Unfortunately, it won't take much.

NEPatriot
01-08-2012, 06:06 AM
He already started to co-opt Paul's hesitance to go to war tonight, toning down his war rhetoric. I think he and his campaign saw what happened to Bachman after going head to head with Ron Paul in a peace vrs war argument.

Romney is a smooth operator. Fortunately he's also an empty suit and we can show that once the field is cleared.

thoughtomator
01-08-2012, 06:07 AM
dredging through the net I found this article:

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/277604/20120106/ron-paul-2012-win-two-man-gop.htm

seems perhaps my suggestion is not so farfetched and may already be under way!

RonPaulRevolution!
01-08-2012, 06:28 AM
Niiiiice article. Something I've felt for awhile now:

A plausible scenario of Paul winning the Republican nomination, therefore, is this: evangelicals run out of “flavor of the month” candidates to rally behind (Santorum will likely be the last one) and throw their support behind Paul; combined with young voters, independents and people who support non-internventionism, they give Paul victory over Romney and his base of rich, old voters.

Liberty74
01-08-2012, 06:32 AM
I think hell would freeze over within the GOP before people think Paul can win.

I think that is why the media whores and the fake conservative talk radio hosts went after Paul in early December. And that was to make sure our real momentum was crushed in Iowa. One national poll has Paul's unfavorables at 59% among Republican voters and 57% in SC. The statists and establishment scumbags basically checked mate us IMO and we have to find a way to out of this situation soon.

If things don't pan out by March 6 (Super Tuesday), serious thought to an Independent run might happen. Even again last night during the debate Paul would not rule out a third party run in absolute terms.

goldwater's ghost
01-08-2012, 06:52 AM
when we win nevada, minnesota, maine. we have to get a few wins under our belt and then romney will implode

ross11988
01-08-2012, 06:54 AM
When do you guys think that it will only be Romney vs Paul? Will everyone else drop out after FL?

papitosabe
01-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Not gonna happen.

They will vote for Obama 10 times out of 10 times before voting for Ron Paul.

Obama and the other GOP shills will keep the taxpayer, debt and inflation money flowing.

They are not voting on policy, they are voting on income. So they will ALWAYS vote for Obama/GOPawn over Ron Paul.

sadly ^^THIS^^ dunno who posted the vid, but you can hear a reporter saying something like, if Ron Paul wins, 2/3 of everyone here (meaning reporters) will be unemployed...paraphrasing...

**edit** found it, I was close..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr9k7qXfhdE&feature=player_embedded

Liberty74
01-08-2012, 07:10 AM
When do you guys think that it will only be Romney vs Paul? Will everyone else drop out after FL?

Huntsman and Perry will be gone after SC IMO. Not sure who else will drop then or when as in after FL.

Side note: Has anyone noticed Paul and Romney are the only two that have yet to attack each other in this nomination? Some critic during the break online at ABC even mentioned it as weird. Any chance a Romney/Paul ticket?

TER
01-08-2012, 07:15 AM
My fear is that Romney will start to co-opt one or two of Ron's positions.

If Romney has a conservative epiphany in a few months or so, he might be able to convince a sufficient number of fence sitters to support him. Unfortunately, it won't take much.

I'm sorta worried about this too...

speciallyblend
01-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Huntsman and Perry will be gone after SC IMO. Not sure who else will drop then or when as in after FL.

Side note: Has anyone noticed Paul and Romney are the only two that have yet to attack each other in this nomination? Some critic during the break online at ABC even mentioned it as weird. Any chance a Romney/Paul ticket?

no , i would drop ron paul in a heartbeat if that was considered.

papitosabe
01-08-2012, 07:32 AM
no , i would drop ron paul in a heartbeat if that was considered.

me too...and not sure what the point would be, what could RP get done as a vp? I don't even know who the vp is now...j/j..

TomtheTinker
01-08-2012, 07:40 AM
Dont worry bout it....thats for the media to decide.:-)