PDA

View Full Version : Mitt's Answer about Contraception was very revealing

SonofThunder
01-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Well, maybe not to us on this forum, because we already know that he's an empty suit that just shills for the elites.

He said something like "I don't know what's in the Constitution I just know that no state is trying it so what does it matter?"

(Of course, he really lobbed us a softball with the "lets ask our Constitutionalist" but I'm focusing on the more subtle part here)

This is the mindset of SO MANY conservatives/Republicans/TEA Partiers that I talk to. They remind me of Mark Levin: he carries around a "pocket Constitution," but his answer to any question is a handful of words followed by "liberty, tyranny, constitution, liberty, terror, freedom, constitution, liberty, liberal, Obama." But he doesn't seem to actually understand the Constitution one bit.

This is NOT the mindset of any Ron Paul supporter I've ever talked to. I'm always amazed at how knowledgable this group is.

Unfortunately, for the end result of getting votes, I'm not sure this even matters. It is revealing though.

Brandon Todd Carr
01-08-2012, 12:05 AM
I wonder what would happen if they picked a random amendment and asked one of the other candidates if they agreed with it, what their response would be.

AlexG
01-08-2012, 12:08 AM
I found it surprising how little Romney has brushed up on the constitution from his "I would have to ask my lawyers" remark in 2007 to now where he publicly states "Let's ask the constitutionlist." He unashamedly dosent care about the constitution or the constitutionality of his policies.

donnay
01-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Not knowing about the constitution and seeking to be president and taking an oath to protect and defend the constitution is something the Paul campaign should zero in on.

SonofThunder
01-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Yeah I think a lot of Republicans would like to see a poll test so that no idiots would be allowed to vote - but hell I'd like to see the candidates have to take a test before they can get in the race.

SonofThunder
01-08-2012, 12:23 AM
I found it surprising how little Romney has brushed up on the constitution from his "I would have to ask my lawyers" remark in 2007 to now where he publicly states "Let's ask the constitutionlist." He unashamedly dosent care about the constitution or the constitutionality of his policies.This is what I was trying to get at

Captain Shays
01-08-2012, 01:51 PM
I came here this afternoon to find ONE POST about Santorum's position on banning contraception. I thought Mitt's resonse was sort of funny and I thought the question would have been just another typical stuupid question by those stupid moderators IF it wasn't a kill shot for Santorum. HE is the one who got off waaaaay too easy on that question because as I understand it, at some point (and I haven't done proper research on this) he DID suggest that contraceptives should literally be banned. If that is the case he should be, by now, dead in the water.

My idea would be to make up bumper stickers and or signs that say "Ban Contraceptives-Vote Santorum". And "Start WWIII Vote Santorum" or "Bomb Iran Vote Santorum".

The guy is a nut ball and should be revealed as such. The GOP should see him as poison by now but he's getting the "surge" treatment nstead.
I still think Mitt's response was funny and couldn't get it out of my head all day. He was like WTF? They work fine. Who wants to ban contraceptives?

Well honestly and seriously Santorum does.

jcarcinogen
01-08-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm watching a rebroadcast of this morning's debate on msnbc and Mitt isn't as repulsive as the other non-Rons.

Orwell
01-08-2012, 01:57 PM
I have to say, when Romney made the 'ask the Constitutionalist' like...Paul really did look like the smartest guy in the room and answered the question wonderfully.

Icymudpuppy
01-08-2012, 02:13 PM
I found out yesterday that one of my facebook friends is a cousin of Romney. He says that Mitt is a very honorable person in real life, but that he won't be voting for him because he knows that Mitt's problem is that he always tries to please everybody all the time. In trying to make everybody happy, he has become the ultimate chameleon on every issue. Mitt is not beholden to the corporations, but he is gullible enough to believe it when they tell him that the majority of Americans want something, and to satisfy the most people, Mitt should follow the majority. For that reason, he makes a great puppet, because he doesn't even know he's a puppet.

This friend is a Mormon, and has been a Huntsman supporter, but I'm slowly but surely convincing him that RP is the better choice. He's coming around.