PDA

View Full Version : JUST ANSWER NO!

coffeewithgames
01-07-2012, 11:11 PM
For crying out loud, I seriously wish RP would just say, "No, I'm not running as a third party, because I'm going to be the nominee."

zerosdontcount
01-07-2012, 11:12 PM
He wants them into being scared that Obama will win if they don't vote for him.

bbartlog
01-07-2012, 11:12 PM
We slagged Gingrich when he said that, because it sounded arrogant. Paul would also look arrogant. His answer in tonight's debate was fine.

Brandon Todd Carr
01-07-2012, 11:14 PM

This.

coffeewithgames
01-07-2012, 11:15 PM

Yea, that strategy worked great in Iowa...

agorist ninja
01-07-2012, 11:15 PM
The 3rd party card is one of the strongest in Ron's deck. As long as he keeps that alive, in the backs of peoples minds, they'll know he's the real power-broker in this entire cesspool of tyranny.

Besides, it's going to be hilarious to see all of the bed-wetting when he actually does run 3rd party. He's got waaaay too much integrity and devotion to the message of liberty to not give people a genuine choice in the general election.

refuge
01-07-2012, 11:19 PM
I agree, it did very well. We got the delegates we needed and got a top-tier finish in the straw poll.

Seriously, what would happen if he "just says no?" The GOP would feet better knowing that Paul won't be a threat if they can drive him out?

smtwngrl
01-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Seriously, what would happen if he "just says no?" The GOP would feet better knowing that Paul won't be a threat if they can drive him out?

Exactly. If they could get him to pledge not to run, they could feel comfortable in marginalizing him even more.

I think RP is keeping his options open--not because he wants or plans to run third party, but in case something happens that changes his mind. The chances of that are slim. But what if he went far in the primaries, and gained enough states to get the nomination, but was cheated out of the nomination?

I think that is one scenario in which he could decide to run third party. And yes, that's not likely.....but not impossible. We know how much opposition there has been to just the amount of success he has had so far.

lucent
01-07-2012, 11:32 PM

Yep, it worked great. We went from 6% to 21%.

01-07-2012, 11:35 PM
It would be incredibly stupid to rule out a 3rd party run. Ron is holding the whole GOP hostage and they know it. They can't win the white house without him.

LiveForHonortune
01-07-2012, 11:35 PM
No fucking way.

Paul needs this to have leverage over the GOP. They know they can't win without our support and he's the king maker or king.

The answer where he doesn't believe in absolutes is great.

libertybrewcity
01-07-2012, 11:47 PM
I was thinking this too. It's kind of annoying when they keep asking about it. I was thinking Ron might be better off focusing on other issues that are more pressing.

EndTheECB
01-07-2012, 11:56 PM
If Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination and decides to run 3rd party, I think it actually would benefit the GOP in the long run. After all - with this weak field and Flip-Flop Mitt Romney as the presumed nominee it would only reinforce what anyway would have happened - Obama wins and the GOP is in for four more years of opposition (Which I think would be better for Rand Pauls chances in 2016).

Boss
01-07-2012, 11:59 PM
I've come to enjoy the 3rd party questions

Each time its asked, its a not-so-hidden reminder that RP and his supporters have the Republican Party in a chokehold

Matthew Zak
01-08-2012, 12:04 AM
He doesn't need to say no, but he should say, "The last 14 or 15 times you asked me this I gave you the same answer. I'm on record. You remember."

Tod
01-08-2012, 12:05 AM
He's gotta leave that option on the table.

John F Kennedy III
01-08-2012, 12:14 AM

It did work in Iowa. One certain thing didn't though...

gerryb
01-08-2012, 12:58 AM
I wish Ron would send props to Gary Johnson at this point:

"Why do you keep asking me this? You already forced the only other fiscal conservative running to the Libertarian Party by ignoring him"

gerryb
01-08-2012, 12:59 AM
GJ is polling at 10% with Romney vs. Obama... Obama landslides it.

McChronagle
01-08-2012, 01:03 AM

iowa is one piece of the puzzle. still a lot more pieces to go.