PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone out there becoming suspicious of the teapartysite?

Dave Wood
11-09-2007, 08:33 PM
THink about the stolen IDS and CCs on NOV 5th....I could be really wrong here but is there a way to verify who these folks are...........

Signed, paranoid Of Identity theft :mad:

MozoVote
11-09-2007, 08:34 PM
HUH? All you have to do is go to Ron Paul's official site to donate. And the number of fraudulent cards on the 5th was very small.

Menthol Patch
11-09-2007, 08:34 PM
I think we need to have one official Tea Party website so there will be NO DOUBT they are legit.

awigo50
11-09-2007, 08:36 PM
THink about the stolen IDS and CCs on NOV 5th....I could be really wrong here but is there a way to verify who these folks are...........

All the donations should be going directly through the campaign site - www.ronpaul2008.com

You submit only your email address to the Nov 5th/ tea party :confused:

Dave Wood
11-09-2007, 08:37 PM
HUH? All you have to do is go to Ron Paul's official site to donate. And the number of fraudulent cards on the 5th was very small.

No........talking about this person who has been here since am trying to get THEIR teaparty08 site working..

I know where my cash is going but why is this person having so much trouble linking to a webpage.

Again signed, Paranoid

Steve4RP
11-09-2007, 08:38 PM
The 'teaparty07' site states to donate at the official campaign site...noted on the bottom of the page.

hopeforamerica
11-09-2007, 08:38 PM

Not at all, as everyone has stated already, the donation goes to RP's site.

Dave Wood
11-09-2007, 08:43 PM
look at the anger in the INDY Vidual thread on the front page.....somethin smells to me.

I will donate better than the $100 on teaparty day, but I will no longer PLEDGE to do so on any other site unless some of this crap can be straightened out.

I like what Trevor did.....he just laid it out there and said if you want to dontate here......

KewlRonduderules
11-09-2007, 08:47 PM
I think it is fine.

I am not sure what you are getting at?

These guys have been on here for a while and are legit.

I fail to see how they can use any credit cards because donations are made directly through the campaign site.

r3volution
11-09-2007, 08:52 PM
What Are You Smiking , Are You Sure You Are Going To The Correct Site ?

Dave Wood
11-09-2007, 08:53 PM
I think it is fine.

I am not sure what you are getting at?

These guys have been on here for a while and are legit.

I fail to see how they can use any credit cards because donations are made directly through the campaign site.

Fair enough....KewlRon

That is all I was looking for.

I dont like the idea of that last bomb with $3k in stolen credit turning into a demorilizing criminal event with possibly $millions stolen.

Thanks, feel better:o

ronpaulyourmom
11-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Trevor is actually on the team working on the teaparty07.com site.

Dave Wood
11-09-2007, 08:55 PM
What Are You Smiking , Are You Sure You Are Going To The Correct Site ?

I cant GET the site yet......wish I was smoking something now that you mention it:D

I got a new Cigar today...

r3volution
11-09-2007, 08:58 PM
I cant GET the site yet......wish I was smoking something now that you mention it:D

I got a new Cigar today...

just make sure you go to the teaparty07.COM site , the others are scams i believe . also never give any personal info (other than your email for the pledge) to any site other than Ron Paul's official site .

nayjevin
11-09-2007, 09:02 PM
if they don't own .info .org .net etc, and the others are scams, the site SHOULD NOT be used.

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-10-2007, 12:42 AM
ALWAYS go straight to the official site.

p.s. that tea party site doesnt even work?

Abobo
11-10-2007, 12:47 AM
What is wrong with you people?

NONE of the sites have ever once requested anything more than your email address. You can't steal someone's credit card with their email address for God's sake!

The .org site is NOT a scam. The site is rather ugly, but all they request is your email. And now they are linked to the same FeedBurner account as the .com site.

Jobarra
11-10-2007, 12:55 AM

NONE of the sites have ever once requested anything more than your email address. You can't steal someone's credit card with their email address for God's sake!

The .org site is NOT a scam. The site is rather ugly, but all they request is your email. And now they are linked to the same FeedBurner account as the .com site.
Please realize the .org and .net site has been changed several times. When I first saw it, it didn't have the official site on it from what I could see. When I first saw it they DID request name and email. These were registered without discussion on here and they utilized graphics/movies that were created for the .com site. You can possibly see how we are a little paranoid of that? Also, since these people are unknown, they could have the site up until the day of the donations and then spoof a link to make it look like the official website and just take the money. Also, with the names, they would have been able to actually make donations appear on the donation widget.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
11-10-2007, 12:58 AM
Can somebody provide a link to the teaparty site?

mfoley1
11-10-2007, 01:00 AM
http://teaparty07.com

Abobo
11-10-2007, 01:11 AM
Please realize the .org and .net site has been changed several times. When I first saw it, it didn't have the official site on it from what I could see. When I first saw it they DID request name and email. These were registered without discussion on here and they utilized graphics/movies that were created for the .com site. You can possibly see how we are a little paranoid of that? Also, since these people are unknown, they could have the site up until the day of the donations and then spoof a link to make it look like the official website and just take the money. Also, with the names, they would have been able to actually make donations appear on the donation widget.

Some random points.

1) Just because it was created without this forum's knowledge does not mean no one knows about it. It could be a meetup group that created it.

2) ANY Ron Paul site could put up a fake link rather easily. It's no special problem with just this one.

3) Unless they had control of the widget they would not be able to make someone's name appear.

4) This is not something scammer would waste their time with. A scammer could make a lot of money a lot faster with getting people's bank account numbers and PayPal passwords. Going through the entire process of creating a website, waiting over a month, just to get credit card numbers would be rather retarded.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
11-10-2007, 01:11 AM
http://teaparty07.com

Thanks...

qwerty
11-10-2007, 01:14 AM
If You Are Paranoid, Just Make An Hotmail Account And Sign in With That!

American
11-10-2007, 01:15 AM
Oh well still doesnt work for me, I also sent a email to the restoretherepublic folks about the site they are promoting which is the .org version.

As long as donations go to the http://ronpaul2008.com/donate I dont see a problem. Cant really keep track fo the people this way, but if I cant get to the other site then I cant sing up anyways.

antboy
11-10-2007, 01:26 AM
No........talking about this person who has been here since am trying to get THEIR teaparty08 site working..

I know where my cash is going but why is this person having so much trouble linking to a webpage.

Again signed, Paranoid

You meant teaparty07, not teaparty08, right?

www.teaparty07.com is working just fine for me, and clearly states all contributions should go to the official campaign site.

Jobarra
11-10-2007, 01:30 AM
Some random points.

1) Just because it was created without this forum's knowledge does not mean no one knows about it. It could be a meetup group that created it.

2) ANY Ron Paul site could put up a fake link rather easily. It's no special problem with just this one.

3) Unless they had control of the widget they would not be able to make someone's name appear.

4) This is not something scammer would waste their time with. A scammer could make a lot of money a lot faster with getting people's bank account numbers and PayPal passwords. Going through the entire process of creating a website, waiting over a month, just to get credit card numbers would be rather retarded.
1) The site was being worked on by people here. CNN viewed the Ron Paul Forums to talk about the tea party 07 website. The .com site was registered on 10/25/07. The .net and .org sites were registered on 11/08/07, the day OF the CNN broadcast. The video on the website was made for the .com website and clearly showed the .com link in it. Since the video and the graphics were stuff that were being done here, it is pretty unlikely that the person didn't know about the links to these forums, yet said nothing when people began asking about whose site it was.

2) Agreed, any site could put one up. The fact that the website was talked about on CNN and the fact that the sites were registered the day of the interview anonymously throws up WAY more red flags.

3) Incorrect, if they spoofed the page, they could get the name and address and submit a $5 donation to the real site and the person who donated would be none the wiser if they were looking at the widget on the fake site or any other site.

4) Don't underestimate scammers.

Any illegitimate actions by scammers could hurt this grassroots effort WAY more than general apathy. You'll forgive me if I'm not accepting of numerous coincidental occurances within a short time period. I'm not saying there aren't others fundraising out there, but the CNN coverage lends credance to the 'official' teaparty07.com site over the .net and .org versions. Heck, there are others on this forum that have registered other websites and are pointing or linking to the teaparty07.com website.

The sites are pointing to the .com site so hopefully all of this is behind us.

Funnily enough though, I STILL cannot get to the .com website :D

Richandler
11-10-2007, 01:39 AM
I say we let the guy who did the 5th run his own site ditch this non working tea party and do weekend of libery like we were planning on doing. Right now it's a mess.

chrismatthews
11-10-2007, 02:16 AM
$3000 stolen dollars on credit cards, out of 4.2 millions in transactions, is a lot better than the average for daily credit card use.

Don't buy into the media nonsense on this issue.

A more truthful headline would have been,

"Ron Paul lowers credit card fraud rate nationally, before even gaining the Republican nomination..."

:)

chrismatthews
11-10-2007, 02:17 AM
I say we let the guy who did the 5th run his own site ditch this non working tea party and do weekend of libery like we were planning on doing. Right now it's a mess.

The site works fine for me, i don't see it as a mess at all. It may not have fully propagated to your location, but i imagine it should have by now.

literatim
11-10-2007, 02:36 AM
Fair enough....KewlRon

That is all I was looking for.

I dont like the idea of that last bomb with $3k in stolen credit turning into a demorilizing criminal event with possibly $millions stolen.

Thanks, feel better:o

The stolen credit card thing happened quite awhile before November 5th.

Energy
11-10-2007, 02:36 AM

It was good to be cautious about the non .com ones. Say a scammer only collects an email. On the day of the event, the scammer can send out an email with a link to a phished ronpaul2008 site. There will be a percentage that falls for it, some lazy to type in ronpaul2008.com and will click the phished link.

RonPaulIsGreat
11-10-2007, 02:55 AM
Weren't the credit cards used stolen from a bank. I sell a lot online, and what happened was someone stole some credit cards(not from the ron paul sites), and then to check if the cards had been cancelled, they made a very small transaction to Ron Paul, this is not new, many donation oriented sites are targeted this way. Because, they accept any amount(generally), or low enough amount to be insignificant. Then when they see the 5.00 dollars went through, they go and buy something for 1000's of dollars on a commerce site until it maxes out.

This has been happening for years, and it's not the receiving sites that have a security breach. What happened is like if someone stole your card(in real world), went to burger king to make sure it worked(not burger kings fault), once they saw that the little 5.00 dollars went through, they run straight to Wal-Mart and max it out.

The ron paul site is a victim here not anyway, responsible for the theft of the cards,at all. The responsibility lies with the institution from whom the numbers were stolen.

The media spin on this is not fair, this is old hat stuff, that has been happening, in one form or another for a very long time. And I've never seen the victim of receiving the stolen funds disparaged before. The Paul site gains nothing in this, except having to pay extra transaction fees.
Simple as that.

It is ignorance of how the system works, that makes people think badly of Ron Paul sites, or the donation drive. HE WAS A VICTIM, not the cause.

robert4rp08
11-10-2007, 02:59 AM
$3000 stolen dollars on credit cards, out of 4.2 millions in transactions, is a lot better than the average for daily credit card use.

Don't buy into the media nonsense on this issue.

A more truthful headline would have been,

"Ron Paul lowers credit card fraud rate nationally, before even gaining the Republican nomination..."

:)

brilliant :D