PDA

View Full Version : Romney Flip-Flopped 3 times within 1 debate answer!

JJ2
01-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Did you catch how Romney took about 3 different sides within 1 minute on the right-to-privacy/contraception issue? He looked and sounded incredibly confused and flustered. Then Ron Paul gives a very concise, clear, and passionate answer. What a contrast.

It sounded like even George Stephanopolous caught it and said that Romney had given "two answers."

Someone needs to make an AD out of this. It was incredible.

And George even said, "You went to Harvard Law, so of course you know about this Supreme Court case" and then Romney said he had no clue about it! LOL.

EDIT: Thinking back on it, I think it was more like 5 positions he took on it. I hope someone Youtubes it.

freeforall
01-07-2012, 10:07 PM
I didn't even think they were asking him whether or not a state should ban contraception, but they were using it as an example to ask if the constitution allowed them to do so. Seemed like an easy opportunity to demonstrate an understanding of state vs federal law without even taking a position. Instead, he made it clear that he didn't know.

Did I misinterpret that moment?

Maximus
01-07-2012, 10:14 PM
I didn't even think they were asking him whether or not a state should ban contraception, but they were using it as an example to ask if the constitution allowed them to do so. Seemed like an easy opportunity to demonstrate an understanding of state vs federal law without even taking a position. Instead, he made it clear that he didn't know.

Did I misinterpret that moment?

It's a missed opportunity because everyone in America was asking "Why are we even talking about contraception". They won't care that Romney flip flopped.

Dr.3D
01-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Mitt's answers make me think even he can't remember how he stands on most issues.

JJ2
01-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Mitt's answers make me think even he can't remember how he stands on most issues.

Yes, that's exactly how he comes across.