PDA

View Full Version : Who are these guys???? $300,000 spent on SC ads by a new Ron Paul super PAC

rocky
01-07-2012, 09:45 PM
These ads may not be of the same cinematic quality as the campaigns....but boy are they good!

SC is about to get blitzed! Who is this "Santa Rita SuperPAC"?....IMHO, their ads are superior.....I'm gonna donate money to them from now on instead of the campaign.

have a look at all 6 ads. My favorite is "mask"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fta4EkJSh14&feature=autoplay&list=ULegQjAXTls-E&lf=mfu_channel&playnext=3

robmpreston
01-07-2012, 09:46 PM
The ads aren't very good tbh, but I'm glad someone is spending this kind of money. I just wish they'd collaborate with some of the better people in our community to have better quality ads.

RonPaulRules
01-07-2012, 09:47 PM
They message's are really good. The quality of the actual ads are High School level.

RileyE104
01-07-2012, 09:48 PM
I'm gonna donate money to them from now on instead of the campaign.

Do what you want with your own money but I'm shaking my head at you right now for even contemplating that...

bluesc
01-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Something about your over-enthusiasm is off. If you really are considering donating to them rather than the campaign, give it to the campaign.

realtonygoodwin
01-07-2012, 09:49 PM
These ads may not be of the same cinematic quality as the campaigns....but boy are they good!

SC is about to get blitzed! Who is this "Santa Rita SuperPAC"?....IMHO, their ads are superior.....I'm gonna donate money to them from now on instead of the campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fta4EkJSh14&feature=autoplay&list=ULegQjAXTls-E&lf=mfu_channel&playnext=3

The ads are okay. No way are they better than the campaign. You can do what you want with your money, but the campaign puts out much higher quality ads. "Mask" is probably the worst of all those ads for South Carolina voters.

SonofThunder
01-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Are we getting spammed by this SuperPAC?

I've seen a couple of odd threads like this tonight.

Is this really a SuperPAC or just someone trying to scam us for money?

RileyE104
01-07-2012, 09:51 PM

I'm starting to get curious of that as well..

A mod should check the IP of these posters who just joined THIS MONTH that have been talking about the new SR-SuperPAC.

moonshine5757
01-07-2012, 09:52 PM
loved them all!

bluesc
01-07-2012, 09:52 PM

I don't trust them. I hate the idea of super PACs anyway, but let's be honest, we are easy to rip off. Anything Ron Paul related, we throw money at it without question. Just give money to the campaign and let super PACs go after big donors as they are meant to.

Vet_from_cali
01-07-2012, 09:53 PM
OMG nice

never heard of the PAC b4, but glad we got their support!

RonPaulVolunteer
01-07-2012, 09:54 PM
"Jan 2012"

CaptainAmerica
01-07-2012, 09:56 PM
im donating to Pauls campaign!pacs are for people who maxed out donating to Rons campaign.

rocky
01-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Do what you want with your own money but I'm shaking my head at you right now for even contemplating that...

I refuse to pay for anymore useless anti-Gingrich or anti-Santorum ads.

When the campaign decides to unload on Romney, or maybe run some pro-military and Senior focused ads - then I'll donate again.

bluesc
01-07-2012, 09:57 PM
im donating to Pauls campaign!pacs are for people who maxed out donating to Rons campaign.

RevPAC is. These outside groups that pop up with no backstory shouldn't get any money from us. They should have to have personal contact with big donors and gain their trust.

Oddone
01-07-2012, 09:59 PM
This PAC is run by Donald Huffine and his Borthers. They are super rich. They own radios stations, Auto groups and tons of Houseing communites in DFW. The money is theirs and I'll bet they started their own PAC so no one could tell them how to use the money. Otherwise they could have donated to the RevPAC.

Edit: DO NOT PUSH THESE GUYS AWAY! Donate to the Campaign, and give thanks to this new PAC. This New PAC could bring in WAY more money than the RevPAC ever will. Huffine has deep pockets and rich friends.

RileyE104

When the campaign decides to unload on Romney, or maybe run some pro-military and Senior focused ads - then I'll donate again.

There are no more anti-Gingrich ads running and the anti-Santorum ad was aimed at him in South Carolina, which is important due to his surge there.

The campaign is running an anti-Romney radio ad in New Hampshire and has been for the entire week. If you haven't heard it, I'll PM it to you.

rocky
RevPAC is. These outside groups that pop up with no backstory shouldn't get any money from us. They should have to have personal contact with big donors and gain their trust.

My understanding is that they have already dropped the 300,000K. That comes from Jake Tapper's twiiter. Ads start running Monday.

bluesc
01-07-2012, 10:00 PM

Oh look, an armchair strategist.

"OMG GUYZ THEY ARE RUNNING THE WRONG ADS!!" >> "OH LOOK GUYS THIS RANDOM OUTSIDE GROUP POPPED UP WITH THESE GREAT (terrible) ADS!! I WILL ONLY BE GIVING MONEY TO THEM FROM NOW ON **please do the same please do the same please do the same**!!!" >> ??? >>> Profit.

rocky
01-07-2012, 10:01 PM
There are no more anti-Gingrich ads running and the anti-Santorum ad was aimed at him in South Carolina, which is important due to his surge there.

The campaign is running an anti-Romney radio ad in New Hampshire and has been for the entire week. If you haven't heard it, I'll PM it to you.

Yes, please do. But why no TV ads against Romney? You think maybe the campaign is afraid of a possible multi-million dollar retaliation from Mitt's PAC?

LandonCook
01-07-2012, 10:02 PM

As a 4 year marketing professional I can tell you that those ADs are horrible and are a waste of money... Potentially harmful.

rocky
Oh look, an armchair strategist.

"OMG GUYZ THEY ARE RUNNING THE WRONG ADS!!" >> "OH LOOK GUYS THIS RANDOM OUTSIDE GROUP POPPED UP WITH THESE GREAT (terrible) ADS!! I WILL ONLY BE GIVING MONEY TO THEM FROM NOW ON **please do the same please do the same please do the same**!!!" >> ??? >>> Profit.

Im just frustrated that we keep IGNORING the Seniors and playing footsies with Mittens.

Nothing "armchair" about that. SENIORS WIN PRIMARIES!

Brandon Todd Carr
Honorable effort but amateur quality.

jkob
01-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Simple ads but always good to have more help

brendan.orourke
01-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Good content, but they look like power point presentations.

Captain America
01-07-2012, 10:05 PM
I love this.

Liberty74
01-07-2012, 10:06 PM
They aren't great ads but they do put Paul out there with some additional exposure costing $300K. Not sure how far that goes in SC...

Honestly, after seeing what they have put out, I would never donate to them.

mmadness
01-07-2012, 10:07 PM
I like them, with the exception of the ones criticizing Bush.

KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) Works!

liveandletlive
01-07-2012, 10:07 PM
They message's are really good. The quality of the actual ads are High School level.

LMAO...truth hurts

very lacking in substance. No one's voting for Paul because the Movie Previews guy said he's the guy to vote for

Agorism
01-07-2012, 10:10 PM
can someone post all 6 ads..

D.A.S.
01-07-2012, 10:14 PM
The ads are simple and effective and professional. You don't need the movie blockbuster quality ads like the campaign is putting out to be effective - you guys are the internet crowd and very multimedia savvy, while a lot of people these ads are meant to reach are not. They are simple, effective, and deliver the nitty gritty quickly. It's an honorable effort, and we need all the help we can get in SC. These ads will help enormously, since these guys apparently can afford to disseminate them ALL over the state.

JohnGalt23g
01-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Just so y'all know, Shel Adelson (Las Vegas Sands Corp) just kicked in $5 million to a pro-Newt SuperPAC, and it sounds like it is for SC.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/billionaire-adelson-gives-millions-to-gingrich-super-pac/2012/01/07/gIQAXI6rhP_story.html

The campaign (and the grassroots) might want to reconsider our commitment to South Carolina. It sounds like it is going to be a bloodbath there.

Razmear
01-07-2012, 10:15 PM
As a 4 year marketing professional I can tell you that those ADs are horrible and are a waste of money... Potentially harmful.

WTF? Are you on crack?

Razmear
01-07-2012, 10:17 PM
can someone post all 6 ads..

The OP is a link to a playlist that plays them all. I thought they were quite good, and they will play good here in SC.

bluesc
01-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Just so y'all know, Shel Adelson (Las Vegas Sands Corp) just kicked in $5 million to a pro-Newt SuperPAC, and it sounds like it is for SC.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/billionaire-adelson-gives-millions-to-gingrich-super-pac/2012/01/07/gIQAXI6rhP_story.html

The campaign (and the grassroots) might want to reconsider our commitment to South Carolina. It sounds like it is going to be a bloodbath there.

Dammit we need a well funded superPAC.

Razmear
01-07-2012, 10:18 PM

SC is a "Winner Take All" state, the campaign shouldn't be focusing too hard here, but glad the PAC is making the effort.

steph3n
01-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Guys you are all acting like kids here.

This superpac was setup not to take your money, but for some wealthy people to spend their own.

Tyler_Durden
01-07-2012, 10:20 PM
We need a super PAC on this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?347737-War-on-Two-Fronts-The-GOP-and-the-Corporate-Media

r3volution
01-07-2012, 10:30 PM
arguing about ads , i love it . now this is what i call top tier . we must be doing something right ..

refuge
01-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Not sure if the Bush stuff would appeal to the older voters.

Also, what's wrong with donating to RevPac? Don't they have that one ad that appeals to the seniors?

Kenso
01-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Those ads should do fine in SC. The mask/Bush ad might be the only questionable one for SC voters but overall very good I think. Nice ad regarding his overwhelming support/donations from members of the military and his service in the Air Force.

Kojack
01-07-2012, 11:25 PM
I'm in SC and these ads look like they'll play pretty good here, especially the military one.

It's probably way too long to ever get shown on the air, but I'd like to see an updated version of this one hit the airwaves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as3AYVzWmOI

Crickett
01-07-2012, 11:35 PM

Useless? I think these ads (especially the Newt ones, all being true) crushed those candidates like bugs..Where have you been?

daviddee
01-07-2012, 11:46 PM

PeteinLA
01-07-2012, 11:47 PM
I like em. Fire them up I say!

Chester Copperpot
01-07-2012, 11:48 PM
I thought their commercials were good..

Maybe somebody in SC can tell us if any of these have aired on TV

GunnyFreedom
01-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Not the best production quality, but dead solid on the issues. I think these will play better in SC than high production quality ads will.

Publicani
01-07-2012, 11:56 PM
I am doubting your marketing professional credential. Your comment without any backing is pure bs.

GunnyFreedom
01-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Look guys, I'm going to be dead honest. SC was my biggest gut-check worry for all of 2012. I've been DEEPLY worried about SC since September at least. I wasn't talking about it because we need to keep and build momentum. I canvassed SC in 2008. I spent the first 6 years of my life in SC. I still have friends in SC. Watching these ads from the Santa Rita SuperPAC...

I suddenly have real hope for SC.

Real hope.

I know how SC is. These are EXACTLY what we need there.

I am convinced that these ads will do us better in SC than the Rev SuperPAC and the PCC combined.

That's nothing against them, SC is just. different.

Slick production value they aren't going to like. Concise, hard-hitting, truthbombs packaged in the way they talk and think. That's what wins SC.

I'm dead serious. I literally had no hope for SC until now.These ads give me hope for NC. This Santa Rita SuperPAC, whoever the heck they are, they know SC and they mean business.

GunnyFreedom
01-08-2012, 12:09 AM
The OP is a link to a playlist that plays them all. I thought they were quite good, and they will play good here in SC.

Thank you. My guess is a bunch of the people commenting in this thread have never been to South Carolina.

GunnyFreedom
01-08-2012, 12:11 AM
And I don't mean we should divert any money away from the PCC and the Rev SuperPAC either. Obviously these SantaRita SuperPAC people found money somewhere outside of us. I say more power to them.

TheDriver
01-08-2012, 12:13 AM

I like these ads, not so much the voice, but the message is strong!

TNforPaul45
01-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Those were horrible.

Stick with RevPac please.

mmadness
01-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Those were horrible.

Stick with RevPac please.

Why? And why can't we support both?

angrydragon
01-08-2012, 01:04 AM
Look guys, I'm going to be dead honest. SC was my biggest gut-check worry for all of 2012. I've been DEEPLY worried about SC since September at least. I wasn't talking about it because we need to keep and build momentum. I canvassed SC in 2008. I spent the first 6 years of my life in SC. I still have friends in SC. Watching these ads from the Santa Rita SuperPAC...

I suddenly have real hope for SC.

Real hope.

I know how SC is. These are EXACTLY what we need there.

I am convinced that these ads will do us better in SC than the Rev SuperPAC and the PCC combined.

That's nothing against them, SC is just. different.

Slick production value they aren't going to like. Concise, hard-hitting, truthbombs packaged in the way they talk and think. That's what wins SC.

I'm dead serious. I literally had no hope for SC until now.These ads give me hope for NC. This Santa Rita SuperPAC, whoever the heck they are, they know SC and they mean business.

I liked the Santa Rita SuperPac - What the Polls Show and Santa Rita SuperPac - Electibility.