PDA

View Full Version : They are cutting off the mic on Ron Paul during the Debate

Magicman
01-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Is anyone else see how desperate the News is getting on silencing Ron Paul?

Jeremy
01-07-2012, 08:37 PM
A mistake is highly more probable than a conspiracy.

Magicman
01-07-2012, 08:49 PM

Nah, I think it's the other way around when it happens twice in the debate and especially after it was a commercial break. Then you see stuff like this too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0xWBkKtscM&feature=youtu.be

sevin
01-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Nah, I think it's the other way around when it happens twice in the debate and especially after it was a commercial break. Then you see stuff like this too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0xWBkKtscM&feature=youtu.be

wtf, that is creepy! Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a movie like V for Vendetta or something.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-07-2012, 10:35 PM
They completely censored the soldier speaking for Ron Paul, so I'm not surprised they'd try it again.

amy31416
01-07-2012, 10:44 PM
The first time RP was responding, not only did the sound go out twice (didn't happen for anyone else), but the volume went down to where you could barely hear him. That also did not happen for any other candidate.

I'm no conspiracist, but come on.

All Ways
01-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Didn't notice, but did notice some kind of annoying bell sound that broke his concentration.

satchelmcqueen
01-07-2012, 10:55 PM
lol theyre desperate now.

JK/SEA
01-07-2012, 11:44 PM
I expect a streaker in sunday's debate will interrupt Ron during his foreign policy question. It will be John Sunnunu doing a cameo appearence.

donnay
01-07-2012, 11:56 PM
The first time RP was responding, not only did the sound go out twice (didn't happen for anyone else), but the volume went down to where you could barely hear him. That also did not happen for any other candidate.

I'm no conspiracist, but come on.

It's got nothing to do with being a conspiracy theorist, it has everything to do with being awake and knowing the truth that TPTB are literally frightened by Dr. Paul's message waking up others!

Lothario
01-08-2012, 12:01 AM
the truth that TPTB are literally frightened by Dr. Paul's message waking up others!

Pretty bluntly laid out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr9k7qXfhdE&feature=player_embedded

Chester Copperpot
01-08-2012, 12:04 AM
that lady didnt just lose her feed.. she stopped talking.. like she was told to stop

AlexAmore
01-08-2012, 05:48 AM
Holy shit we need to make a media documentary. H O L Y S H I T.

ShaneEnochs
01-08-2012, 07:02 AM
Pretty bluntly laid out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr9k7qXfhdE&feature=player_embedded

I never understood the statement here. Why would they be laid off?

Anyway, I don't think it's a conspiracy. I think it's very odd, I think it's very unprofessional, but it's a little too out in the open for a conspiracy I think.

pcosmar
01-08-2012, 07:04 AM

http://freerangelibrarian.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/pollyanna.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollyanna_principle

Travlyr
01-08-2012, 07:18 AM
It would be good to get the opinion of an audio engineer because a microphone malfunction in the middle of a debate sure is unprofessional. Why are the media pretending high school level production quality is appropriate for national TV? They don't fact check YouTube videos before reporting on its credibility? They don't check equipment prior to production? They ask the same stupid questions over and over and over again.

What is it about Ron Paul's message they don't want people to know?

vechorik
01-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Is anyone else see how desperate the News is getting on silencing Ron Paul?

Don't think so -- things happen.

papitosabe
01-08-2012, 07:26 AM
I never understood the statement here. Why would they be laid off?

Anyway, I don't think it's a conspiracy. I think it's very odd, I think it's very unprofessional, but it's a little too out in the open for a conspiracy I think.

because if there are no more wars, no more occupations of the middle east, then there are less stories to write about...

123tim
01-08-2012, 07:50 AM
that lady didnt just lose her feed.. she stopped talking.. like she was told to stop

No, That was a freeze caused by loss of the digital feed.
The frame froze at the point where the signal was lost.
What you didn't see (during this frozen frame) was the reporter being pulled away while getting slugged several times . :)

Philhelm
01-08-2012, 08:37 AM
This is getting ridiculous. At this point, it's like the story "Boy Who Cried Wolf." Even if it were an accident, such "accidents" have happened so often that I'm not going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-08-2012, 08:40 AM

That would ordinarily be true, but they did this to him at several debates last cycle too, and it was always only him that had the problems. (I'm assuming that wasn;t an inside joke or something, btw.)

Magicman
01-08-2012, 09:21 AM
That would ordinarily be true, but they did this to him at several debates last cycle too, and it was always only him that had the problems. (I'm assuming that wasn;t an inside joke or something, btw.)

I personally think the establishment gets off on pissing us Ron Paul supporters meanwhile they know the average viewer is not paying attention to it. If Ron Paul complained more they'd just call him a grumpy whiny old man and ignore the obvious truth to this obsession with attacking Ron Paul.

MelissaWV
01-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Yeah... I hated it when Romney's mic went crazy last night, too, and he sounded like a cartoon.

Wait what?

Seriously. The sound crew last night had all kinds of problems, and the REASON they had those problems is most likely the way they were messing with the levels between the audience and the various mics. When Ron's went down, other mics were turned up, and there was the feedback issue to boot. When Romney's went squeaky, you could hear others' mics turned up. Someone was basically given an overcomplicated direction to turn mics up and down throughout and the inevitable happened.

Nahhhh.

donnay
01-08-2012, 10:53 AM
It would be good to get the opinion of an audio engineer because a microphone malfunction in the middle of a debate sure is unprofessional. Why are the media pretending high school level production quality is appropriate for national TV? They don't fact check YouTube videos before reporting on its credibility? They don't check equipment prior to production? They ask the same stupid questions over and over and over again.

What is it about Ron Paul's message they don't want people to know?

Unbridled Liberty and Freedom for all!

Athan
01-09-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm not a consipracy guy. You should realize that abc is supposed to be a "professional" (LMAO!) "news" organization. They have the resources to correct this. If the mic is bad, the third moderator could have switched it as soon as a problem was found.

Noob
01-09-2012, 09:43 AM
They did this in the last election also.