PDA

View Full Version : War on Two Fronts - The GOP and the Corporate Media

Tyler_Durden
01-07-2012, 06:32 PM
"Really Fox? cited Ron's RCP average in NH at 12.6. REALLY at 20.2"
This---->http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?347718-Really-Fox-cited-Ron-s-RCP-polling-average-in-NH-at-12.6-REALLY-gt-20.2/page3

"Chuck Todd just on MSNBC -ARG polls are still Shady, Paul is still #2"
And this---> http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?347961-Chuck-Todd-just-on-MSNBC-ARG-Polls-are-little-shady-Paul-is-still-2

"Are we ready for the manufactured Huntsman surge?"
And this---> http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?346895-Are-we-ready-for-the-manufactured-Huntsman-surge

"CBS Propaganda video -Still Looking for More"
This --->http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?348034-CBS-Propaganda-Video-Looking-for-more

"How much money would it take to completely bypass the media?"
This----> http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?348015-How-much-money-would-it-take-to-completely-bypass-the-media

MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell Lies About Paul Not Serving to Play up Huntsman"
This-->http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?347975-video-MSNBC-s-Lawrence-O-Donnell-Lies-About-Paul-Not-Serving-to-Play-Up-Huntsman

"CNN Did their Job"
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?353187-CNN-did-their-job..

"I Am Seriously Pissed Off!!"
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?353212-I-am-seriously-PISSED-OFF!

Alot of separate conversations keep happening in the forum, which comes back to the same point. The Corporate Media is a bigger Adversary than actually WINNING the Nomination!

We need to end the splintered conversations and get on the same page about exposing the Corporate Media's lies and distortions. As ANGRY as supporters become when we see the MSM lies, BlackOutsand bias, a fundraiser or MoneyBomb for a PAC-created television ad or TV Spot could generate hefty revenue. Exposing the Corporate Media lies/disinformation/marginalization may help educate the Masses about the orchestrated attempts to marginalize/smear Dr. Paul and poll results.

Think about it. We are not just fighting the GOP Candidates. We are fighting the Media too!! The Campaign and PAC's pay for TV airtime exposing the other Candidates flaws. On the other front, we need airtime exposing the Media. If Dr. Paul loses, it WON'T be because of a stronger Candidate. It will be because of the Media tactics. We all know this.....

If we expose them through paid commercials/infomercials, the Masses will become educated and the Corporate Media will be sent a message that we are fed up with their tactics and we are fighting back. They will then be forced to provide accurate information in an effort to avoid "being outed."
Its time to fight Fire with Fire and Defeat our Real Adversary at their own Game.

"Serial Hypocrisy" targeted Newt.
It's time for "Serial Disinformation" to target the Media

Times like these could generate alot of money for airtime..............

lly4now
01-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Without a doubt, the only way we're going to win this battle is by spreading the message to the people directly, on our own means. The GOP and the MSM certainly won't do it for us. The only way we will be in a position to continue reaching out directly is with momentum and sustained energy from the campaign and the grassroots. I sincerely hope it works out.

Tyler_Durden
01-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Bumping. I think this HAS to happen. A bunch of Jon Stewart videos on YouTube wont do the trick. We need airtime.

seapilot
01-07-2012, 07:02 PM
The question is going forward with that idea, are the broadcast stations going to take money to run ads that exposes their parent companies? They know they still have control over a large percentage of the people. Why would they run ads that could risk damaging that power and control?

Tyler_Durden
01-07-2012, 07:06 PM
The question is going forward with that idea, are the broadcast stations going to take money to run ads that exposes their parent companies? They know they still have control over a large percentage of the people. Why would they run ads that could risk damaging that power and control?

My spouse asked the same. Can they refuse to allow the airtime if the Ad is professionally formatted, factually supported and doesn't discriminate among outlets (ABC, Fox, CNN, etc)?

"Media - "Serial Disinformation"

RonPaulRules
01-07-2012, 07:12 PM
We should plan a money bomb for a huge TV Ad Blitz to out the MSM. We need serious money for this.

Jack Bauer
01-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Unfortunately for the GOP, even if we don't end up winning we have the ability to make sure that THEY LOSE.

Its our trump card and they don't seem to realize its power. Yet.

Of course, it may not matter in the grand scheme of things because most of Obama's policies are the same as the GOPs.

But it will SHOCK the rank and file GOP voters to see their candidate lose to Obummber.

hazek
01-07-2012, 07:18 PM
You are wrong OP, we are only fighting the corporate media. The GOP defeats itself with their ridiculous ideas.

Tyler_Durden
01-07-2012, 07:23 PM
You are wrong OP, we are only fighting the corporate media. The GOP defeats itself with their ridiculous ideas.

Well there it is. Where are attack ads exposing Corporate Media? Even if we only bought local airtime in the key early States, it will help. I love the Serial Hypocrisy ads aired in target markets. Where are our "Media - Serial Disinformation" TV ads?

LandonCook
01-07-2012, 07:34 PM
The only way to beat the media is through competition.... The internet does this, but not for old farts... Any they arn't going to switch cus you say they should...

Tyler_Durden
01-07-2012, 07:47 PM
The only way to beat the media is through competition.... The internet does this, but not for old farts... Any they arn't going to switch cus you say they should...

My 35 year old neighbor and his wife said Ron Paul is "unelectable."
My 42yr old cousin said Ron Paul is crazy about Iran.

Those perceptions are fed by the Corporate Media. A TV ad would extend beyond just the older voters. Aside from that, it exposes the Media lies to the Media itself. They won't like that kind of bad press. Additionally, EVERYTIME a Campaign Ad is released, it is played and written about by the Media (free press). The possibilities here are endless..... I'm not the only one saying this. Why is this not happening?

Roy Bleckert
01-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Yes the Establishment Media spinners need to be exposed & at the end of this mornings post debate coverage Chris Matthews said something like ... It would be good if Ron Paul was of of the way

Also Chris & others were citing the earlier poll of Mittens @ 39% & Ron @ 17% ... & Adrea M did correct it some what & did say IIRC that Mittens was @ 35 % in the most recent poll & IIRC she did not mention Ron had move from 17% to 20 %

This post debate spinning/shaping the news & playing loose with the facts @ best really needs to be put front & center so peeps have a clear understanding on how the establishment shapes the thinking of the masses

For the Benefit of The Establishment

@ the Expense of the People

MsDoodahs
01-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Unfortunately for the GOP, even if we don't end up winning we have the ability to make sure that THEY LOSE.

Of course, it may not matter in the grand scheme of things because most of Obama's policies are the same as the GOPs.

But it will SHOCK the rank and file GOP voters to see their candidate lose to Obummber.

True.

The GOP rank and file need to understand that if they don't nominate Paul, we're large enough in numbers that we make a second Obama term inevitable.

Tyler_Durden
01-08-2012, 12:31 PM
True.

The GOP rank and file need to understand that if they don't nominate Paul, we're large enough in numbers that we make a second Obama term inevitable.

These are talking points we are all aware of. We need to fight fire with fire. If the Corp Media wants to blast skewed poll numbers, disinformation, etc, we need TV ads to counter. Checks and balance while educating the end consumers....

Kevin Smyth
01-08-2012, 12:33 PM
My 35 year old neighbor and his wife said Ron Paul is "unelectable."
My 42yr old cousin said Ron Paul is crazy about Iran.

Those perceptions are fed by the Corporate Media. A TV ad would extend beyond just the older voters. Aside from that, it exposes the Media lies to the Media itself. They won't like that kind of bad press. Additionally, EVERYTIME a Campaign Ad is released, it is played and written about by the Media (free press). The possibilities here are endless..... I'm not the only one saying this. Why is this not happening?

An ad is not as effective as Fox News 24/7 coverage which expresses the opposite view, it is a question of volume, when the Fox News audience hears the same 'Iran is dangerous' message week after week they simply believe it. A one minute ad saying that Iran is not dangerous is not going to negate the 24/7 message which says the opposite.

Tyler_Durden
01-08-2012, 12:40 PM
An ad is not as effective as Fox News 24/7 coverage which expresses the opposite view, it is a question of volume, when the Fox News audience hears the same 'Iran is dangerous' message week after week they simply believe it. A one minute ad saying that Iran is not dangerous is not going to negate the 24/7 message which says the opposite.

I'm not recommending an ad about Iran. That was just one example of public perception. I'm saying a TV ad that shows how the Corporate Media manipulates poll results, feeds disinformation (ex: calling the Huntsman video a Paul/supporters "campaign ad"), etc.

libertygrl
01-08-2012, 01:16 PM
I would be all for this but I'm afraid at this point in the race it will only appear that RP and his supporters are a bunch of whiners. I think we just have to continually pound out Dr. Paul's message - and choose powerfuls words, quotes and FACTS (including those foreign experts who agree with RP)in a repetitve manner such as they do.

I know it's an uphill battle, but I think the media has been doing the best job in discrediting itself. I get very angry like the rest of you guys. There are days I want to throw the remote at the tv screen! But I noticed that the worst they get, the more they shoot themselves in the foot and expose themselves for who they really are.

Tyler_Durden
01-08-2012, 01:25 PM
I know it's an uphill battle, but I think the media has been doing the best job in discrediting itself. I get very angry like the rest of you guys. There are days I want to throw the remote at the tv screen! But I noticed that the worst they get, the more they shoot themselves in the foot and expose themselves for who they really are.

I disagree. The Santorum surge the week before the Caucus was started by the skewed CNN poll, which only reflected Registered Republicans. Next thing we knew, this happened out of nowhere: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4O3_CED1Fk&sns=em

tempest
01-08-2012, 01:38 PM
I would be all for this but I'm afraid at this point in the race it will only appear that RP and his supporters are a bunch of whiners.Nonsense.

The "Grinch = hypocrisy" ad did NOT make us or Ron appear to be a bunch of whiners at all.

I think we just have to continually pound out Dr. Paul's message - and choose powerfuls words, quotes and FACTS (including those foreign experts who agree with RP)in a repetitve manner such as they do.

I know it's an uphill battle, but I think the media has been doing the best job in discrediting itself. I get very angry like the rest of you guys. There are days I want to throw the remote at the tv screen! But I noticed that the worst they get, the more they shoot themselves in the foot and expose themselves for who they really are.True but that's just not enough. Look at Iowa: Ron was either leading or second in the polls and Santorum was last... then one weekend of Santorum hype later Rick is ahead of everyone.

Another indication: Grinch became a top tier candidate thanks to him going after the media during the earlier debates. Going after the media is a proven good strategy. One obviously has to do it in the right way and only do it with fully verified facts but it should be done.

Besides, the media goons are not gonna get nicer so Paul has nothing to lose from them. They have been smearing him EVERY DAY since mid December and there is no indication that they are gonna stop it. In fact the lack of counter-attack by "us" seems to be encouraging media hacks to make more outrageous attacks (case in point: a 100% private anonymous sockpuppet-account youtube video being slanderously displayed on national television as if it is a "campaign ad")

Emerick
01-08-2012, 01:39 PM
These are my observations/suggestions:

1) Don't use the TV against the TV. It won't work. You will give them our money and they will simply bash Ron Paul more and more. In the end, it would be unproductive. So, we need alternative media. We already use a lot of internet, but this has its limits: we can't reach older folkes.

2) In order to reach older people, we need to go to them directly. My suggestion is something on the line of the Super Brochures project. That is: mail people directly.

3) What to tell them about and how? I think we need TWO DVDs and one specifically made Brochure.

i) DVD one: exposure of the media;

ii) DVD two: full explanation of Ron Paul's ideas;

iii) Brochure: something to make people curious to see the DVDs.

4) Explanation of DVD 1:

a) Start asking them if they ever heard someone saying these two things: Ron Paul is unelectable and Ron Paul is crazy.

b) Then, ask them these very simple questions: "Do you think a crazy person could have predicted our economic crisis at least five YEARS before it happened? Do you think a crazy person could have predicted the Arab Spring? Do you think a crazy people could have predicted the terrorist attacks three YEARS before they happened?"

c) Show those speeches in which Ron Paul predicted every major thing that would happen to America. After showing the predictions, make a list of them. And then show, one by one, how they came true.

d) Ask again: "Do you think a kook, a crazy, a loony, an ignorant could have predicted this? Do you think anyone who doesn't know extremely well about this could have predicted all of this? Have YOU predicted ANY of these things? But you sure hear everytime, maybe everyday, that Ron Paul is crazy, a kook, someone who doesn't have a clue about what he says, right?".

e) Make a compilation of all talking heads calling him nuts, crazy, dangerous etc.

f) Ask the question: "WHY do they do this? WHY are they so scared of Ron Paul? WHY do they fear so much someone who has alerted us against every bad thing that would happen years before it did happen? WHY do they want YOU to be scared of Ron Paul?"

g) Go on exposing the establishment. Begin by showing that thing Roger Simons (I think) said, about how the media job is to choose who can and who can't be elected. Show the Gloria Borger interview (cut and uncut), then the headlines lying about it. And then expose her husband, how he's a lobbyist etc. Do this over and over again. Prove this point. Make all the connections between big corporate media and the military industrial complex and the financial system. Show how they select the politicians, how they decide who can be elected and who cannot. Show how they manipulate people, how they give money and time to Romney and Obama etc. Talk about the "Iowa doesn't mean squad if Ron Paul wins", tell about the 89 seconds NBC gave to Ron in a debate etc. etc.

There is plenty of material at this point.

h) Then turn to the unelectable thing. And show how this is nonsense.

i) Ask people to watch DVD 2 and to donate, so we can send this same message to other people. Get them involved. Ask them to show this to their friends and family. Appeal to their sense of justice, saying something like this: "even if you disagree with Ron Paul, don't you think he deserves an honest treatment, don't you think the media has no right to manipulate people, to treat them like cattle?"

It maybe a little expensive, but the points are these:

1) We have to prove our point beyond a doubt. This requires a lot of time.

2) After we show how media manipulates people against Ron Paul, we must clarify his true positions and why he's right.

3) A powerfull message like this has an enormous potential of creating DEVOTED supporters, people who will in fact help us. And, of course, a strong supporter has the ability to create a dozen soft or strong supporters. So, this has a multiplier effect.

5) If we can engage people, it can be easily financed. I calculated that, if 6% of people who receives the DVDs (considering just one in each house) donates 50 dollars, this projected would be payed by the viewers themselves!

6) We do this without giving the MSM a cent!

7) WE do this. So it doesn't hurt Ron's campaign. He would still do whatever he's planning to do. He will do the interviews the same way he's been doing. So, he will a little time of exposure on the MSM without being too confronted about this.

8) We can do this step by step, targeting the early states first and then go as the primaries advance.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-08-2012, 01:44 PM

No, they don't lose, but the voters who were naysayers lose. The GOP elite could care less if they lose as long as Ron Paul isn't elected.

wgadget
01-19-2012, 10:48 PM
One thing that really bugs me is people like Hannity and Sarah Palin talking like they are not part of the media. What the hell do they think they are if not media? IMO they're even WORSE than media--they're The Deciders for millions of brainless sheep.

mavtek
01-20-2012, 12:45 AM
Lets face it, we need to admit and recognize the areas where we fail.

"It isn't until we realize the mistake that we can correct the mistake"

1. Media as a whole, sure we have a few outlets that seem fair to us, but as a whole we are destroyed or ignored.

So how can we combat this? It doesn't appear to me that this type of thing is localized, we may need to concentrate on local TV and radio. Not in a haphazard way, but in a real way. Protest the studio, buy advertising time promoting Paul websites, meet with marketing reps about getting spot deals, get PAC's to issue press releases. Stroke local radio and tv journalist's egos.

2. TV, we have no presense in major television outlets.

Don't forget though we do have valid TV shows that are decidely pro Paul, Stossel on Fox Biz and of course Judge Nap. These are 2 that I would love to see more Americans watching, so how do we accomplish this? Well maybe a call out to regular Fox viewers, promote a survey have them watch Judge Nap for a week and then fill out a survey online or by phone. We can award prizes for participation and send everyone a pocket constitution. When the surveys come back we find out who liked the show based on the surveys. When we send the prizes we promote pro liberty websites and media outlets. I'm sure we could elaborate more on this, but this is how we grow. Many see TV as real, if it's on Fox as we have already found, you can trust it whatever though, we can use it!

3. Web media

We're better here as we can often comment on a story and help sway the opinion of the reader, this works really well and brings in many the astute supporter or the supporter on the fence. But how can we improve?

Promote, Promote, Promote!
Link a reason.com article or a nolanchart.com article, lewrockwell.com article at least a few times a week. Buy advertising from them, promote promote!

We need to get the alternative media that we currently have mainstream! We need to grow that as well, not just our political movement.

Tyler_Durden
01-20-2012, 08:28 PM
In recognition of "Ron Paul Who? It's a 3-man Race" day, I'm bumping.

I now yield....

KramerDSP
01-20-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm starting to think it will take acts of civil disobedience. Against the corporate media. Sit-ins. Crashing debates with signs saying "The Corporate Media is Lying to you" or "CNN = Pravda". Elaborate protests that are guaranteed to generate attention.

Tyler_Durden
01-20-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm starting to think it will take acts of civil disobedience. Against the corporate media. Sit-ins. Crashing debates with signs saying "The Corporate Media is Lying to you" or "CNN = Pravda". Elaborate protests that are guaranteed to generate attention.

We need to do something. Bitching, emailing, calling the networks, etc. isn't working. I thought after Iowa and N. Hampshire, the press would start to become fair and equal. That's clearly not the case.....

Tina
01-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Wish someone could do a documentary type video and put it on TV.

IDefendThePlatform
01-24-2012, 06:06 AM
I loved it when Ron did this on Cavutos show:
https://twitter.com/tonystuntz/status/160810617467437057

Definitely need to expose the media.

KEEF
01-24-2012, 06:12 AM
My two cents is that dumb voters love media attacks (ala the Newt SC results). If Rom Paul directly attacks the MSM, people will love it. What do we have to lose?

cindy25
01-24-2012, 06:22 AM
No, they don't lose, but the voters who were naysayers lose. The GOP elite could care less if they lose as long as Ron Paul isn't elected.

they care if its a landslide and they lose the house. even Ann Coulter said Newt is the least conservative of the four (which means if its Newt vs Ron she votes Ron; same for Beck

Captain Shays
01-24-2012, 03:40 PM
I suggest this. That we have a common cause here with people who I consider loyal Americans who are more loyal to their country than they are to any party including the third party they belong to and now support. This isn't the first time I have encountered this. Before I realized that I was really a libertarian/conservative and when I was first getting my feet wet by doing HOURS of research about every party, our Constitution and our history my first party that I worked for was the Green Party and trying to get Ralph Nader elected.
My first fight was working to get his name on the ballot in New Jersey. This is the same effort that ALL third parties need to go through and it usually exhausts most of their resources before they even begin to campaign.
Then after we got his name on the ballot our next effort was to get the word out. The elites wouldn't even allow him into the televised debates. Then I realized that they wouldn't allow Harry Browne Libertarian, Howard Phillips Constitution Party, Pat Buchanan Reformed Party, John Hagelin Natural Law Party, or David McRenolds Socialist Party into the debates either. The media NEVER mentioned their names and if by chance they did, it was only to marginalize them.
That is when I realized that to simply ignore them gives the impression that they don't exist and if by chance some one finds out they are running for president it's not oworth voting for them or giving them money because it's a wasted vote and wasted money.

I am saying this because the elites are treating Ron Paul as a third party candidate already or at least trying to.

My suggestion is for all of us to start contacting ANYONE and EVERYONE who has EVER worked for or supported a third party candidate. They ALL know what we're going through and are going to be very sympathetic to our problem with the media. We have an advantage because what is good for us will be good for them in the long run and in my opinion good for this country. What we do will help to enlighten the American people about the power grab that exists with Democrats on one side of a coin, Republicans on the other and the mainstream media making the edge and giving the edge to the establishment elites in EVERY election

If we have ______ Ron Paul supporters who are willing to help with whatever we come up with we can ad MILLIONS of other people to our numbers on THIS SPECIFIC problem. They don't have to agree with our libertarian or small govt or non interventionist foreign policy. But trust me. They WILL come on board with our indictment of the media. We only have to reach out for their help. We can make this a serious movement and it should be a serious movement

FreeTraveler
01-24-2012, 04:00 PM
If more than 15% of the youth vote would show up at the polls, this wouldn't matter. We'd be winning every state. It's fun to look for other reasons we're not winning, but it boils down to dragging your friends away from their X-boxes and beer and making sure they vote.

MichaelD
01-24-2012, 04:02 PM
True.

Not only that, I think the GOP need to know that throwing the election to Obama isn't just some spiteful threat, but that we actually think Mitt, Newt and Santorum are no better than Obama, and in the case of Newt or Santorum potentially much more dangerous than Obama.

TomtheTinker
01-24-2012, 04:18 PM
War! !! Does this mean I get to dust of my battle axe??