PDA

View Full Version : In Defense Of Individuals Who Stand Up To The 'Tyranny Of A Massive Revolution'

Indy Vidual
11-09-2007, 08:08 PM
In Defense Of Individuals Who Stand Up To The 'Tyranny Of A Massive Revolution'

Why was the seemingly well-intentioned individual who started teaparty07.org and .net 'practically forced' to obey the will of the majority?

1) Because Ron Paul supporters will "be confused?"

This 'argument' carried way too much weight, IMO.
What do you think we are mindless 'Neo-bots'?

2) Because you didn't like the graphics?

So what?
Did anyone give him friendly feedback and time to fix it??

3) Because it has to 'all be on one site'?

Why?
* Anyone who joins a mailing list is 'smart enough to know' they will be receiving follow up emails. Right?
* On the exciting day we will know how much money comes into one place, www.Ronpaul2008.com

I stand firmly In Defense Of Individuals Who Stand Up To The 'Tyranny Of A Massive Revolution'
Do you??

Dave Wood
11-09-2007, 08:11 PM

Why was the seemingly well-intentioned individual who started teaparty07.org and .net 'practically forced' to obey the will of the majority?

So what?

Why?
* Anyone who joins a mailing list is 'smart enough to know' they will be receiving follow up emails. Right?
* On the exciting day we will know how much money comes into one place, www.Ronpaul2008.com

I stand firmly In Defense Of Individuals Who Stand Up To The 'Tyranny Of A Massive Revolution'
Do you??

Welcome...but I have not an effing clue what you are talking about:confused::D

margomaps
11-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Wait....you put the what in the where now? I'm confused. Who's on first?!!

NewEnd
11-09-2007, 08:13 PM
because we need a single subscriber number, the bigger the number, the safer others will feel to donate themselves.

Strength in numbers.

garrettwombat
11-09-2007, 08:15 PM
it shouldnt matter... i do think we need to be organized with one site though... and i like .com the best

Dave Wood
People are just looking for ONE site too pledge........It could be this site if that helps.

Do what you want to do, just like Trevor Lyman REMEMBER, REMEMBER.

There where a lot of people telling him NO dont do it too.....then BAMMMMMM.

People ARE lining up to PLEDGE though and that would be easier on ONE site

reduen
Clueless also..:confused:

derdy
11-09-2007, 08:19 PM
at least we have our domains covered!

maybe they should crossreference their databases of subscribers and have a running unique subscriber total on each one? :D

turn them lemons into lemonade!

Menthol Patch
11-09-2007, 08:19 PM
I also think we need just one site. More than one site will confuse people.

schmeisser
11-09-2007, 08:22 PM

Wouldn't we need to know who it was to evaluate motivations and provide feedback?

derdy
11-09-2007, 08:22 PM
at least we have our domains covered!

maybe they should crossreference their databases of subscribers and have a running unique subscriber total on each one? :D

turn them lemons into lemonade!

looks like they already thought of my idea :)

from the teaparty07.org:
We're moving to TeaParty07.com!

Having trouble connecting with TeaParty07.com? Entering your email below will submit it to the new TeaParty07 site. They gave us their code to help combine efforts until their site is live.

manny
11-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Welcome to the board :) ... if you look in the "December 15th Events & December 16th Donations" sub-forum you'll find no end of threads debating this issue - and many related ones ...

I don't know what the right answer is to how many websites etc but I think we shouldn't worry right this minute ... nov 11 first then there's still a month to sort things out so it will be cool.

Watch this Dec 16 video and get excited :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J-3M2D3V94M

Energy
11-09-2007, 08:36 PM
because we need a single subscriber number, the bigger the number, the safer others will feel to donate themselves.

Strength in numbers.

Exactly. It's social proof and credibility. And to have a convenient, one-stop website for news/updates about the whole weekend. Nothing to do with the graphics. No hard feelings.

And as an aside, they did register teaparty07.com first and then someone came in and scooped .net and .org with private WHOIS registrations and for a while didn't know who to contact to work together.

r3volution
11-09-2007, 09:10 PM

So what?

Why?

Do you??

who are you ?

kimochinews
11-12-2007, 04:10 AM

Do you??

I share your concern, Indy, and I have to admit that I was looking forward to seeing the various sites that would arise supporting the donation drive on the 16th.

foofighter20x
11-12-2007, 04:16 AM

No one forced that guy to do anything. He cooperated willingly.

hard@work
11-12-2007, 04:30 AM
Uhh.... the operators of both websites got in touch with each other and worked things out. Why was this posted then?

r3volution
11-12-2007, 12:46 PM
because ,

all the website are belong to us ! hahahahahahah

Fyretrohl
11-12-2007, 12:53 PM
GREAT GREAT video. I mean, on top of the Tea Party and Liberty message...Now, I want to give the US Ron Paul for Christmas.

DealzOnWheelz
11-12-2007, 01:52 PM
The main reason 1 site is the best is because of the fact people are trying to make fake ones to get peoples credit card info

if there are multiple sites it opens up the possibility that someone wanting to donate to ron paul will be donating to some dickhead thief.

And the last thing we need is Negative MSM about peoples money being stolen/Ron Paul campaign.

its that simple