PDA

View Full Version : Evangelicals turning from Perry to Paul

sailingaway
01-07-2012, 12:51 AM
http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/01/06/3641207/evangelicals-turning-from-perry.html

TheSecretBillionaire
01-07-2012, 01:01 AM
yay

ZanZibar
01-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Doug Wead rocks

FreeTraveler
01-07-2012, 10:00 AM
If Israel were threatened, Paul would act, Wead said: "But he believes in the Constitution, and only Congress should decide when we go to war in the Middle East, not pundits on TV."

BAM!

trey4sports
01-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Didn't we end up winning em in Iowa? Good stuff

wgadget
01-07-2012, 10:03 AM
I wonder if troll-made YouTube videos might be creating policy as well in the near future? The media certainly gives them credence...

Constitutional Paulicy
01-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Now that's what I talk-n-bout!!!

Drex
01-07-2012, 10:14 AM
awesome!

Dsylexic
01-07-2012, 10:16 AM
spread that wead around :-)

centure7
01-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Ron Paul is hands down the truest Christian out there. He absolutely deserves the vote of both the evangelical vote and the Christian right. I mean this is a guy who (along with HIS ENTIRE FAMILY) left the Episcopalian church after they adopted a pro-choice stance. You can't get a higher Christian political cred than that.

centure7
01-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Oh and Ron Paul is one of those guys who does mention Bible verses in random conversation. Bachmann seems like she might do that too but certainly not Santorum. Therefore he's the only hardcore Christian personality in the mix.

georgiaboy
01-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Interesting take here -- is this really the nature of the split? If so, the former group simply needs more understanding about how Ron's positions do promote J-C values and gives Israel its sovereignty:

Paul is finding votes in a growing divide among evangelicals.

Some want a strong government to promote Judeo-Christian values and aggressively defend Israel.

Others want a thrifty government that leaves most decisions to the state level and lets Christianity flourish on its own.

"If we allow the federal government to dictate, it will dictate the wrong way more often," Wead said.

If Israel were threatened, Paul would act, Wead said: "But he believes in the Constitution, and only Congress should decide when we go to war in the Middle East, not pundits on TV."

First time I've ever heard this one. I used to have the highest respect for those guys. Now I wonder.:

Evangelical leaders all but drafted Perry, who attends a Southern Baptist megachurch, after Mike Huckabee bowed out and Newt Gingrich faltered.

Now, with Santorum surging, Dobson, Wildmon and former presidential candidate Gary Bauer have called a summit next weekend in Central Texas to plan their next move.

"It's really all about them and that little group keeping power," Wead said.

Sola_Fide
01-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Doug Wead rocks

He's the secret weapon.

georgiaboy
01-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Ron Paul is hands down the truest Christian out there. He absolutely deserves the vote of both the evangelical vote and the Christian right.

YES!

I mean this is a guy who (along with HIS ENTIRE FAMILY) left the Episcopalian church after they adopted a pro-choice stance. You can't get a higher Christian political cred than that.

interesting, didn't know that.

Oh and Ron Paul is one of those guys who does mention Bible verses in random conversation. Bachmann seems like she might do that too but certainly not Santorum. Therefore he's the only hardcore Christian personality in the mix.

Really? Do you have examples of this? I don't recall Paul verse-dropping.

Paulatized
01-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Ron Paul is hands down the truest Christian out there. He absolutely deserves the vote of both the evangelical vote and the Christian right. I mean this is a guy who (along with HIS ENTIRE FAMILY) left the Episcopalian church after they adopted a pro-choice stance. You can't get a higher Christian political cred than that.

Just to clear any possible confusion, "they" (antecedent) being the Episcopalian church not the Paul's. When I first read it I thought you meant Paul was pro-choice, which I knew not to be so.

Paulatized
01-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Didn't we end up winning em in Iowa? Good stuff

Read a post recently that indicate Paul got 50% of the evangelical vote in Iowa. Also earlier today there was a thread talking about a large voting block moving Paul's way in the near future, hmmm....

georgiaboy
01-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Read a post recently that indicate Paul got 50% of the evangelical vote in Iowa.

Answered prayer!

Also earlier today there was a thread talking about a large voting block moving Paul's way in the near future, hmmm....

more answered prayer? :-)

abstrusezincate
01-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Given that our support won't transfer to any other candidate, evangelicals will have to make a choice probably after South Carolina whom they would rather have as their candidate: Ron Paul or Mitt Romney.

I believe Mitt will win NH, SC, and FL, and that will very likely eliminate Gingrich and Santorum from real competition as they don't have the money to stay in without a win in the Palmetto State. Ron can stay in because of our support, and it will provide an interesting choice going forward.

With just two choice, people of faith will reassess, and we'll see what they decide. If they came on board, we could win starting on Super Tuesday. For as much money as Mitt has, you can't afford to play everywhere unless people do it on their own spontaneously. And that might be our advantage. Our grassroots can reach out, can pull people into the tent, evangelicals and independents alike, and make this a race state by state.

It hasn't been done this way before in recent history, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. It just takes a little faith. :)

George_K
01-07-2012, 11:09 AM
What would Jesus do? = Vote for War Candidate 1, War Candidate 2, War Candidate 3, War Candidate 4, or for the single Peace Candidate among them.

EBounding
01-07-2012, 11:18 AM
"If Israel were threatened, Paul would act, Wead said: 'But he believes in the Constitution, and only Congress should decide when we go to war in the Middle East, not pundits on TV.'"

Huh? Does Wead know something we don't know? I've never heard Paul say he would jump to get Congress to declare war if Israel were threatened.

But Paul exemplify the most Christian character out of anyone.

“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them."

What's everyone else's fruit? Deception and pandering. Paul's fruit is honesty, consistency and compassion.

Paulatized
01-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Answered prayer!

more answered prayer? :-)

I went back to try and find where I read that 50% figure to see if it was sourced and could not find it (after 30 min of going through adv search). I don't intentionally post misleading ifto, but feel sure I read it yesterday because it stuck in my mind because it was higher than I would have figured. Anyway I found this which indicates he got 18% of the evangelical vote http://www.pewforum.org/Politics-and-Elections/Religion-and-the-2012-Iowa-Republican-Caucuses.aspx Maybe my eye saw what I wished it was.

floridasun1983
01-07-2012, 11:54 AM
In my opinion (full disclosure here, I'm a Southern Baptist), I think Ron should quote Jesus when it comes to the foreign policy stuff. Anybody remember "Blessed are the peacemakers?" How will Mitt, Frothy, and Gingrich react to that, will they call Jesus "Out of touch?" Will they call Jesus a liberal? Will they claim Jesus couldn't know anything about terrorism, or wasn't a foreign policy expert? I doubt any of them would be foolish enough to attack it.

S.Shorland
01-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Some of these people can't think.A theocracy would be poison.Why? because the zealots would rise to the top.There would be no mercy or forgiveness.The envious or hateful would thrive and accuse just for the sake of it.