Eric21ND
01-07-2012, 12:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPhquf6HNyc

eugenekop
01-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Yeah, Rand is great.

Spikender
01-07-2012, 12:46 AM
He did a very good job in this one... then again, when doesn't he? He really knows how to directly answer the questions and never goes on the defensive. Good job once again, Rand!

RonPaulFanInGA
01-07-2012, 12:48 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?233540-David-Weigel-Why-Rand-Paul-is-winning

A friend passes on this high-quality video of Rand Paul’s closing statement at a candidate forum for Kentucky U.S. Senate candidates. If you’ve watched enough video of his father, Ron, debating Republicans, the resonances and contrasts are remarkable. Rand looks and sounds like his father, but he’s got a yen for partisan combat and a crispness to his arguments.

Ron, who vastly expanded his support as a kind of cult figure in the 2007 campaign, was always more comfortable making philosophical arguments than grappling with his opponents. Rand makes those arguments, then fires bullets back at his opponents, Trey Grayson and Bill Johnson. It’s an illustration of how a candidate whose first media coverage was of the “isn’t this an amusing sideshow” variety has put himself in position to be the GOP’s nominee in Kentucky.

doronster195
01-07-2012, 12:53 AM
After watching this again, I have to admit that I'm really impressed with Rand Paul. Never really looked to deeply into him, but the more I've been hearing him lately the better. I think he would make a great president.

affa
01-07-2012, 01:04 AM
Rand Paul seriously commanded that interview. Flawlessly converted a question about Romney into an on point message on Santorum

Eric21ND
01-07-2012, 01:16 AM
I like how he uses historical examples and cites those generals and those Israeli intelligence people that back Ron's views.

doctor jones
01-07-2012, 01:28 AM
Rand Paul is BOSS. Can't wait till he's in the White House.

JJ2
01-07-2012, 01:29 AM
I really, really hope he'll run for President in 2016 if Ron doesn't win this year. He will have had more experience in the Senate than Obama had! (Of course, he'll have to go up against the "rising stars" of the GOP in Rubio and Christie, but hopefully if Obama has 4 more years Republicans will be ready for the libertarian message!)

Eric21ND
01-07-2012, 03:47 AM
Those guys are intellectual lightweights compared to Rand.

ibaghdadi
01-07-2012, 04:04 AM
Rand shows us how it's done.

Articulate, informed, smart, and without undercutting the message.

Sure beats "we can't afford it, it's none of our business, it's not our problem, no one cares."

LiveForHonortune
01-07-2012, 04:08 AM
Kentucky Fried CNN

abruzz0
01-07-2012, 04:11 AM
Rand is pure swag...he handles his biz in this interviews so smoothly, and with keen precision.

RickyJ
01-07-2012, 04:20 AM
Blitzer doesn't look too happy interviewing him. I think he is thinking dang, this was suppose to be an attack piece on Ron Paul and his son has turned it around to be an attack piece on Santorum.

Kudos to Rand Paul for remaining calm and giving great answers.

Dartht33bagger
01-07-2012, 04:55 AM
With a kid like that backing you up, how can you not just destroy at interviewing? He is just as good as his father on explaining the issues and that is commendable.

Edit: If you look at the text box at the bottom of the screen during roughly the last 5 seconds of the clip, it says "Only one of the 2012 GOP candidates has served as a U.S. Senator: Rick Santorum." CNN seems to be pulling their usual BS.

Xenophage
01-07-2012, 05:20 AM
Rand Paul seriously commanded that interview. Flawlessly converted a question about Romney into an on point message on Santorum

He's some sort of public speaking genius and he blows my mind sometimes. Rand Paul has expended tremendous intellectual effort determining exactly how to win an argument and command a dialogue.

Student Of Paulism
01-07-2012, 05:34 AM
He's some sort of public speaking genius and he blows my mind sometimes. Rand Paul has expended tremendous intellectual effort determining exactly how to win an argument and command a dialogue.

Yea, couldn't have said it better :D Rand is a great speaker and really captures your attention, with a fluid and distinct style. He never allows himself to get backed into a corner either. I was listening to Timothy Baldwin on Alex Jones recently, and they were talking about the whole 'Ron movement' and he mentioned how when Obi Wan's time was over, he passed the baton to Luke....and i think this plays out no different as well.

LiveForHonortune
01-07-2012, 06:01 AM
With a kid like that backing you up, how can you not just destroy at interviewing? He is just as good as his father on explaining the issues and that is commendable.

Edit: If you look at the text box at the bottom of the screen during roughly the last 5 seconds of the clip, it says "Only one of the 2012 GOP candidates has served as a U.S. Senator: Rick Santorum." CNN seems to be pulling their usual BS.

I'd actually go as far as to say Rand is superior to his own father on explaining the issues. Probably because he has the youth for it, we all know Paul was far better in his early years than he is now.

Norwegian
01-07-2012, 06:13 AM
Yeah. Fully agreed. This interview was so great that CNN decided to delete it from their CNN youtube account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y6MdSxYKf8

Pathetic.

Diurdi
01-07-2012, 06:21 AM
Yeah. Fully agreed. This interview was so great that CNN decided to delete it from their CNN youtube account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y6MdSxYKf8

Pathetic. Haha. To be fair though, all of their video's display an error for me right now so I doubt this is intentional.

hard@work
01-07-2012, 06:32 AM
Blitzer doesn't look too happy interviewing him. I think he is thinking dang, this was suppose to be an attack piece on Ron Paul and his son has turned it around to be an attack piece on Santorum.

Kudos to Rand Paul for remaining calm and giving great answers.

I think he was swallowing the bitter truth about the division in Israel. Wolf cares a lot about that country. And Rand is right about the politicians and military heads over there being in line with Paul.

Mordan
01-07-2012, 06:46 AM
lol Rand Paul is how you beat the Media! He turns every interview upside down and with some wits at that.

if Ron Paul is Obi Wan, Rand is Luke.